100m sprint ,who is fastest?????

Discuss and compare your favorite players
owensglory

Post by owensglory »

that's maybe a trick to make eriksson select walcott to the finals.but for now,as england squad has not yet been named,i would say that walcott should not and will not be selected.he has not make a debut match for arsenal this season.can he be selected into a squad aiming to win the world cup?
touchshoot

Post by touchshoot »

the point is that Roberto Carlos cannot run the 100m in 9.8 secs. If he could do that he would be in sprinting rather than football.henry would have to be the fastes i doubt whether any player other than henry could get under 10.6 :!:
Makka
New User

Post by Makka »

:shock: freddie ljungberg is faster then Henry at 100m sprinting also a korean player has run the 100m in 10sec. Henry can turn Players faster than others as he has the ability to change pace from fast to slow or then slow back to fat
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Makka wrote::shock: freddie ljungberg is faster then Henry at 100m sprinting also a korean player has run the 100m in 10sec. Henry can turn Players faster than others as he has the ability to change pace from fast to slow or then slow back to fat
haha sorry that just made me laugh

1) Roberto Carlos definatively cannot run 9.8seconds, even in his prime, that was the world record until a little while ago

2) this thread is quite pointless because we wont agree and rarely see players sprinting 100m on a field to base our opinions on. The only way to settle this is through a monitored time trial, which wont happen.

3) For my money it would be Drogba- 100mph onto the turf after a tackle
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`
G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler »

Sorry to bring this old topic up, but you guys know some of you are making ridiculous statements? I do both track and field and soccer...

And theres noway Roberto Carlos runs 9.8 seconds... The WR for 100 meters, is 9.77 shared by two people, Justin Gatlin and Asafa Powell. Now they ran that, with the adrenaline, years of training, right conditions and the genes that naturally are inherited. So R.Carlos running that 1 millisecond slower then them? Not a chance.

Furthermore you will find that the average of top, elite, super, professional 100m runners run it +-10.00 seconds.

+ A-man147, I doubt a body builder is really that fast, a fact you must know is that muscle weighs more then fat, i doubt he wud even come close to running it in 11 secs.

Back on topic: Eto'o seems fast, yet I'll put my money on Walcott.
J
Admin

Post by J »

G-Unit-Freestyler wrote:
+ A-man147, I doubt a body builder is really that fast, a fact you must know is that muscle weighs more then fat, i doubt he wud even come close to running it in 11 secs.
The 100 meter sprinters at the olympics pretty much do look like body buliders.
avyay4barca_911

Post by avyay4barca_911 »

Walcott did it in 11.3 confirmation and the fastest player is Dennis Romedahll at 10.3 secs. and stop bullshiting bout Carlos and im sure about what i've said.
JDTRIXTA

Post by JDTRIXTA »

Speed and Acceleration are 2 completely differnt things. you might be able to run the 100m the fastest but u might not have the fastes acceleration which is much more important in a football match as you never have to sprint 100m to get the ball.
noah
Sophomore Member

Post by noah »

i don't know about 9.8 but don't let his stocky build decieve you.. roberto carlos has explosive speed and as far as fastest players.. the difference between #1 and #5 in the world of soccer is probably like 0.x seconds maybe like Henry, Martins, Odonkor for Germany?
think two passes ahead.
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

Wow, I think some of these statements are the worst I've heard in a long while. First, let me just say that Roberto Carlos certainly CAN NOT run 100m in 9.8secs. Secondly, Roberto Carlos is deceivingly quick. I once saw him start 10m behind another player, and ended up running him down, tackling him, and leaving him sitting on his butt. So yeah, he's fast but he is NOT challenging Mr. Powell and Mr. Gatlin. Lol
Madridista
New User

Post by Madridista »

dunno about the fastest player but u can be sure about one thing:

1. roberto carlos does not run 9.8 to 100 meters. if he would he wouldent be playing soccer, and in the age of 34? comeon. above all, Ronaldo is the fastest player in the brazilian team i dunno about the specific results for 100 meter and 40 meter but hes the fastest in both ranges.

Ronaldo is maybe a bit fat right now and was at the world cup because he didnt practiced for 3 months because of the injury and basically missed half of the latest season. when he is on his top form, weight 80+- i think he is the fastest player in the world.

his acceleration is simply stunning u can see a proof for that in the goal vs barcelona this season and he wasnt even close to his top form back this game.

When thinking about the fastest player in the world i can think of 3 players which are:

1. Ronaldo
2. Henry
3. Martinz

and it actually dosent even matter whos faster because they can outrun any defender especialy ronaldo and henry cuz martinz aint that good with the ball at his feet.
*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* »

when he is on his top form, weight 80+- i think he is the fastest player in the world.
During the first game of the world cup he was 94 kilos i think. not sure
thierryhenry14

Post by thierryhenry14 »

seeing roberto carlos, he looks like he has put on some weight making him a tad bit slow henry i think is one of the fastest 9.8 is Olympic timing the record is 9.7
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)

Sometimes in football you just have to score goals -Thierry Henry-
Peter
New User

Post by Peter »

A-man147 wrote:
I read a book, and they said a professional body builder (cant remember his name) run 100m in 10.3 sec...
so it doesnt really matter on size, those bodybulders are "chubby" but they are powerful and explosive....also I'd say Henry is fastest with the ball and without I think its Cisse or Martins.
I think this professional bodybuilder was kevin levrone...There´s some video showing him and dwaine chambers in a 60m race:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYX2EWK4 ... ch=levrone

Nevertheless, not bad for a guy who weigths about 120 kg...
Madridista
New User

Post by Madridista »

*~El Maestro~* wrote:
when he is on his top form, weight 80+- i think he is the fastest player in the world.
During the first game of the world cup he was 94 kilos i think. not sure
it was bulls**t.

he was something about 85-90 kilos i saw him at 2003/2004 season in real madrid his weight back then was 90 kilos at most parts of the season ( which is fat, ofcouse ) and he undoubtly looked thiner in the world cup games, altough still above his optimal weight.

94 kilos and he wouldent be able to lift his leg to hit the ball not mentioning sprinting and outruning defenders.