Who Was The Best????

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Ronnie9

to me Maradona was the best of that list..

Wiseman_philosopher

cfrealmadrid wrote:
Wiseman_philosopher wrote:where's the late george best?
rolling over in his grave, most likely
How dare you say that?!?! Have you no respect :x :x
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

A-man147

Where's George Best???

milanese
Veteran Member

upandcoming wrote:
cfrealmadrid wrote:
R9KEvinR9 wrote:Man i cant believe iam the only Maradona Fan here in my opinion he was the best.
the main thing that seperates him from pele is his headers. pele would have beaten shilton with HIS HEAD. maradona had to use his hand. there are plenty of other examples, that was just a famous one.

I am a Maradona fan to he was just such a brilliant footballer and yes he used his hand once but his heading abillity is better then Pelle's haven't you seen clips of his headers and you can't forget his head tennis
Pele was better with his head. Maradona was too short to do it anyway. :lol:

My favorite is Cruyff, revolutionalized the game with total football. The best is Pele, what seperates him from Maradona is mainly his two-footed ness. Maybe you could say something like chest control, but that's not as important.

lil italy
Veteran Member

maradona is a steroid loving cheater.
cruyff & pele are wwithout a doubt the best on the list. They both changed the game as we knew it.

aussie ronnie
Sophomore Member

GARRINCHA
The World Game

hustler89
Veteran Member

A-man147 wrote:Where's George Best???
Wow, news really does not travel too fast to Canada. :)

George Best died in 2005, an infection caused him to fall into a coma. His final days were watched over by his father and other family members, and also by former football colleagues such as United's Denis Law. He died at the age of 59.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

1. Geroge Best- He changed football forever people talk about how Pele did but even Pele has said many times that George Best is the Best footballer there ever was. He not only could use both feet but could play just about any postion I've seen vids of old games where he was a RB,LB,RWM,LWM,LCM,RCM,LF & RF now how many players do you know that can play all those postions ? and are damn good at them too?

2. Pele- He has done a lot for the game like help it's popularity grow here in the states (something I am forever greatful for). Not to mention his skill man if you watch some of his old clips you would think that he could be on the Brazil squad right now !

3. Hugo Shanchez- A Mexican born player that started his career at U.N.A.M (a.k.a PUMAS) who than made his way to Real Madrid and still to this day is one of their heros he practilly made the over-head kick lol.

4. John Cruyff- So much has been said about him (like Pele so that's why I kept Pele's short and I'm just gonna name Cruyff)

These i.m.o are the best study them and learn from their style of play and you'll see football in a whole other light
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

lil italy
Veteran Member

Maradonna was a good player. He was one of the best. He freestyled, and this is why i like him. But that handball goal and the drug stuff just makes him the biggest loser.

Pele and Cruyff were the 2 players that helped change the game to how it is now - more skillfull. The Cruyff turn is an absolute classic, a masterpiece, and i really wish i could thank him personally for it. Both of them drew in full crowds by themselves, that just shows what entertaining and skillful players they are

I also like Gionfranco Zola, but hes not that ancient.

milanese
Veteran Member

Shout out for Di Stefano, Eusebio, Puskas and Baresi.

Too young to really see any of them play much (especially when they're barely any clips), but legends live on.

CamoCSKA
New User

Marco Van Basten
Bobby Charlton
Hristo Stoichkov
Maradona
Michel Platini
Eric Cantona
Pele
Johan Cruyff
+ lots more
Death to posers

hustler89
Veteran Member

lil italy wrote:Maradonna was a good player. He was one of the best. He freestyled, and this is why i like him. But that handball goal and the drug stuff just makes him the biggest loser.
Football is full of pressures and the mentally weak can not take the media and these pressures.
Plus the ridiculous salaries and the fame mean they are much more likely to turn to drugs than an ordinary person.
You can not say somebody is a loser because they were adddicts unless you have been in that situation yourself.
Personally, I feel kind of sorry for him, going from hero to zero.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Definitely Pele. I don't think you can beat 1280 goals...so creative too.

sscorpionn
New User

I gotta say Pele, I mean he is the symbol of football to me and I try to base my game on him.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Yeah Pele was the best, scoring 1280 goals, thats amazing. Also he helped Brazil in winning the world cup.

But my personal fav. legend would have to be Zidane, he was the best player of his time with his creative play, passing abilities, and free kick abilities.