13%
Franz Beckenbauer
2%
Lev Yashin
No votes

Total votes: 85

jdefoe
Forum groupie

what player do you think is the best ever?

KAkA
Sophomore Member

Umm Rocky Balboa...

No its Maradona for sure!! That man is larger then life literally!! :lol:
BRING BACK THE BIFF!

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Johan Cruyff, he is amazing, the Cruyff turn, sure brilliance.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i almost said cruyff, but i went with pele at the last second. cruyff invented the cruyff turn, but for every move he made up, pele made three. he's the best, period. anyone who says otherwise has either never seen him play, or doesn't know what makes a great player. i think maradona is overrated

Maradona
Veteran Member

Maradona aint overrated the only thing that destroyed his good reputation is his Dope and Beer addiction.

Look at him he's A BIT better dribbler then Pele

The bad thing about Maradona when he played was his SELFISH style, he would almost never pass to his teammates. Back in WC 86' he dribbled da ball from midfield and scored. It was named "The Goal of The Century" if im right.

But I can't stop u, it's whatever u like...but he's not overrated.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

there's no way he's better than pele. at best, he's almost as good.

Maradona
Veteran Member

Ok different opinions...I accept dat

Pele is good I admit but really its hard to compare both of 'em
This question aint new it has been asked b4 and no1 could really clear things up. Pele scored more than 1000 goals during his career.
I respect him but for me he comes 2nd after Maradona fa sho'
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

it's not going to be solved by arguing, so i'll agree, they're both the top 2 players of all time, no matter which order you put them in
Hala Galacticos

edma
Sophomore Member

i vote pele coz he is good and flexible player.he have everything need on play football.that my opinion..tq
i want to improve my football skill from dribling to shooting.plz help me...

rp

maradona is a cheat

jdefoe
Forum groupie

I'd have to say Pele. Combine Thierry Henry's dribbling, Michael Owen's speed, Steven Gerrards passing, and Fernando Moriente's heading, Ronaldo's goalscoring and you will get a player half as good as Pele :lol:

Maradona was quite stellar as well, but, he more than likely used drugs to enhance his performance on the pitch.

Lopez

i downloaded a video from maradona and have to vote for him. he was and maybe is the master of a ball. he was so much in front of all the other players around the world.
"There're always people who tell you that you won't make it. That's really hard. But something in me said that i'm gonna make it. It was a dream i had to fulfill." - Kaká

Maradona
Veteran Member

Maradona actually didnt use drugs for performance it was just an addiction,
he wasnt using steroids but marijuana and it doesnt improve ur performance. He came from da streets and he was addicted to dope dats all.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Maradona wrote:Maradona actually didnt use drugs for performance it was just an addiction,
he wasnt using steroids but marijuana and it doesnt improve ur performance. He came from da streets and he was addicted to dope dats all.
actually, maradona i believe is a coke addict. Cocaine is a stimulant, which definitely could have increased his performance.

KAkA
Sophomore Member

rp wrote:maradona is a cheat
:shock: :?

He was suspended for using a banned substance called ephedrine. Ephedrine in combination with caffeine has been shown to promote fat loss, and muscle gain. So yes it is considered performance enhancing.

Now, yes he was a cheat in that sense and at that particular time rp, however! It is not fair for you to label and dissmiss him as such, he came from a poor background and achieved greatness through constant hard work. He is one of the greatest soccer players to ever walk the earth. Your comment simply shows your lack of understanding for the game, keep your negative comments to your self bud. If your going to type negative dumb comments around the forum, dont type anything at all man.
BRING BACK THE BIFF!