are international players paid?

Discuss and compare your favorite players
owensglory

players paid when they play for their their country?i think it's not,but i'm not sure.

in addition,do international manger/coaches paid when they are not playing(not matches for country)are they paid every week like club manager eventhough they dont play(players play in league)?

ratherton
Veteran Member

Not sure how it works now but I think the England squad get paid for playing and for TV interviews and stuff like that. They pool all the income together and divide it up between all the players in the squad.

I don't believe its right to pay players to play for their country

peps1154
Veteran Member

I know for a fact that players get paid if they win something or qualifie to a tournament... its called a bonus i belive.I m not sure about the other question.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i agree with ratherton. they shouldn't pay players to play for their country. if players want paid for international games, then they're playing for the wrong reason. i'm not against bonuses if they win a major tournament, but being paid outright would be ridiculous
Hala Galacticos

mikaldinho

i am fairly sure that england players dont get paid for actually playing international matches, as there was an argument about it a few years a go.... i think :?
im not sure about bonuses etc.

hustler89
Veteran Member

If England win the World Cup, the players will almost certainly get bonuses either £200,000 each or altogether (cant remember), according to The Sun!
But I am not sure whether I should velieve a tabloid newspaper!

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

most teams get money from tournaments which they divide between themselves. Its like the champions get 1million the runner ups get 800000 the 3rd place get 500000 etc. even the teams who get eliminated from the group stages get cash.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

That donst make much sense to be paid after representing your country. I think it would be best if any money were given to the winning country(in any competition) than it should be filtered back into that countries football program and not to the players.
sig by 2brown347

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

they will get "expenses" paid for so im sure they will come out better off after any game

thisisdard
Veteran Member

From what I know, (I think) they are paid, not exactly to make them "want" to play for their country, but it is usually a "fee" that they are given as a form of payment for services done for their country in a somewhat similar way as to how a country's military pays its soldiers for taking part in campaigns, training, or serving the nation.

Of course the fee is probably much lower than a regular A - class club team salary since a service to the country isn't exactly a business.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

i always thought that when a country wins a prize money from a tournament it goes to the association like in some club competitions where if they win they get money for the expansion of the club, the players get enough from their clubs anyway so they wouldnt need to get paid for international

c_ronaldo7
Sophomore Member

the players should want to represent their country cash or no cash

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

c_ronaldo7 wrote:the players should want to represent their country cash or no cash
Yeah, but unfortunatly their are football players that are pricks and would rather get a pay check then have in any pride in representing their country...
sig by 2brown347

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Yeah it should be considered a great honor to be able to represent your country. Its very arrogant of someone to expect pay for the honor of playing for his own country.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Apparently so, at least, in these upcoming cases.

SI: UEFA, FIFA to dish over 252 mill. to players in the next two European Championships, and the 2010 World Cup.

http://tinyurl.com/24hple