Who's your favorite player?

Discuss and compare your favorite players
collin1
New User

Who's your favorite player?

Post by collin1 » 17 Dec 2012, 17:49

I know this one probably hasn't come up in awhile since the forums have been down. But anyways, what players are you guys supporting and idolizing these days? Im still a huge Luka Modric fan, glad to see that he moved to madrid. Some others for me would probably be Iniesta, Arda Turan, Taarabt (although i don't see him a lot) Ben Arfa, and how about liverpools oussama assaidi, he looks promising. Also has anybody heard of Benat Etxebarria from Real Betis? Great player..

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Re: Who's your favorite player?

Post by Rome_Leader » 17 Dec 2012, 20:26

Lampard forever and always, although Hazard is quickly making inroads. Simply love the way the guy plays. Of course, I have admiration for the greats as well. CR7, Ineista, Xavi and Messi are all a joy to watch.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 17 Dec 2012, 21:18

Lately for me its been Philip Lahm. In the last two years or so I've watched almost every Bayern Munich and Germany game, and have been hugely impressed by Lahm's football intelligence and leadership. For me, he is one of the most under rated fullbacks in the world. Good tackler, good decision maker, keeps the ball simply, also a really good crosser of the ball.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 18 Dec 2012, 16:03

I am still a big Luka Modric fan as well and I also enjoy watching a lot of the younger stars like Mario Gotze, Marco Reus, Hazard, etc.

Right now I would have to say my favorite player right now has to be Luka Modric though. He is a fantastic players and plays a huge role for our national side. I loved watching him play on any level whether it be for CRoatia, Tottentham or Real Madrid.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 18 Dec 2012, 18:03

Ufff, that title favorite player, i hadn't heard that in like 5 years, there are so many players, with such ezquisite touch technique and that know how to tactically desotry defenses so well that you just can't pick one.

In no order:

Mata, Kun, Lio, Van Persie, Wazza, Ozil, Modric, Iniesta, Thiago, Pastore, Busi, Gotze, Pirlo, Santi, Lucho Suarez, Oscar, Valencia, Radamel, Higuian etcc

basically the typical midfield maestro, with the exquisite feel for the ball, all of the above, or some of the above... though i forgot so many that play in smaller teams that aren't so commercial that can also bring joy to the eye!

scott: philip lahm sounds exelent, i agree with you, the few bayern and germany matches i've watched he always leaves the finest impresions, how he owned coentraos flank vs madrid making him look like a cone for most of the match is just a summary, what do you think of Valencia ?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 18 Dec 2012, 18:19

Oh, I thought I put Mata on my list. Guess not. :p Well, he deserves it. He's been playing out of his mind this year, not very far from world class, and still can't buy a cap for Spain...

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 19 Dec 2012, 14:55

I still got mad love for my boy Kaka. He is a legend and I don't care what anyone says about him. I still think he is world class

bsc
Veteran Member

Post by bsc » 19 Dec 2012, 16:40

Dennis Bergkamp

(Living in the past is fun yo, we should all party like it's 2003)
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 20 Dec 2012, 14:17

bsc wrote:Dennis Bergkamp

(Living in the past is fun yo, we should all party like it's 2003)
Bergkamp was a boss, just like you bsc. Let's party like it's 2003

Adamhoward
New User

Post by Adamhoward » 07 Nov 2017, 10:34

It's Lionel Messi.
Some kings lose the plot when somebody tries to pull the crown from their noggin, while others keep it firmly atop their head the only way they know how. Lionel Messi hasn’t been the same since his injury last season, they said. The force of losing out on the World Cup crushed Messi, they said. Cristiano Ronaldo’s prying of a second straight Ballon d’Or from the Argentine’s fingers signaled the end of an era, they said. Messi spokes with his feet.
Every fan has associate degree opinion concerning the world's best association football players, however, nearly everybody agrees on a number of players. several of those stars play for the elite association football teams—Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Manchester figure conspicuously during this list—and a number of them are already thought-about legends, like Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. All of them contribute to the worldwide charm that association football fans decision the "beautiful game."
Messi is that the best inventive player within the world and during this class affirmative, in all probability in history. he's what happened once you take Maradona and provides him the goal marking ability of Romario, the vision and creative thinking of Iniesta. Messi is beyond any doubt the simplest player to ever touch the ball. His numbers do not lie.
Adom Howard