Ronaldo

Discuss and compare your favorite players
peps1154
Veteran Member

Ronaldo

Post by peps1154 » 09 Mar 2006, 01:47

Ok I have a question whats up with Ronaldo being in the Brazilian national team. Yeah yeah yeah I know u will say that he used to be the best, but thats history, I think he only gets called up because of his status as a legend because if he was not Ronaldo I doubt that he would play for Brazil and Real. I mean honestly even a blind man could see that he is a fat ass with apsolutly no speed who trys and still pulls of some trix before giving the ball away. Its crazy because he is now below average in pro terms in my opinion. Before you start attacking me and defending him think about when was the last time u saw Real i see them each game and he always proves my point. As Carlos Tevez says: "its better to retire early so that people can remind u how good u were then to retire late and have people ask you what happpened".

lil italy
Veteran Member

Post by lil italy » 09 Mar 2006, 07:13

I think youre being a lil harsh on the guy. He was out injured for quite a while, but came back strong and hard. He is one of the brazilian legends, and still posesses the ability to score and play good.
No, hes not as good as he used to be, but that doesnt mean hes not good.

Ronnie9

Post by Ronnie9 » 09 Mar 2006, 09:14

What I think is Ronaldo still got it, maybe he lacks fitness and florentino perez ruined hhis attitude in real.. he wasn't training as he was supposed to as perez always saved him a role in the team even when he aint performing. seen real v arsenal yesterday? that was the first time for me in a long time to see ronaldo goin back and defending and that maybe cos he felt he needed to do it since perez is gone.. anyway, for brasil he performes alot better everytime he plays.. maybe coupla months of hard work training would save ronnie's ass..

Gleb12
Sophomore Member

Post by Gleb12 » 09 Mar 2006, 18:58

WTF???
ok, FYI, he has 10 goals in the SPL and is Madrids top scorer and hes been injured most of the time.
Also, if you look carefully, he scores plenty of goals for Brazil, and is an importent member of the squad.
The only problem he has is fitness and attitude problems, once he gets rid of those, he'll be one of the best again.

Ronaldinho Gaucho

Post by Ronaldinho Gaucho » 09 Mar 2006, 19:17

The only problem he has is fitness and attitude problems, once he gets rid of those, he'll be one of the best again.
how long do you think he's got? He's 29, this will probably be his last world cup which starts in 3 months. His side is out of europe and pretty much out of La Liga. I doubt he will ever be as good as he once was as he will probably continue to get less and less fit.

Duffo

Post by Duffo » 09 Mar 2006, 19:45

LMAO peps i agree with you completely. I used to think he was the best player in the world when he was at inter but now when i watch him i just feel sorry for the little fatty. Im not saying he hasnt got skill but he has the pace of a slug. HE IS A LEGEND! but he shudnt be in the brazilian team.

just think if you have never seen ronaldo before and you watch him for the 1st time i guarentee you wud think that guy sux!

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 09 Mar 2006, 20:59

I agree, he needs to rapidly improve his form and his fitness if he is to make it in the Brazil team. There is good competition for spaces there with Adriano, Robinho, Baptista and Fred all going for the striker's role as well. Plus you could use Ronaldinho or Kaka as strikers if you need to, although they are better as playmakers. Ronaldo was very inneffective against Arsenal and it is very sad to see such a great player decline so quickly.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 09 Mar 2006, 22:21

ronaldo isn't what he used to be, but what you're saying is just plain offensive. he's one of the best finishers in the world, when he's on form. inconsistency is his main problem, not being fat or slow.
Hala Galacticos

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 10 Mar 2006, 01:13

I dont know about u guys but If I was the brazilian coach I would take Ewerthon from Zaragoza any day over Ronaldo.

englishplayer

Post by englishplayer » 11 Mar 2006, 00:01

maybe he isnt what he used to be but he scored twice in the Brazil vs Germany

refused_743
New User

Post by refused_743 » 11 Mar 2006, 22:47

ronaldo on his day, apart from ronaldinho and henry, is the best in the world.
his pace and finishing are known to be lethal. his determination when he has the ball on his feet is second to none.
yes, ok. he has personal, fitness, and what not problems... and true, brazil has a wealth of options at the front. but he is still the most experienced striker brazil has. kaka, ronaldinho, adriano, robinho, baptista are still rookies in that sense. believe it or not this year it will be ronaldo's fourth time with the brazilian squad at a world cup.
i see no reason for him not to be at the world cup wearing the verdeamarelha

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 12 Mar 2006, 01:16

Once again in the game against Valencia Ronaldo proved my point by missing a penalty after using his hand to control the ball.

ronaldinho91

Post by ronaldinho91 » 13 Mar 2006, 14:45

doesn't any1 tink dat ronaldo is just surviving on his old reputation cos there are so many talented brazilian striker out there who r way better than him

ShevaSpeed
New User

Post by ShevaSpeed » 10 Apr 2006, 01:30

Simply put, Ronaldo is amazing. Right now, after his knee surgery and all the crap he's been through, he is still one of the top strikers in the world.

When Ronaldo was in "top" form, he was the best striker in the world; he could beat any defender or keeper with his strength and absolute sick acceleration.

The high demands of professional soccer have taken a great toll on his body, with surgery on his knee and whatnot, but to survive this long in the top leagues of the world, and still be one of the top goal scorers, is simply amazing, part freakish.

Where are any of you getting that Ronaldo is fat? I have a friend who's Brazillian, went to Brazil some time ago to see them play; he said that when Ronaldo took off his shirt, he had the most ripped abs ever. He is a muscle machine, a 'fast' muscle machine at that. He would not be starting over so many great forwards if he were not fit. As a professional, you have to be in the best shape of your life, all the time.

After this World Cup 2006, Ronaldo will surely soon retire, as he has mentioned; up until then though, he definitely deserves a starting spot over Robinho, Adriano; not to say that these aren't good players, they are definitely quality rising talent. However, they just don't have that striker's instinct that Ronaldo does, who can change a whole game in a matter of seconds.

If you don't believe me, watch him in this World Cup. I can almost guarantee that he will be the front runner in Brazil's powerful run to win it all. 8)
Play with your heart.

milanese
Veteran Member

Post by milanese » 10 Apr 2006, 05:15

ShevaSpeed wrote:Simply put, Ronaldo is amazing. Right now, after his knee surgery and all the crap he's been through, he is still one of the top strikers in the world.

When Ronaldo was in "top" form, he was the best striker in the world; he could beat any defender or keeper with his strength and absolute sick acceleration.

The high demands of professional soccer have taken a great toll on his body, with surgery on his knee and whatnot, but to survive this long in the top leagues of the world, and still be one of the top goal scorers, is simply amazing, part freakish.

Where are any of you getting that Ronaldo is fat? I have a friend who's Brazillian, went to Brazil some time ago to see them play; he said that when Ronaldo took off his shirt, he had the most ripped abs ever. He is a muscle machine, a 'fast' muscle machine at that. He would not be starting over so many great forwards if he were not fit. As a professional, you have to be in the best shape of your life, all the time.

After this World Cup 2006, Ronaldo will surely soon retire, as he has mentioned; up until then though, he definitely deserves a starting spot over Robinho, Adriano; not to say that these aren't good players, they are definitely quality rising talent. However, they just don't have that striker's instinct that Ronaldo does, who can change a whole game in a matter of seconds.

If you don't believe me, watch him in this World Cup. I can almost guarantee that he will be the front runner in Brazil's powerful run to win it all. 8)
Right now he isn't really one of the world's top strikers. There's several guys that are obviously better then him at the moment.

Some time ago he was in shape and one of or the best player in the world, and one of the best ever. Now he's out of shape(still in good shape compared to the average person), lacks motivation and we'll see if he'll get it back for Brazil. I think he might, but he's not going to be the player we saw 4 or 8 years ago.

As bad as Adriano's form has been lately, he's a better striker then Ronaldo right now. I'm sure he'll beat out Robinho. Either by playing better or being the man they favor. I'd like to see them both get playing time.

That strikers instinct is what he doesn't seem to have anymore, but I really think if he's motivated he will be one of the best strikers in the WC06. Not the top goal scorer, or even the best player on his team, but a contributer who is a part of Brazil's success. That being said, it's Italy's year IMO.