Who do you think the best player in the World is and why

Discuss and compare your favorite players
mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 11 Aug 2006, 05:47

Yeah, but Henry still gets more assists than Ronaldinho, and that's Ronaldinho's job pretty much. Henry is already holds the record for assists in a season, and I'm sure by the end of his career he will be the leading EPL scorer in history. Arsene Wenger has a saying (not verbatum, I don't really want to look for the exact quote) in which he says that "class is linked with simplicity, and the easier a player makes something look, the classier he is.: Never have I seen a player that makes the impossible look simple like Henry, and him having nearly the complete package makes him the world's best.

On a side note, if Ronaldinho's late night entertainment was true and his excuse for a poor world cup, he is the most disgraceful player on the planet. I mean, this is the World Cup, so few people ever play it, let alone see it in person, and for someone to be so selfish and careless is an insult to the Selecao and the game in general.

God damn brewery!!!

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 11 Aug 2006, 23:15

Well then u must have missed a lot of video's/match's in which ronaldinho was playing.
class is linked with simplicity, and the easier a player makes something look, the classier he is
There u just owned yourself. Ronaldinho performs the elastico or hocus pocus, might I add with both feet and then outplays his man. Or the time when Ronaldinho outplayed like what 6 Juve players? around that number anyway, if he wouldve scored it most likely would have ended up in the top 100 best goals. Never have I seen a person do the impossible with such ease.

Speaking of the national team, Henry has rarely shown his quality at a World Cup himself while Ronaldinho shined in 2002. The only reason Henry had scored that goal vs Brazil was because the fat kid, who earns around 100,000 pounds a week, not counting the money he earns for playing for Brazil, who also plays at the so called best club in the world, who also is known for once stunning france witha free kick, was PULLING UP HIS SOCKS for 8 (E-I-G-H-T) SECONDS. Im sure ANY other player who stood their would have scored. ANY.

Might I add Henry is quick to refer to Bergkamp as his teacher, and Bergkamp as a great player has taught him a lot. Who has taught Ronaldinho? Even at the Champions league final it was seen as a Ronaldinho vs Henry. Ronnie won that one. Same thing with the La Liga. Where Barca suceeded in beating Chelsea, Arsenal (Henry) failed. Henry is also older then Ronaldinho, giving him the +2 years of expierence.

Then theres the fact that Henry has played at Arsenal longer then Ronaldinho has played at Barca. You then get to know more of the tactics/routines/habits that go around. Ronaldinho also had a lot of pressure during the World Cup. He was tipped to shine, people were expecting too much and that can happen. Lampard would be a good example.

*~El Maestro~* wrote:Thanks G-Unit-Freestyler. I was very curious about this, and I agree with you. Totally uncalled for. I didnt insult him at all in my post and i dont think anybody else did. I dont know who he was insulting , but it looks like he doesnt have the balls to insult whoever he was insulting in a language that the person could understand. Its easy insulting people on the net when you are safe behind your computer screen though.

E10youngRonaldinho wrote:Thnak you G unit Freestyler really appreeciate wat you said Thnx

np :wink:

J
Admin

Post by J » 12 Aug 2006, 00:03

MrSark wrote: Ronaldinho is not the best player in the world for various reasons. First off he should NOT be a repeat World Player of the Year award winner because he has only outright won the award once and that was this past season. In 2003 Zinedine Zidane beat Henry for the award and that was the biggest farce in the history of the award being handed out. Zidane had a terrible season at Real Madrid and the only reason he won is because of his standing in the game and that volley that he had against Bayern Munich. Henry was coming off a 27 goal, 23 assist season which is just unearthly if you consider he is doing that as a CF.
Well to the tell you the truth, It's impossible to say who "the best in the world is".

Players play different positions, play in different leagues, and play with different teammates. Which all has a factor in how a person plays.

How do you define the best player in the world? By what?

It's like trying to compare John Terry to Ronaldinho. Who's to say who is better? Just because one plays more of an attacking role, doesn't mean he's"better" :)

Fehmi
Sophomore Member

Post by Fehmi » 24 Aug 2006, 13:28

Err, ur reason for insulting us? I rather not publically translate what u just said, but that was uncalled for...[/quote]
i take that back and i apologize to all of u bt i know translation will make it as a very cursing word bt its not. for exmple when u say "sh*t i didnt do well" or somthin that sort u dont meen it literaly. anyways im really very sorry for hurting ur feelings bt we meen it here as an expression of anger not as an insult

MBanić

Post by MBanić » 24 Aug 2006, 18:14

the fat kid, who earns around 100,000 pounds a week, not counting the money he earns for playing for Brazil, who also plays at the so called best club in the world, who also is known for once stunning france witha free kick, was PULLING UP HIS SOCKS for 8 (E-I-G-H-T) SECONDS. Im sure ANY other player who stood their would have scored. ANY.
Sorry, but are you talking about Ronaldo? Looks like it, just to tell you, it was not his fault that Henry scored that goal, it was R. Carlos' fault, he's the defender. And also, it was neither's fault, it was Henry's fault for scoring that goal. HE SHOULD'VE MISSED, :lol: !

E10youngRonaldinho

Post by E10youngRonaldinho » 22 Apr 2007, 18:34

Ronaldinho is the best because , you can see , even when ronnie is not 100% fitness he is still top 5 players in the world .
“God gives gifts to everyone, ... Some can write, some can dance. He gave me the skill to play football and I am making the most of it.”

[please use a sig no larger than 500x300]

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 22 Apr 2007, 21:45

E10youngRonaldinho wrote:Ronaldinho is the best because , you can see , even when ronnie is not 100% fitness he is still top 5 players in the world .
There's a difference between most potential and best in my opinion.

Saibomb
Veteran Member

Post by Saibomb » 23 Apr 2007, 01:32

Yeah cause otherwise I would be the best :D

But personally I it is nearly impossible to tell. I think the best we can do is say who is the best player at his position at the league he plays in otherwise we can not have fairly accurate judgment.

Nestapernambucano

Post by Nestapernambucano » 23 Apr 2007, 22:39

MBanić wrote:
the fat kid, who earns around 100,000 pounds a week, not counting the money he earns for playing for Brazil, who also plays at the so called best club in the world, who also is known for once stunning france witha free kick, was PULLING UP HIS SOCKS for 8 (E-I-G-H-T) SECONDS. Im sure ANY other player who stood their would have scored. ANY.
Wait a minute. I think you're confusing ronaldo and Roberto Carlos. Ronaldo is the 'fat one'. He is still good tho.

Roberto Carlos scored the free kick against france.