Lampard

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Wiseman_philosopher

matt wrote: his shots? perhaps, but many are deflected/poor defending
matt wrote: i think you will find i never 'put it down to poor defending'
lol

Once again, you've got you're facts wrong.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

oranje74

ok i may have contraditcted myself a little
whatever
here are my final thoughts on him
crucial to chelsea, manages to standout on the best team in the world
crucial for england - he and john terry are the only finished articles that are also consistent
definetly top 10 in the world
I can do it

mrbeankid22

As for my thoughts Lampard is by far not the flashiest or most creative play maker in the world. But when it comes down to it he gets the job done. Thats what Mourinho wants. And he is very productive at it aswell... If you check the Premierleague.com Fantasy game stats he has 109 points ... well ahead of second which is drogba at 75 points. This shows that Lampard is obviously the most productive player in the Premier League. About the name 5 players thing, their are different types of midfielers, ones like Ronaldinho who are very quick, tricky, and like to attack. Or other ones like Veira who hold the Midfield and play tough defence. I think Lampard is in between, but is the best for his role as his type of midfielder. Things are totally different on the international level so i cannot judge that.

matt
EF Forum Legend

Wiseman_philosopher wrote:
matt wrote: his shots? perhaps, but many are deflected/poor defending
matt wrote: i think you will find i never 'put it down to poor defending'
lol

Once again, you've got you're facts wrong.
lol, didnt see that :oops: .....fine i got that bit wrong. but i stand by the rest of it!!
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Jackson1986

a great player.so simple,he is a very excellent midlefileder.
Last edited by Jackson1986 on 21 Nov 2005, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

he's good. not great, but he's pretty good. what more can you say about him? he has the confidence to take shots from long range, which is more than you can say about a lot of players. that's why he scores so many from long shots. the law of averages says so. other than that, he's solid. not the best, not the worst. i guess that's really my opinion of him
Hala Galacticos

Jackson1986

he's young.you will see his great in the future.

peps1154
Veteran Member

He's not young if I'm not mistaken he's around 28, and for a pro thats not young anymore.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Yeah, he's around 28, not very young at all. If I'm not mistaken, he wasn't very good as a young player for West Ham. But anyways, he's at that peak age, and he is putting up very impressive numbers for a CM. But sorry Jose, he is no where near the best in the world, not even the best from England right now.
God damn brewery!!!

Piccadilly

hes the primary example of an amazing distributive mid with bulls eye passing and amazing goal scoring ability. I hate Chelsea but Lampard is great.

if there was a premier league all star team he would be on it. but in a world all star team as a reserve.
12-2-1 with 4goals and ten assists

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

a reserve? he's arguably the best central mid (NOT attacking, don't mention ronaldinho or zidane) in the world right now. he's a great passer, and he even scores a good amount of goals for his position. no, actually he scores a good amount period. who would play CM for a world all star team to keep him out of it? gerrard? yeah right.
Hala Galacticos

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

cfrealmadrid wrote:a reserve? he's arguably the best central mid (NOT attacking, don't mention ronaldinho or zidane) in the world right now. he's a great passer, and he even scores a good amount of goals for his position. no, actually he scores a good amount period. who would play CM for a world all star team to keep him out of it? gerrard? yeah right.
Hmm.. maybe Vieira! He's got just as good a shot as Lampard, he's a better passer (his inch perfect through balls have given Arsenal so many goals) he's stronger, and therefore is a much better tackler and defender. Lampard's good, but not the best CM in the world.
God damn brewery!!!