Freddy Adu, future superstar or marketing puppet?

Discuss and compare your favorite players

Is Freddy Adu worth all the hype?

Yes, but he's still too young
12%
Yes, but he's still too young
12%
He is good, but not will never be great
8%
He is good, but not will never be great
8%
No, he's just overrated
12%
No, he's just overrated
12%
It's too early to tell
18%
It's too early to tell
18%

Total votes: 100

ive never seen him play. will he come to europe?? Whats his game like?

rp

the above was me

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

i have no idea if he wil come to europe, but if he does, he has a better chance of goin somewhere w/ his career.....

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

he definitely needs to get to some type of better club. dc united are alright, but i think he'll be in germany or italy before he's 20.
Hala Galacticos

bob

nar i dont think hes that gd hes 16 next month, look at rooney wen he was 16 started in the premiership a league 100x harder the mls or whatever its called, scored a goal against one of the topsides in europe well world cos their isnt a gd side outside europe and is a startin regular at the biggest club in the world at note i said biggest not best before any1 starts faffin on even tho i believe they are can you see him playin at a club like that in 2-3 years week in week out cos i cant, i also cant stop believing that he aint hes actually age nd hes bout 20 odd by now and is just americas way of tryin t get footie big there cos theyve seen the money t be made, and his 'mother' wont let him move t europe cos he will need proba test t be carried out lolol anyway thats just my opinion

cHaVa
Veteran Member

i personally think he play good, i mean for a teenager thats pretty good! but there is also a pretty good catch that he is being marketed as that. but if he dosent get big headed i'm sure he would do fine.

rp

i heard that sir alex wanted to bring him to manchester united one day.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

WELL IF HE GOES TO MANCHESTER IT WONT BE A BIG DEAL, SINCE MOST OF THE MLS PLAYERS GO TO ENGLAND.

Maradona
Veteran Member

Landon Donovan is in Bayern Leverkusen now. Good for him.
In Adu's case he would fit in Man Utd. but won't make a BIG impact.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

true!

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

It is still way too early to tell whether Adu will be a star or not. He has great technique, but that's not all in soccer. People need to give him time to mature fully physically and adapt to playing with men while he is only 15. Give him time, and he could easily be the best US player yet.
God damn brewery!!!

ManchesterUnitedrocks
New User

I saw him at a revs game and he does the same move all the time. I think he is a boy playing in a man's game and needs more time to develop phisically. If i was in his shoes I would of gone to Europe just to learn and mature.
'Sometimes in football you have to score goals.' - Thierry Henry

J
Admin

mpcarres14 wrote:It is still way too early to tell whether Adu will be a star or not. He has great technique, but that's not all in soccer. People need to give him time to mature fully physically and adapt to playing with men while he is only 15. Give him time, and he could easily be the best US player yet.
i agree, he is very very quick though. I also saw him at a Revolution game in person and he definetely desrerves to be where he is right now.

ManchesterUnitedrocks
New User

But did u see how he gets owned by the older guys who push him around. I argee though that he is extremely talented for his age ( :wink: if he is the age he says :wink:)
'Sometimes in football you have to score goals.' - Thierry Henry

soccerfreak14
Sophomore Member

Adu is really good but i think people make too much of a big deal about him. He makes stuff happen on the field but it's not like he does it all the time like ronaldo and some of the other proffessional players.