no
8%
unsure
5%
unsure
5%

Total votes: 140

rp

Why is he over-rated? his passing his amazing is shooting is amazing and thats what u get when u sign beckham. Saying he cant beat players neither can figo anymore .

Chiaro10
New User

i like beckham but he is definetly not a worlds best
you cannot compare him to baggio, maradona,pele, or any of those great names

rp

i agree

soccer11
Admin

I belive beckham is overrated a little bit, but you can't overlook what he can do. No one takes free kicks better than him. he's a great passer, which i think his passing is very underrated. In my mind, he's one of the best passers in the game. Just think about that for a while.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

i dont think he's over rated, he's a good player. just too advertised!

Maradona
Veteran Member

He's overrated, look back at the Euro's, he missed two penalties !
Hes good at free kicks though. He became popular for his looks.
Since he came to Real Madrid he played crappy. Becks was awesome when he used to play for Man U
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

rp

past couple of months hes been the best player 4 madrid.

coop8

roberto carlos and Totti and Zidane and Mihajlovic are all bette at free kicks than beckem.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

ha, i agree. them and a million others
Hala Galacticos

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Marcos Assuncao is better than Beckham, that's 100%, Beckham has great passing and that's what makes him good, he doesn't deserve all that money, I rather pay that money for a young talent like Robinho.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

robinho should come to madrid. they need someone who doesn't just fool around with the ball. then again, so does manchester united. beckham's staying though. in la liga, at least. he said he wants to stay in spain lon enough for his wife to have their baby, so his next child could play for either england or spain when they're older.
Hala Galacticos

Sokrfreak515

[quote="madridfc"]yeah, he's real hot :D[/quote]

haha thats for sure!!!!! :P but yes sadly i do think he is overrated... hes a good player but i mean he had a movie named after him (bend it like Beckham) and the only about him in it was that the girl adored him and she saw him in an airport come on...
"You can't just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again." Mia Hamm

dooglas
Veteran Member

maradona has a church...

anyway, beckham is good, but you just see too much of him, which doesnt make him overrated, just overpublicized, and he might make a return to England, cuz of spanish reporters
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

T.O.ArsenalChic
Sophomore Member

I agree that Beckham is over rated but he is a good player who has his good days and bad days just like everyone else. It's just unfortunate that he has been turned into a "brand" name of sorts. As for being married to Posh, I think she's too much of a distraction - too high maintenance - when he could be concentrating more on the sport.

Just my 2 cents....

tomboi362
New User

i think he gets WAY to much cerdit for playing soccer when a lot of others are a WHOLE lot better then them