Best and worst managers

Discuss and compare your favorite players
hackr17

Mourinho is a very fine manager. although he's arrogant and stubborn he is honest. you don't want those managers who also say the same cliches. they get really boring.

I don't like Sven Goran and Luis Aragones. i don't think Sven has showed anything good with the English team and Aragones is a racist.

Kick racism out of football
3-17-4

HJK

I love Guus Hiddink, right now he is the coach of PSV eindovhen but more importantly he led South Korea all the way to the world cup semi finals. I will never forget wat he did for my country and also look wat he's doin for PSV, they are first in the eridivse and they are still in the champions league,
PSV play a stylish brand of football with lots of skill , flair and goals

J
Admin

nice post HJK, south korea were a good team in the last world cup. How are they doing in qualifying?

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I like Frank Rijkaard and Otto Rehhagel.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Wenger brings in young talent for not a lot of money and turns them into superstars. Just look at Henry, who Arsenal paid 10.5 million pounds for from Juventus. As soon as he arrived at Arsenal, Wenger transformed him into a forward instead of right midfield, and now he is invaluable to the club.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

I really dont follow that much Eurapean soccer, so i wouldnt know who to critizise, manager wise. Although i wished i had GOAL TV so i could watch all their games.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Riikjard is good also. He transformed Barcelona into the best team in Spain, which made me happy. It was depressing to see Barca slump that far down in the tables a couple of years ago.

T.O.ArsenalChic
Sophomore Member

Wenger for sure. He's shown how much he cares for his players right down to making sure they eat healthy diets! he's also not afraid to trade in his suit for a pair of shorts and get on the pitch with them!

Maradona
Veteran Member

I agree Mourinho is honest, you will never hear him say "I hope we win"
but don't be surprise if he says "WE WILL WIN". He is more direct.
Chelsea never won a trophy since 1992. Mourinho is #1 now.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

Gunner_d14

Mourinho has accomplished alot with Chelsea and Porto and i guess he deserves some recongition but his methods are controversial.

Rikjarrd for my books..he brought out new talent in Marquez..and is winning la liga..not bad at all..
-The Beloved One-

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Of course Mourinho is going to have a winning squad. They have the money to buy anyone they want.

Forgot to mention that Wenger's trophy cabinet is very impressive. He's been at Arsenal for 8 years and has had great success by developing players.

Gunner_d14

he's got prob the best youth system in place for turning out stars
-The Beloved One-

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

mourinho is very serious and straightforward. if ur in his team then u have to give a 100 percent all the time. even when he won the champion's league with porto i didnt see him smile.
wenger is also as good but maybe he's not as strict with his players. they alwyas screw up in the champs league because of one little game.

Magicfeet

I think you are all being too kind to Wenger. True, he has aided some young talented players in becoming superstars (Henry, Vieira) but has also stifled some of Englands best young talent.

I mean, take Jermaine Pennant. Wenger broke the bank to sign him for £2 million when he was 15/16, and 6 years on? He's left for Birmingham, playing whilst wearing an electronic tag - Being on parole.

Matthew Upson, a very talented centre-back was also forced after making few appearances under Wenger.

David Bentley, Richard Wright etc....

And Mourinho is a terrific manager. If you criticise him for having the money to buy whoever he wants, you are missing the point. This guy shifted out players like Veron and Crespo so he could have a small squad, where he could create a tremendous team spirit. He has also placed a huge amount of responsibility on his English player (Lampard, Terry) and they have been tremendous all season.

Mourinho is the best manager in the world at the moment; his arrogance simply makes him all the more entertaining.

Gunner_d14

It's hard to make Arsenal's Squad...very hard
-The Beloved One-