who is the biggest young talent in world football today?

Discuss and compare your favorite players
mr_dude

-Mario Balotelli, already good enough to be one of the best in the world, he's not there yet because of his attitude, but he definitely has the ability.
-Aguero.
-Higuain.
-Philippe Coutinho will be at that stage. He still plays in Brazil's second division with Vasco da Gama, and he's 18, he'll be moving to Italy within the next few years to play for Inter. I say within 5 years he'll be top class. He's an attacking midfielder, he can dribble, he can pass, he can shoot. He's known as the new Kaka. Still not good enough to play for a top team, but he's someone to watch out for in the future. All Inter fans are anxiously waiting for him. Here is a video.
-Javier Pastore, plays for Palermo, also attacking midfielder, has a bit of a showboating issue, but he is really good. Quick feet, good passer, unpredictable, but knows when to play the simple pass. I believe he's 20 now. Pastore
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

fawad000

I am not sure if you guys have heard about Romelu Lukaku.He broke into Anderlecht team this season and became their top scorer and help them win Belgian league.He's 6' 3 1/2 and he is just 16.He scored in Europa league as well against big teams like Ajax,hsv e.t.c.He is quite strong and looks a real hot prospect for the future.His playing style is very similar to that of Drogba except that he is younger and faster than him.

Anymi
Veteran Member

yeah Lukaku is a monster...literally, he will be brilliant. He looks about 40 and did you see his bicycle?

Balotelli is good to, James Mcartney of wigan

mrbeankid22

I remember seeing Coutinho when he was 15 or 16 playing for Brazil U17's against USA U17's and although the level of play was not of a full fledged professional level, he looked very promising and very special.

Neymar from Santos is one to watch. He only just turned 18 and he has been scoring goals left and right for Santos, and with the games I've been watching he is outshining Robinho. He scored in the brace of the Paulistao final against Santo Andre just last weekend.

He has tons of skill, though he seems to be one who likes to take dives. If he can sort that out of his game before he goes to Europe, he will be the next big superstar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OjFR296 ... re=related

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

mrbeankid22 wrote:I remember seeing Coutinho when he was 15 or 16 playing for Brazil U17's against USA U17's and although the level of play was not of a full fledged professional level, he looked very promising and very special.

Neymar from Santos is one to watch. He only just turned 18 and he has been scoring goals left and right for Santos, and with the games I've been watching he is outshining Robinho. He scored in the brace of the Paulistao final against Santo Andre just last weekend.

He has tons of skill, though he seems to be one who likes to take dives. If he can sort that out of his game before he goes to Europe, he will be the next big superstar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OjFR296 ... re=related
If you didn't already know, Coutinho is contracted to join Inter upon his 18th birthday. He has already been featured in one of Nike's Elite soccer training videos.

a_twig

Dan Gosling might not be the best in the world as young talents go, but he deserves mention here.

soccer11
Admin

I think if he straightens out his attitude, Mario Ballotelli can become one of the best players in the world. So much talent. His future is away from Inter though I feel.

Juice

Gael Kakuta, Lukaku, Muniain, Jonathan Dos Santos, Jacopo Sala, Willshere...I can guarantee that they will become star players if they keep going like they do :)

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

udinese20

Lukaku, Wilshere, Sakho and Neymar.

2brown347
Veteran Member

I've never heard of him before tonight but the Timbers are playing Boca and they have a 20 year old named Nicolás Blandi who just scored a really nice goal. Barelly went in but it was a nice goal non the less.

2brown347
Veteran Member

I know double post but I don't care.

I'm not sure how many of you remember this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTFK7GNz ... re=related
But I guess this is the kid now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqdBXqF4 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWf28vVo ... re=related(skip to like 35 sec in)

kingpro
New User

Lionel Messi is probably the best player in the world right now, in my opinion, and even if you feel there is someone better, there's no arguing that Messi is one of the top talents in the world. However, there is also some debate whether Messi can surpass Diego Armando Maradona as the top Argentine player ever. It's easy, years removed from Maradona's feats, to forget just how memorable they are and to be enamored with Messi but any conversation about Messi becoming the best ever has to include Maradona, and I don't feel Messi can achieve what Maradona did, no matter how many hat tricks he gets.

ImpossibleIsNothing6

mikaldinho wrote:who is the biggest young talent in world football today?

i think messi as he could be almost impossible to defend against 1 day

:D :D :D
We heard it from you first! look at him now :)

well, right now.... Ninis could florish, but not to star quality IMO.

wotson
New User

I think Cristiano Ronaldo. He is very energy full player. Sometimes I really amazed with his ball controlling. He is the best young football player in the world.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

wotson wrote:I think Cristiano Ronaldo. He is very energy full player. Sometimes I really amazed with his ball controlling. He is the best young football player in the world.
I don't think there's many who would count him as a 'young' player anymore, although he's by no stretch of the imagination "old".