Overrated/Underrated

Discuss and compare your favorite players
hustler89
Veteran Member

In my opinion the most under rated players I watch all of the time are Aaron Lennon & Stilian Petrov.

Aaron Lennon's movement on the ball is abseloutely amazing and his speed, control and ability to pass defenders is staggering considering he is only 21 (?).
The media however, are constantly referring to Duff, Robben, C. Ronaldo and their like as the best wingers and constantly recieve praise.

Stilian Petrov is lethal in front of goal. He has not scored this season, but he has been very unlucky. He creates openings and chances for himself very easily and understands football in its rawest form. Something which is hard to find in a player these days.
Personally, I think he is level with Paul Scholes, who was pointed out earlier.

MBanić

ratherton wrote: :-) One of the supporters groups has arranged some football matches between England and Croatia - I'm playing in that.

I've just got back from the worst England performance I have ever seen. At the moment, I've very tempted to give the game a miss and just find a nice bar in Zagreb.

Croatia will beat England on Wednesday

McClaren is a ginger Sven and we need to sack him now
Then don't get Zeljko Kranjcar as your coach, tied in Malta :x

ratherton
Veteran Member

MBanić wrote:
ratherton wrote: :-) One of the supporters groups has arranged some football matches between England and Croatia - I'm playing in that.

I've just got back from the worst England performance I have ever seen. At the moment, I've very tempted to give the game a miss and just find a nice bar in Zagreb.

Croatia will beat England on Wednesday

McClaren is a ginger Sven and we need to sack him now
Then don't get Zeljko Kranjcar as your coach, tied in Malta :x
Sadly, there is no way the Ginger Sven will get sacked because:

1. We are still paying the last useless manager £13,000 every day
2. Our Football Association are run by idiots

MBanić

ratherton wrote:
Sadly, there is no way the Ginger Sven will get sacked because:

1. We are still paying the last useless manager £13,000 every day
2. Our Football Association are run by idiots
Oh really? Pay me £13,000 a day and I'll come up with an attacking tactic that can penetrate any deeeeeeeeeee-feeeeeense!!

:lol:

K.Kwon
New User

Toifilou Maoulida. I just found out about this player. He's pretty amazing striker from olympique de marseilles. This is number two team in Orange 1 league right now. You guys should keep your eyes on this guy and cheer for the Marseilles to beat Lyons..

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Yeah Marseilles is the team I support in Ligue 1, they have got a lot of very very good players that are underrated or not looked at because Ligue 1 is not as entertaining or skillfull as the other leagues. Watch out for Samir Nasri, I think he has the potential to be the next Zizou. So many good qualities and he was formed at the club. The way he dribbles is like how messi dribbles but he isnt as fast. He just weaves in and out as if he was practicing with cones. Marseilles has a solid team this year.

tomsta911

i think that juninho is underrated
(::)Maestro Tomsta (::)

stevengerrard8

dennis rommedahl- i have watched like 6 games of his, his pace is absolutely amazing, and he deserves more than playing for charlton and people calling him a crappy player

steve-0
Veteran Member

stevengerrard8 wrote:dennis rommedahl- i have watched like 6 games of his, his pace is absolutely amazing, and he deserves more than playing for charlton and people calling him a crappy player
i agree. he is a great player.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

tomsta911 wrote:i think that juninho is underrated
there are a lot of players playing in Ligue 1 that r underated.
Wiltord,Fred,Ribery,Juninho,Kalstrom,Diarra and Malouda r all seriously underated players playing in ligue1.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

overrated: 1. Ronaldhino 2. Beckham 3. Rooney
underrated: 1. Juninho 2. Robinho 3. Ronaldo

messidona

the overrated award has to go to Ronaldinho (especially this year)

Underrated is gonna go to Crespo.

^
Thanx for the sig Solid0Snake

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

messidona wrote:the overrated award has to go to Ronaldinho (especially this year)
He's actually been the most underrated this year than ever.

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

Real_Zidane wrote:
messidona wrote:the overrated award has to go to Ronaldinho (especially this year)
He's actually been the most underrated this year than ever.
That says something about ronaldhino then doesn't it?

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

I don't know why people are hating on Ronaldinho. Maybe he hasn't been as flashy as last season or maybe he isn't always 100%, but that's normal. It is expected to have dips in form. The players are not machines. Even though he has recieved a lot of criticism he saved Barca a lot of times this season. When Eto'o was out there was more pressure on Ronaldinho because somebody had to score those decisive goals. He has scored around 20 goals in la liga give the guy some props.