Di Canio the fascist.

Discuss and compare your favorite players
jdefoe
Forum groupie

Hey posters, what did you think about Di Canio's fascist gesture vs Rome toward the Lazio fans? Do you really think he tried to salute Mussolini because Lazio was his club?

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i'm not sure what his intent was. i think it was stupid that he got a fine though, or whatever happened
Hala Galacticos

jdefoe
Forum groupie

expert, did you see this incident?

Maradona
Veteran Member

I didn't see the incident, when did it happen?
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

expert
Site Admin

No, I wasn't aware of that. I think the league is worried because this was a gesture which could have provoked a violent reaction from the crowd. It's kind of weird because most of the time, the crowd is trying to provoke and intimidate players from the enemy team. If one of them reacts negatively, he would be fined.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

well, he saluted the Lazio fans, which is his club, and Mussolini's old club. So, i'd say the Lazio fans probably appreciated it.

expert
Site Admin

Neo-Nazism and football hooliganism are closely tied together so he's presumably encouraging violence (between opposing supporters). That's what the league's concern probably is.

Maradona
Veteran Member

I don't think he deserves to be fined, this gesture wasn't intentional. Di Canio isn't dumb, he knows that if it was on purpase there would have big controversy.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

It looked like he meant it, I dunno, he may have wanted to attract people's attention so people would watch his game and hopefully he would be called up for Italy's team. That's just a MAYBE.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

well he should be getting called up anyway. he doesn't need fascism to help him get on squadra azzurra, he's good enough
Hala Galacticos

hackr17

yeh neo-nazism and football are interrelated in some aspects. Look at real madrid fans in spain. a lot of them have banners supporting neo-nazism
3-17-4

cHaVa
Veteran Member

yeah i dont see anything wrong with that, its a stupid reason to get a fine.