8%
unsure
5%
unsure
5%

Total votes: 140

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Beckham is a deadly freekick taker, an excellent crosser of the ball, but is in my opinion the most over-rated player in soccer. He is not fast, has trouble defending, is tall- but still loses aerial battles, and is not the most creative dribbler. I think the reason for his popularity is due to his marriage with Posh Spice.

What do you guys think?

ebony

i definetely do no think beckham is over rated. i have watched him played in champions league games this year and he is an excellent and creative passer as well with what else you have mentioned. I dont think he would be starting for real madrid if he could not hold his own with the team. he was also trained at one of the best accademies in the world.

Mike

I agree with you guys. I have only been watching him consistently when he signed with Real Madrid so I don't know if he was better when with Manchester United. Although he has one of the best freekicks in the world right now, he does not live up to his rep.

Mike

johnny114life

beckham is way overly rated i think he got the award best player espy last year over ronaldo,fuigo and more

:mrgreen:

J

THE ESPY IS AN AMERICAN AWARD, THAT SAYS IT ALL

expert
Site Admin

He is a good player, no doubt about it. But he gets way more attention for his "looks" rather than his skills

madridfc
Veteran Member

yeah, he's real hot :D

Star

In my opinion, he just cant beat a fullback, and he's a WINGER!!! He cant win balls in the air, all he can do is pass the ball and take a freekick...

OVER-OVER Rated

TAILFISH
New User

hello, is anyone there

Mobes
New User

No kidding, he has alot on his name, but he can still make plays happen.
And as far as his free kicks go, the PK he had against France in the EuroCup was denied by Barthez. He is pretty good at free kicks but he is not invincible. :wink:

madridfc
Veteran Member

well yeah, hes great at free kicks except pks. there hes obviously got some problems
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

good player,but more a marketing person

jdefoe
Forum groupie

exactly, overrated

Earnie
Sophomore Member

Overrated enough said. Really for me hes an average player in a superstars body if he didnt have his look and marketing prospects he wouldnt be were he is today. (not just bitter cos he scored against Wales, i didnt rate him before that anyway)
Nets stretch and stadiums smile.

J
Admin

So you think Real Madrid has him starting because of his looks?? And same for when he was starting for Manchester United???I dont know about that.