Best Free Kick Taker of All Time

Discuss and compare your favorite players
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i think there was a topic like this a long time ago, but it kind of died away. it was sort of coming back in a beckham thread, so i figured i'd make a new one. anyway, for me it's got to be platini. one of france's finest. up there with cruyff in the "best players not to win a world cup" list.
Hala Galacticos

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Mihajlovic and Yildirim
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

peps1154
Veteran Member

Well as I said I think Juninho is the best because every time I see him take a freekick he seems to put it home. Requelme and Beckham are also very good free kick takers.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Beckham definetly, but i also like Zidane. I remember his game winning free kick against england in euro 2004

prof_raza

barca v/s sampadoria
last minute
scores are even
barce wins a free kick
ronald koeman lines up the ball preparing to take the free kick
as soon as the sampadoria manager sees koeman lining up the ball, he holds his head in dispair and does nt look at the match
nuff said.
ronald koeman rules

lil italy
Veteran Member

roberto carlos did a mad one for brasil against france.
1/4 of field away from goals- leftfoot outside of foot curl. off the right post and in!! a masterpiece

prof_raza

yea i remember that one
though it was a one off thing
have nt seen him repeat anything similar to tht
koeman scored goals from free kicks in every imaginable and unimaginable position
i remember seeing him score for holland from a free kick just a little ahead of the half line, that too from the side. he was simply amazin
trying to, but cant get any clips of his kicks. :(

ezza_44

I think it would be juninho..he seems to get it in most of the time...if not at least on target..:)

jonny55

yeah juninho is the best. i don't know players from the past but i would say he's better than the other candidates like beckham, r. carlos and yes ronaldinho is a player who's very good at every situation...

but juninho makes the greatest ones!

upandcoming

I say Juninho but not far behind Becks, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos in his prime and Zidane

milanese
Veteran Member

I haven't seen alot of FK's from older players, so I won't even try with them. Juninho is the best of this generation.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Yeah Juninho is a good free kick taker,depite the fact the ball dosent always hit the back of the net, he always shoots on target.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Gianfrano Zola had a kick:goal ratio of about 3:1 when he played in Italy

RedStar

how come no one mentioned ronaldinho?
i think he is the best free kicker rite now
his free kicks are all amazing, almost always on target anyways i just couldnt believe nobody mentioned him
peace guys
Chinese blood, Brazilian heart

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i'm pretty sure people have mentioned him. in fact, i'm reading his name right now. and this thread is the best free kick taker of all time. you honestly think ronaldinho is better than juninho, platini, rivelino, beckham, and all the rest? he's not even the best of his time, so i'm going to disagree.
Hala Galacticos