Who Was The Best????

Discuss and compare your favorite players
R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

Ok, its simple just tell me who you think was the best. Or who was your favorite.
these are your options,
1. Maradona
2. Pele
3. Beckenbauer
4. Cruyff
5. Platini
6. Rossi
7. Abdullah
8. Ivanov

J
Admin

peps1154
Veteran Member

There has been a similar topic (as J pointed out), but It's x-mass so what the hell. I do think Pele was the best of all time, however from the list I like Beckenbauer the most.

ratherton
Veteran Member

1. Maradona - Talented but a drug abusing cheat. Will never forgive him for 1986.
2. Pele - The best ever. Unbelievable ability, scored 1,280 career goals and won the World Cup when he was 17. Score 127 for Santos in 1959
3. Beckenbauer - A very classy player
4. Cruyff - Gave us 'The Cruyff Turn'.
5. Platini - Had a superb range of passing and scored a lot of goals for a midfielder
6. Rossi - Top scorer in 1982 World Cup, nothing else
7. Abdullah - Who ?
8. Ivanov - Who ?

No George Best ??

Socceroo
New User

Personally my favourite was either Cruyff or Pele. Cruyff hepled revolutionise the game with the "total football" approach and also as someone mentioned earlier , the Cruyff turn. Pele simply because he was as brilliant on the field as he is off it.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

1. Maradona - needed to use his hands to beat england. overrated in my opinion, but undoubtedly one of the greats. i don't like him, but i haev to respect his play
2. Pele -all time best in my book. as ratherton said, he scored 1280 goals and won the wc at 17. he was absolutely brilliant no matter where he played.
3. Beckenbauer - one of the top 5 for me. the best defender, and a revolutionary when it came to captaincy. he beat holland in 74, so he had to be great
4. Cruyff - my favorite. deserved to win in 74. he was brilliant, as was everyone on this list, and he's my personal favorite
5. Platini - the only one better than becks at set pieces :lol:
6. Rossi - an italian icon, but really one among many when it comes to great strikers. he was incredibly skilled, but didn't really have a trademark
7. Abdullah - ???
8. Ivanov - haven't seen him play
Hala Galacticos

ezza_44

Pele...hands down!!

Sweeper5

Beckenbauer

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

Man i cant believe iam the only Maradona Fan here in my opinion he was the best.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Dragan Džajić the "magic Dragan"

and Johan Cruyff
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

R9KEvinR9 wrote:Man i cant believe iam the only Maradona Fan here in my opinion he was the best.
the main thing that seperates him from pele is his headers. pele would have beaten shilton with HIS HEAD. maradona had to use his hand. there are plenty of other examples, that was just a famous one.
Hala Galacticos

Kew

rossi, motoGP legend.

oh wait, soccer...
haha

Wiseman_philosopher

where's the late george best?
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Wiseman_philosopher wrote:where's the late george best?
rolling over in his grave, most likely
Hala Galacticos

upandcoming

cfrealmadrid wrote:
R9KEvinR9 wrote:Man i cant believe iam the only Maradona Fan here in my opinion he was the best.
the main thing that seperates him from pele is his headers. pele would have beaten shilton with HIS HEAD. maradona had to use his hand. there are plenty of other examples, that was just a famous one.

I am a Maradona fan to he was just such a brilliant footballer and yes he used his hand once but his heading abillity is better then Pelle's haven't you seen clips of his headers and you can't forget his head tennis