Discuss and compare your favorite players
ratherton
Veteran Member

I don't think he's going to get much sympathy after reading this:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 54,00.html

hustler89
Veteran Member

Ashley Cole is a donut.
If he didn't want the board to "haggle" over 5k, what does he care, if he sees it as a piss take falling only 5k, surely it isn't going to be much in his extravagent lifestyle.
Money & shady dealing really are taking over football.

ratherton
Veteran Member

hustler89 wrote:Ashley Cole is a donut.
If he didn't want the board to "haggle" over 5k, what does he care, if he sees it as a piss take falling only 5k, surely it isn't going to be much in his extravagent lifestyle.
Money & shady dealing really are taking over football.
He wont get any sympathy due the amounts they earn but if you take out the huge amounts of money and look at what happened (if it's true), I can understand his anger

1. Dein came to him and offered a pay rise to £35,000 which is way below the going rate for a player of his value. This is something bosses in all businesses do in the hope you will just be happy with the pay rise. They know they are effective getting a bargain and there is always the chance the employee will be happy with the rise

2. If Arsenal and Cole's agent have shaken on £60,000 a week then both parties should honour that.

However, like I've said many times. Money is ruining football and this is another example.

owensglory

i agree with cole.

arsenal should pay him more wage.if they can pay henry,why not cole.all of us know that cole is an excellnet player.already a 1st team member of arsenal and england even he was still young.no one will ever think about who will fight with him for a place in the starting line-up at left back position.

he said that when he and henry stand together on the pitch after a match and receive the applaud from fans,he only heard the fans shouting henry's name.he was like invicible!situation shouldnt be like this considered his contribution to the club .moreover,he was once the only england player in arsenal after campbell left.

cole wanted 60000 pounds per week.why arsenal want to save that 5000 pound?paying more 5000 and u wouldnt have lost a great player.trust me,gallas is worse than cole.for me,although he is a defender,he should have earned more than 60000 pounds per week,because he is one of the best defenders in the world.still 26.in his peak!

yes,money is ruining football.but i dont think this is an example.cole is greater than enough to be paid 60000pounds per week.he deserved it.will henry sign a contract worth 60000pounds per week with arsenal?

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Yeah Ratherton, I don't think that was good for his publicity at all...those parts at least.