Who do you think the best player in the World is and why

Discuss and compare your favorite players
J
Admin

Post by J » 21 Mar 2006, 04:22

Fehmi wrote: and to me its steven gerrard. Why? liverpool without gerrard is a pile of players. .
I totally disagree. I think Liverpool have quality experinced players on their squad. Gerrard is a great player, but not the best in the world.

Fehmi
Sophomore Member

Post by Fehmi » 21 Mar 2006, 08:23

haha. u still dont get it.. look i dont disagree eith henry being the best attacker and ronaldinho as the best OMF. but even in fifa 2005 gerrard is the best player he has 92 defense 93 midfield 90 attack. he is the best OVERALL PLAYER. liverpool has good players but hes responsible for their wins. ronaldinho is just amazin skill on building an attack, arsenal without henry is nothin true but henry is only a striker. gerrard can shoot from way out and score, he has a long pass accuracy. !! hes the best

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 21 Mar 2006, 12:59

Fehmi wrote:haha. u still dont get it.. look i dont disagree eith henry being the best attacker and ronaldinho as the best OMF. but even in fifa 2005 gerrard is the best player he has 92 defense 93 midfield 90 attack. he is the best OVERALL PLAYER. liverpool has good players but hes responsible for their wins. ronaldinho is just amazin skill on building an attack, arsenal without henry is nothin true but henry is only a striker. gerrard can shoot from way out and score, he has a long pass accuracy. !! hes the best
Gerrard also has wonderfull back passes if u watched the game against Arsenal :wink:

owensglory

Post by owensglory » 21 Mar 2006, 14:16

ya,crouch cant even in liverpool first team,at least in my opinion.he is too thin.ronaldinho looks shinny too,but he can make big john terry fall down when they meet in 2nd leg of the last 16 round in champions league.when liverpool meet chelsea,crouch is absolutely outclassed by terry.this is just an example.in short,the coaches and captains worldwide chosed the right person to win the best player award in the world in 2005.

J
Admin

Post by J » 22 Mar 2006, 05:56

Fehmi wrote:haha. u still dont get it.. look i dont disagree eith henry being the best attacker and ronaldinho as the best OMF. but even in fifa 2005 gerrard is the best player he has 92 defense 93 midfield 90 attack. he is the best OVERALL PLAYER. liverpool has good players but hes responsible for their wins.
I don't think you quite get it. no offense :)

First of all you used a video game as a reference as to why Gerrard is so good. That's not a good way of giving a reason as to why he is the best. Ronaldinho has been voted player of the year two seasons in a row now, for good reason. This award is voted by National team captains and national team coaches. I think Ronaldino has definetely been deserving of this award, if not Henry should have gotten it.
L

owensglory

Post by owensglory » 22 Mar 2006, 06:06

the best players in the world recently are ronaldinho and henry.gerrard has made a few mistakes ,especially in the match against arseanl,he 'assist ' henry.in league cup last year,he scored a beautiful header owngoal.eto'o and lampard are good,but not she best.rooney will be the best,and better than ronaldinho in the next few years.

upandcoming

Post by upandcoming » 22 Mar 2006, 16:02

It reminded me of a amazing back pass that cause Henry to get the winner after james was forced to foul henry for a penalty in the European Cup :lol:

steve-0
Veteran Member

Post by steve-0 » 25 Mar 2006, 02:15

although not my favorite, ronaldinho is perhaps the best player in the world. he has all the qualities to be the best player in the world. speed, agility, smarts, and good control. plus he's always smiling and has that friggin long hair.

Fehmi
Sophomore Member

Post by Fehmi » 04 Aug 2006, 19:00

no one can do what gerrard did against westham and u still dont get it!

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 04 Aug 2006, 19:37

Dont judge ur opinion by the ratings of FIFA and PES. Everyone knowz a 9 year old kid cud make better player ratings especially with FIFA. Im not saying Gerrard is bad, but also not the best. Ronaldinho's got almost the whole package there. His passes are accurate, and he does it smartly. Even his shots (e.g. vs Chelsea) and his skill will even put the best defenders on their wrong foot. It's also exciting to watch Ronaldinho, its because u never know when he's going to show his magic again.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 04 Aug 2006, 22:10

Fehmi wrote:no one can do what gerrard did against westham and u still dont get it!
I know what you mean. I just rewatched that game the other day. He inspires his team and plays with a lot of heart. He is a very complete player who has good passes, shots, and can play a good defensive game too. He seems to be ur best player and I respect that. But saying that liverpool is just a pile of players without him is a little bit harsh. People underrate Xabi's important role in the squad. If they didnt have Xabi Gerrard wouldnt be as successful and if they didnt have Gerrard Liverpool wouldnt be as successful. All the players contribute their own thing. Gerrard is one of the best players but Ronaldinho got the vote so I have to say Ronaldinho deserves it.

floater

Post by floater » 04 Aug 2006, 23:44

i think that pirlo is better than gerrard
he is better technically and tactically
gerrard is better physically
pirlo is better in free kicks and plays the ball smarter
he is also better on D than gerrard, everyone saw him in the world cup he basically played DMF
"In football, the greatest satisfaction is winning when they say you can't." - Robert Paul

MrSark

Post by MrSark » 05 Aug 2006, 03:17

J wrote: First of all you used a video game as a reference as to why Gerrard is so good. That's not a good way of giving a reason as to why he is the best. Ronaldinho has been voted player of the year two seasons in a row now, for good reason. This award is voted by National team captains and national team coaches. I think Ronaldino has definetely been deserving of this award, if not Henry should have gotten it.
L
Ronaldinho is not the best player in the world for various reasons. First off he should NOT be a repeat World Player of the Year award winner because he has only outright won the award once and that was this past season. In 2003 Zinedine Zidane beat Henry for the award and that was the biggest farce in the history of the award being handed out. Zidane had a terrible season at Real Madrid and the only reason he won is because of his standing in the game and that volley that he had against Bayern Munich. Henry was coming off a 27 goal, 23 assist season which is just unearthly if you consider he is doing that as a CF.

In 2004 Ronaldinho got his first award after they say he had a stellar season, but truth be told if it had not been for Edgar Davids coming to Barcelona, they would have finished outside the top 4 and no one would have mentioned Ronnie as a World Player candidate.

The reason the award for best player is a joke is because the National Team coaches and captains that vote on it are completely blind or retarded. If you run a search on google for the final ballots you can see a .pdf file of the way the voting was done and there are numerous coaches and captains that didn't even have Henry in there top 3 which is just plain dumb. Henry has been the best player on the planet for the last 4 seasons at least and that can be argued by all the bandwagon Ronaldinho fans, but if people took the time to analyze what the awards are based off of, it's easy to see that Henry is hands down the best on the planet.

In terms of overall play, Ronaldinho is classed as a midfielder, but isn't a midfielder by any means. Sure he starts in midfield, but almost the entire game is spent in the final third of the field which is the same area that strikers play. People like to mention Ronnies stats, but if you look at Ronnies stats over the time he has been at Barca and measure Henry's stats during that same time, you will see that Henry flat out murders Ronnie across the board. More goals, more assists, most shots, more fouls suffered, etc etc.

The people that say Ronnie is the best are the people that have played FIFA video games and look at his rating just like that kid that used Gerrard's video game rating as a basis for saying he is the best which he isn't.

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 06 Aug 2006, 01:08

Ronaldinho is not classed as a midfielder as so many misjudge.

Ronaldinho plays left wing and has sometimes even replaced Eto'o for the striking role.

steve-0
Veteran Member

Post by steve-0 » 06 Aug 2006, 20:06

sayin a player is best in the world based on a video game is pretty stupid. and so is looking just at a players statistics. henry is my favorite player in the world. i used to think of henry as the worlds best (and he may be the worlds best). but, after the way ronaldinho has been playing recently, i think he is the best in the world.