Overrated/Underrated

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

*~El Maestro~* wrote:I don't know why people are hating on Ronaldinho. Maybe he hasn't been as flashy as last season or maybe he isn't always 100%, but that's normal. It is expected to have dips in form. The players are not machines. Even though he has recieved a lot of criticism he saved Barca a lot of times this season. When Eto'o was out there was more pressure on Ronaldinho because somebody had to score those decisive goals. He has scored around 20 goals in la liga give the guy some props.
I have to agree here. He has 19 goals on the season and hasent been as flashy but there have been some moments of brilliance like the bicycle kick vs Villareal.

E10youngRonaldinho

Underrated - Drogba , Shawn Wright Phillips , Robinho , Kanoute , Riquelme , De La Pena , Deco,, Seedorf

Overrated - C.Ronaldo , good moves , but no production , from them he does to many things to accompish simple passes and crosses , Ballack , the list will grow......
“God gives gifts to everyone, ... Some can write, some can dance. He gave me the skill to play football and I am making the most of it.”

[please use a sig no larger than 500x300]

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Please tell me what happened last season to make Wright Phillips underrated. Score 2 goals?

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

I actually don't think Ballack is overrated. Maybe he is having trouble adjusting with Chelsea but he was great at Bayern Munich. Sean Wright Phillips should move to another club because he is a talented guy.

erick
Veteran Member

overated messi underrated is giovani he has scored 3 times in this preseason

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

E10youngRonaldinho wrote:Underrated - Drogba , Shawn Wright Phillips , Robinho , Kanoute , Riquelme , De La Pena , Deco,, Seedorf

Overrated - C.Ronaldo , good moves , but no production , from them he does to many things to accompish simple passes and crosses , Ballack , the list will grow......
Where's ronaldhino in the overrated list? True he is an extremely skilled player but he is overrated.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

erick wrote:overated messi underrated is giovani he has scored 3 times in this preseason
Giovanni always scores in preseason. Remember that these are sh*t teams, and that so far he only scores vs. the Asian clubs. Messi scores hat-tricks vs. Madrid. There's a huge gulf in class between the two. In fact, I think that Giovanni is very overrated.
God damn brewery!!!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Flyingmoose wrote:
E10youngRonaldinho wrote:Underrated - Drogba , Shawn Wright Phillips , Robinho , Kanoute , Riquelme , De La Pena , Deco,, Seedorf

Where's ronaldhino in the overrated list? True he is an extremely skilled player but he is overrated.
Did you read his username?

Giovanni always scores in preseason. Remember that these are sh*t teams, and that so far he only scores vs. the Asian clubs. Messi scores hat-tricks vs. Madrid. There's a huge gulf in class between the two. In fact, I think that Giovanni is very overrated.
Who's Giovanni? :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Giovanni Dos Santos. Mexican U-20 who plays for Barca. He's supposed to be the next Ronaldinho but he can't break into the first team.
God damn brewery!!!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Ah, totally I know who you're talking about.

He's good, but again, young and who knows how he will grow? Ronaldinho didn't come up to be a star on a big team at such a young age though.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

shahensha
Veteran Member

Thats because Ronaldinho didnt start out in a big club. He was noticed during the world cup 2002 when everyone, including the English team was like "hein?! How he do that?!" :shock:

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Dos Santos is still young and it's not exactly easy to crack a starting line-up in Barca with the Failing Four (I hope) on the field (Ronnie, Messi, Henry, E'too).

-Alexander Ovechkin

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Messi broke into the squad as a youngster two years ago. If you're good enough, you will play.
Last edited by mpcarres14 on 10 Aug 2007, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
God damn brewery!!!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

I was going to say that Messi broke the team early as well. But Messi is better than Dos Santos, for now at least. Messi may (should) become better then Ronaldinho though. Dos Santos might bloom later, he might not do anything, or yeah he might become pretty good. Who knows? He's in a tough spot no matter what, Messi didn't have the same amount of competition for a spot, and last year he cemented his position as a great player.

-Alexander Ovechkin

erick
Veteran Member

giovani in the first team now since he became a spain citizen. Eto is injury prone and gio going to get his chance to play and show his talents