Thierry Henry
81%
Wayne Rooney
19%

Total votes: 27

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 20 May 2005, 19:34

henry is probably the most comparable player right now to pele. he's not as good, definitely, but he's got it all. he can finish, produce runs, take free kicks, pass....everything. also, he's got one of the most amazing headers in the game right now
Hala Galacticos

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 27 May 2005, 00:16

Henry is definetly the better player, he has more experience but i think rooney can get there

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 28 May 2005, 02:58

Henry. He led the league in assists and goals, and he missed the last third of the season. Rooney shouldn't even be put in the same category as Henry. There is a big skill and class gap. Keep in mind Rooney scored 11 prem goals in 24 games, while Henry has 25 in 31 games. The stats don't lie. Henry is miles ahead of Rooney.

God damn brewery!!!

J
Admin

Post by J » 28 May 2005, 06:13

mpcarres14 wrote:Henry. He led the league in assists and goals, and he missed the last third of the season. Rooney shouldn't even be put in the same category as Henry. There is a big skill and class gap. Keep in mind Rooney scored 11 prem goals in 24 games, while Henry has 25 in 31 games. The stats don't lie. Henry is miles ahead of Rooney.
I think Rooney has just as much RAW talent as Henry. Rooney scored some of the best goals i have ever seen in my life this season, especially that volley in the F.A cup. I have never seen Henry stike a ball like that. Give Rooney time, isnt he only like 18 or 19 years old??????

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 28 May 2005, 11:41

i think rooney's main advantage over other younger players ie. ronaldo, fabregas, van persie, robben etc. is that rooney is built more like a rugby player. he is much stronger and doesnt get pushed off the ball as much. this may not sound like much of an advantage but in the premiership especially is does make a big difference.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 31 May 2005, 01:45

exactly, he's so big, and has so much power that no one can stop him. he also has a wicked hard shot, and he may be as good as henry one day. but right now, it's hard to compare them. they have different styles. henry is almost like a brasilian, fast and creative. rooney, on the other hand, is more like the older british center forwards. the player he most reminds me of is christian vieri. i know he's not british, but vieri and rooney are remarkably similar, but rooney has a bit more technical skill. anyway, back on topic, i think in a few years, it'll be easier to compare rooney and henry, but right now henry is much better. also, he doesn't get into stupid bar fights and scream at referees
Hala Galacticos

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 31 May 2005, 02:25

J wrote: I think Rooney has just as much RAW talent as Henry. Rooney scored some of the best goals i have ever seen in my life this season, especially that volley in the F.A cup. I have never seen Henry stike a ball like that. Give Rooney time, isnt he only like 18 or 19 years old??????
Henry was a star at Monaco at 16 or 17... You should get some Thierry Henry DVDs. He has some of the best goals and outside hard shots I've ever seen. About five years ago, he shot it right at a keeper (Tim Flowers, I think,) but it had so much power on it that it slipped right through his hands. Anyway, If you were interested in picking up a DVD of Henry, I'd reccomend the Arsenal Centurions one. There are plenty of great goals on it. However, as much as I dislike Rooney, he has had some great strikes. No doubt that he is a superb player, but he just isn't the calibre of Henry, who could become the best player ever.

God damn brewery!!!

eljoao
New User

Post by eljoao » 04 Jun 2005, 12:04

Henry is the definitely the better of the two. Henry has a lot more skill and he can control his temper. Henry is also a much more complete player.