Overrated/Underrated

Discuss and compare your favorite players
keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 15 Sep 2007, 20:57

rzadzinski wrote:Well, the general public who know nothing are full of sh*t about any player they think is awesome.

Becks is a world class player no matter what. He is a role model in being honourable for his country and for all young footballers. Sure he isn't the best, but he is damn good at what he does.

P.S. The women love him, that's all.

Yeah true rzad. I didn't mean that he isn't as you put it a "world-class player" He is great but that's all peple talk about. Beckham Beckham Beckham. You can't say anything without somebody talking about him. Don't get me wrong i think he is a great player but is overrated now.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

mikaldinho

Post by mikaldinho » 26 Sep 2007, 15:47

rooney is incredibly overrated... he hasnt scored in 3 years for england, and i cant recall many assists
what im trying 2 say is that he hasnt proved himself at international level

miles_da_striker
New User

Post by miles_da_striker » 26 Sep 2007, 17:01

Henry is a little he really doesn't use the spectacular striking skills when his team needs him... dont get me wrong tho hes an amazing player.. Cristiano Ronaldo is also overrated beacuse hes too much of a pretty boy.. Although hes my favorite player i beleive ronaldinho is a little overrated....

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 26 Sep 2007, 21:12

mikaldinho wrote:rooney is incredibly overrated... he hasnt scored in 3 years for england, and i cant recall many assists
Goal against Holland last November and Argentina 12 months before that. In between, he hasn't played in too many England games.

I'm sure he got at least an assist against Andorra too.

38 caps and 12 goals isn't bad for a 22 year old although I fully agree, he hasn't really performed since Euro 2004 for England.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 27 Sep 2007, 20:59

mikaldinho wrote:rooney is incredibly overrated... he hasnt scored in 3 years for england, and i cant recall many assists
thankyou! Someone actually agrees with me, hes good but he to be honest he screws up the England team, as England have to play to him, he you get these players who play in free roles, i.e rooney, riquelme, who have great ability but dont help the team too much.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 29 Sep 2007, 01:52

I do agree on the rooney subject. Although a great player for his club, Rooney hasn't done well for England in a while.

Alot of Goalies are Underrated. Think about it. You obviously know more strikers than goalies. Although alot of goalis are considered, more goalies in more areas should be recognised aound the world. Sorry bout this i just feel sympathetic towards keepers.(I used to play keeeper and no one gave me recognition for it)
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 29 Sep 2007, 03:02

Well, for one thing, you never see highlights of goalies making decent saves, only players who took a great shot with the keeper just able to tip it over (everything is in player perspective). There are still keepers that are great, the ones that everyone know, like Casillas, Cech, Dida, Buffon, Kahn, Lehmann.... list goes on..

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 29 Sep 2007, 12:59

Kakasgotskillz wrote:Well, for one thing, you never see highlights of goalies making decent saves, only players who took a great shot with the keeper just able to tip it over (everything is in player perspective). There are still keepers that are great, the ones that everyone know, like Casillas, Cech, Dida, Buffon, Kahn, Lehmann.... list goes on..
In my opinion, that list of great keepers should have stopped at Kahn

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Post by ballackfan » 30 Sep 2007, 00:06

The overrated players played in certain league, because the league is overrated or rather popular. Do you hear player like Eduardo Da Silva until he comes to the Premiership? The most 'popular' league are usually played at a high level, so there's no need to say they're overrated. I know they are a lot of politics in this sport also, which I think it's quite sad.

erick
Veteran Member

Post by erick » 08 Oct 2007, 18:19

overated players to me are all the brazilian and argentinan young players. The only reason why they good is because they learn from the people around them like messi (rona) aguero (torres) unlike the mexican players that are "homemade'

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 08 Oct 2007, 18:52

Don't even kid yourself. Messi and Aguero are goal machines who are lighting La Liga up right now. On the contrary, I can't think of a single Mexican player who is a shining beacon in world football, although I heard Vela was very good for Osasuna on the weekend.

God damn brewery!!!

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 08 Oct 2007, 20:10

do you mean home grown mexican talent like Dos Santos who has been at Barca from an incredibly young age :idea:

just to let you know aguero grew up in Argentina and i would say he is home grown

Whats so bad about messi being influenced by great players and coaches at barca and how does it make him over rated. (im not over rating him when i say he IS the best player in the world at this moment :wink: )

the only other decent mexican i can think of is Castilla who plays for Shaktar Donesk (which certainly isnt in mexico :) )

anyeay thats why i think ericks talking pish :P

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 08 Oct 2007, 21:11

ScottyBoy wrote:do you mean home grown mexican talent like Dos Santos who has been at Barca from an incredibly young age :idea:

just to let you know aguero grew up in Argentina and i would say he is home grown

Whats so bad about messi being influenced by great players and coaches at barca and how does it make him over rated. (im not over rating him when i say he IS the best player in the world at this moment :wink: )

the only other decent mexican i can think of is Castilla who plays for Shaktar Donesk (which certainly isnt in mexico :) )

anyeay thats why i think ericks talking pish :P
Also lets not forget the fact that Castillo was raised in Argentina :P

or is it uruguay or wat?
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 08 Oct 2007, 23:43

Pretty sure it's Uruguay. Guillermo Franco is the Mexican player raised in Argentina.

God damn brewery!!!

backofthenet
New User

Post by backofthenet » 09 Oct 2007, 21:50

Pirlo is under-rated. Rio Ferdinand over-rated. And Lampard.