Zlatan

Discuss and compare your favorite players
soccer11
Admin

well Zlaten Ibrahimovic is going to inter milan on a 4 year contract. i dont think this is so smart because they already have adriano and martins. someone will be the odd man out and i think it will probably be martins, which is a shame because he's just coming into his own. how does everyone think this affects serie A and inter milan?

medved

:? its interesting that you think they will replace zlatan with martins. In my opinion they want to stay with one speedster witch would obviously be martins, and a more technical/skillfull player with a good touch. Why would they want to revamp their attacking style of play by having two skillful players but noone two send a peircing through ball to when they need that last minute counter attack. If any of their star forwards will be replaced by alot of ibrahimovic playing time it will be Adriano as he didnt quite shine last season and they will want to keep martins on for his speed/explosiveness as a side striker. My feeling is that Zlatan will just have to do with less playing time than he got in Juventus.

soccer11
Admin

i guess but is that really the zlatan we all know. he'll shoot off his mouth and complain if he lets limited playing time. there was talk of real madrid getting adriano and sending ronaldo to inter, but i dont think that would happen. it seemed like every brazilian not named ronaldinho had a bad or below par season last season, but we all know what adriano can do and it would be a mistake to send him away or not play him consistantly. so what about how this affects serie A? i think this almost locks it up for them, you guys (and girls)?

milanese
Veteran Member

Inter might sell/loan Martins, which would be a good idea IMO.

They have Adriano, Zlatan, Crespo, Cruz and Recoba.

Adriano has been the man there despite his slump and you'd think he's still going to be starting. Cruz was the best guy at Inter last year, and we'll see how Mancini treats him. Zlatan played like crap last year, but still a great prospect, good player. Crespo is a good goal-scorer, and it remains to be seen where he'll stand on the team.

There's a chance they might play 3 upfront, which they have the depth for now.

The signing's of Grosso and Viera along with Crespo and Zlatan should lock up the serie A for Inter. But then again, if anyone can screw it up, it's Inter. They also signed Maxwell and Dacourt, so they've really thrown everything into winning this year.

Kaka's_got_skillz
Sophomore Member

IMO, Ibra is a good player, and can easily replace Martins with new energy in the Inter lineup and makes for great creativity with crespo and/or Adriano. Anyway around (even though I don't like Inter), I think that Ibra will assist them well for the future.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Martins left to Newcastle, but i'm not too sure how Adriano and Zlatan can play together, just have to wait and see.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

I don't think Inter can go wrong with those two (Adriano and Zlatan) up front. I know I wouldn't mind it... :D

ratherton
Veteran Member

Zlatan is an over-rated show pony. He's got a severe attitude problem. The latest incident being when he got sent home before the last Sweden game for doing something wrong along (they didn't say what it was).

Now he's told the manager he won't play in the next 2 Sweden games. If I were the Swedish manager, I'd never pick him again for a statement like that.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Maybe he should fix his attitude, but nobody can deny his ability as a footballer.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:Zlatan is an over-rated show pony. He's got a severe attitude problem. The latest incident being when he got sent home before the last Sweden game for doing something wrong along (they didn't say what it was).

Now he's told the manager he won't play in the next 2 Sweden games. If I were the Swedish manager, I'd never pick him again for a statement like that.
He was out looooong past his curfew for that game.

Anyway, minus that Ajax goal, I have never been a fan of him. All he can to now is juggle chewing gum. For his height, he isn't a great header of the ball, and he has been far from a goal threat over the past couple of years.
God damn brewery!!!