Henry or Van Nistelrooy

Discuss and compare your favorite players
jdefoe
Forum groupie
Posts: 856
Joined: 25 Sep 2004, 14:35
Location: Canada

Post

There's been a big debate in this forum about who is the most successful striker in EPL history, or who is going to be. Who do you guys think is better and why?

I think Henry is because he led Arsenal into an unbeaten season as well as winning the goal and assist title in the EPL, so this proves that there's more to his game than scoring goals. He can shoot, pass, dribble, run...
I believe he is the best player and most complete striker since Pele. And you guys?[/b]

peps1154
Veteran Member
Posts: 1513
Joined: 09 Jul 2005, 12:59
Location: Schiller Park/Chicago

Post

I agree. Rud has had great achivments but he is more of a pocher, where as Henry is a complete player who in my opinion would be succesfull on any postition. Furthermore Henry is so good in my opinion he's the best stricker since pele. However Robert Van Persie and Zlatan Ibrahamovic are too youngsters I will keep my eye on since they are developing great and who knows someday they might become better than Henry is now.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member
Posts: 1921
Joined: 19 Feb 2005, 04:00
Location: Pittsburgh

Post

ibrahimovic plays in serie a, don't know what you've been watching. and if you'll take a minute and think, pele played in the late 50s, 60s, and early 70s. since then, we've had maradona, cruyff, romario, francescoli, rossi, muller, roger milla, and several other great strikers. henry is a great PLAYER, but as far as STRIKERS go, he's great, no denying that, but he's by no means the best since pele.
Hala Galacticos

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member
Posts: 1921
Joined: 19 Feb 2005, 04:00
Location: Pittsburgh

Post

i guess i got off topic in that last post. henry is by far better than van nistelrooy. van nistelrooy is a poacher, and a great finisher, but henry creates his own chances. he's one of the all time great players.
Hala Galacticos

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member
Posts: 791
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 04:41
Location: Fort Smith,Arkansas

Post

Blasphemy!!!!!!!! :x
Yes Henry maybe a better all-round player but what was the question again?
who is the most successful striker in EPL history, or who is going to be
the answer RUUD ! RUUD ! RUUD! who has set knew records for the EPL & UEFACL ? answer Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
I've made the point before and I'll make it again If you Buy a keeper you don't expect him to have the record goals do you? no you buy a striker to score goals and thats it if he can do more than good for you you got a lil' more bang for your buck but like I say when it comes to goals Ruud's got it down it's just if they can keep him form injurys.
and if they can get better people to feed him the ball
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

Jackson1986
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: 16 Nov 2005, 02:46

Post

still is Henery.I knew Van Nistelrooy shot very well in the forbidden,but not well out of it. Henery can do well.

peps1154
Veteran Member
Posts: 1513
Joined: 09 Jul 2005, 12:59
Location: Schiller Park/Chicago

Post

cfrealmadrid wrote:ibrahimovic plays in serie a, don't know what you've been watching. and if you'll take a minute and think, pele played in the late 50s, 60s, and early 70s. since then, we've had maradona, cruyff, romario, francescoli, rossi, muller, roger milla, and several other great strikers. henry is a great PLAYER, but as far as STRIKERS go, he's great, no denying that, but he's by no means the best since pele.
I know that Zlatan pays for Juve but since I was talking about RVP and how good he's developing I thought about how young and good Zlatan is so I also talked about him. Is that a crime!?

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member
Posts: 791
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 04:41
Location: Fort Smith,Arkansas

Post

Jackson1986 wrote:still is Henery.I knew Van Nistelrooy shot very well in the forbidden,but not well out of it. Henery can do well.
Have you ever seen David Beckhams goal from his own half ?
If not this is what happen the ball had just been rolled to him by Brian Mcclare Becks & the ball was just behined the half way mark when he hit so perfect that it went all the way into the net for one of the best goals ever in the EPL history in fact it was ranked #1.
Now the reason I told you that story is so I could tell you this story:
On one of the games last season Manchester United had to play Everton
everyone from untied where on their own half because it was a freekick for Everton I forgot who took the freekick but it was blocked by Carrol(one of the only times :( ) Carrol then did a very quick throw to O'shea who then did a quick toe poke to Ruud now Ruud looked up & and saw that the keeper was way too far off from his goal so he shot it (Ruud was about 8ft from the halfway mark that's 8ft more then Beckham was when he made his goal)It was a screamer the keeper had no chance in hell at getting there in time but he lucked out as Van Nistelrooy hit the cross-bar :cry: .
So that is just one of many times he has a least shot form no man's land and I have seen him make some pretty far shots too.
if you need anymore info let me know
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member
Posts: 791
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 04:41
Location: Fort Smith,Arkansas

Post

peps1154 wrote:
cfrealmadrid wrote:ibrahimovic plays in serie a, don't know what you've been watching. and if you'll take a minute and think, pele played in the late 50s, 60s, and early 70s. since then, we've had maradona, cruyff, romario, francescoli, rossi, muller, roger milla, and several other great strikers. henry is a great PLAYER, but as far as STRIKERS go, he's great, no denying that, but he's by no means the best since pele.
I know that Zlatan pays for Juve but since I was talking about RVP and how good he's developing I thought about how young and good Zlatan is so I also talked about him. Is that a crime!?
YES Punishable by death :wink: nah just kidding.
You are right about them they're ones to watch and w/the way Tranfers go they might end up in the EPL.
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

jdefoe
Forum groupie
Posts: 856
Joined: 25 Sep 2004, 14:35
Location: Canada

Post

Mr.SoccerMojo wrote:Have you ever seen David Beckhams goal from his own half ?
you just brought up another great argument. I think that most of Ruud's success is brought upon by Beckham's superb crossing. I don't think he would have near the goals if he didnt have becks putting the ball right on his foot, head....

Henry creates for himself I find, thats why I think he's the better player. He doesnt need Becks's crosses to make him a great player.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member
Posts: 791
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 04:41
Location: Fort Smith,Arkansas

Post

So I guess I shot myself in the foot w/the becks comment
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member
Posts: 1630
Joined: 25 Mar 2005, 19:39

Post

van nistelrooy scores around the box or in the box, great striker knows how to use his oppurtunities

henry is more deadly in the box though, and is more creative. he also scores from anywhere so that has the surprise factor. once he curls the ball how he wants it, the goalie is screwed no matter what. he considers it one of his specialities.

cmperez07
Junior Member
Posts: 81
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 17:24
Location: United States

Post

Henry over van nistlerooy any day, henry is a genius on the field
So...What's Going On???

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member
Posts: 1205
Joined: 06 Jul 2005, 05:11
Location: Kansas City.

Post

Henry is the best striker nowadays he is a complete player. Van Nistelrooy is a very good player too but i rather go with Henry.

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post

jdefoe wrote:There's been a big debate in this forum about who is the most successful striker in EPL history, or who is going to be. Who do you guys think is better and why?
Alan Shearer. He has been scoring goals since the EPL was formed

Post Reply