Suarez

Discuss and compare your favorite players
TheBrilliance

Suarez

Post by TheBrilliance » 11 Dec 2012, 09:00

My favourite player has been wondering crowds and getting into strife whilst the site has been down.

Opinions on him as a player and a man?

mint
EF Drug Baron

Re: Suarez

Post by mint » 11 Dec 2012, 09:16

He's awesome, just hope we manage to keep hold of him.
i was made to ignite

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 11 Dec 2012, 18:08

As a player, he is fantastic.

As a person, he is quite the opposite.

Heard Chelsea are angling for him, and I really hope we don't get him, simply because I wouldn't be able to cheer for someone who is that big of a prick.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 12 Dec 2012, 09:04

Rome_Leader wrote:As a player, he is fantastic.

As a person, he is quite the opposite.

Heard Chelsea are angling for him, and I really hope we don't get him, simply because I wouldn't be able to cheer for someone who is that big of a prick.
From what I've seen in documentaries and videos/interviews, he's actually quite a pleasant person. Without getting too far into his antics, I don't particularly think he's a racist, considering I've said some pretty vile things in my day, and still do on occasion when I play, it's just his emotions getting the best of him- unfortunately for others, he's got a lot of it.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 13 Dec 2012, 15:37

I'm not even hung up on the racist bit, surprisingly. Just everything about his body language on the field makes me think he's a petulant person, and a loose cannon emotionally. One can appear calm and coillected but completely lose it on the field, and I think the racism is tied to that. Heard rumors of him headbutting officials and scrapping with teammates pretty much throughout his youth career.

All roads lead to Rome.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 13 Dec 2012, 16:43

Yes, as a player he is brilliant, I use to think there was no one with the ability of aguero and Lio(ofcourse the best ever leaving people behind), but this Suarez fella has the southern feel for the ball with 180 degrees cuts and chops and he's gone. I think he can beat players very well, is very quick, has a lot of mobility so he can become unmarked many times throughout the game to move in dangerous positions into space.. Its definetly not just physical ability or acceleration, he can have 2 defenders on him and meg one and beat the other one and ive seen this happen a lot.

Did anyone see how he raped Terry last year? He scored a hattrick i think it was vs Chelsea, and he megged Terry in the first goal, owned him in the seconed, and the third was in the Terry zone as well...he made terry have a sh*tty ass night

As a player, he's to big for Liverpool already, he belongs in a greater club but he's loyal, and is a freaking warrior, i think he enjoys being basically alone against the world and fighting on, but he's better than many strikers than Madrid, Chelsea, or City have to name a few teams. To me he's top 3 strikers at the moment with Radamel and maybe Lewandoski or Benzema-

His personality doesn't matter, nobody here knows him, and we've had this discussion a million times.. "is maradona not the best ever because he handed the ball vs british" no he's not, he's dishonest so he's the worse ever... did Suarez call evra racist? yes so he sucks, so why have this agian right? Does Rooney suck because he dives? yes!! is Ronaldo better than Messi because he can score with his head and both his legs? Yes. /sarcasm OFF

no, every culture is different, and in this half of the world, and in many parts of europe, africa, etc (apart from USA and England, Canada, Australia) in the rest of the world people aren't so close minded, things like this can be seen as a good thing, the player is so in to the game that he forgets the rest, is lost in it, is one with the game and that in a minimal split second can chage it,forever, is it worth it to go through in the semifinals of a world cup? fu** yes.. did i get up off my chair when Suarez handed the ball vs Ghanna? YES did i want to cry YES did i get so excited when the ball hit hte post and uruguay went through YES fu** YES viva el futbol, come on uruguay fu** yes this is the game

further more Rome Leader, judging the sole character of a player for one, two, or a few actions is the same as saying that you will be limited for the rest of your life because you failed 3 math tests in high school. You can act in a certain way, in a certain moment to make your intentions manifest, without being a prick you just care to much and everybody that won something in everything of their lives, in Marck Zuckerburg or the highest grade in your class cheated a little here or there... it matters little in the field, if you confessed or went to church on sunday. our position in this life isn't to judge how others behave, we are suposed to worry about ourselves, the Lad is a bloody beast no doubt, and everybody wants him in his team, he can add 20 goals per league, and danger and hyperactvity upfront for 90 minutes, freaking rabbit wont get tired of running and winning hte defenders back, enough of "he's a racist" gerrard and lampard dive as well--
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 13 Dec 2012, 17:23

Number one, panchester, so glad you're back dude! :D

Yes, he's a brilliant player, and no one is disputing that. One's character could never detract from one's talent, even in extreme cases like his and Balotelli's. I also don't know if he's racist, but again, that's not what I'm talking about. He's spitey and just overall nasty to friend and foe alike.

I really think it's quite limited to say I'm judging him on one or two actions. What I'm saying is that this has been a pattern his entire life, and I can make judgments based off that and how frequent it has been. He hasn't been the victim of a few bad situations, he seems to create trouble wherever he is.

No one said anything about his diving, so I'm confused there... I don't like diving but I can see people justifying it with competitive advantage and what not, so I don't get in to whining over it much.

All roads lead to Rome.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 13 Dec 2012, 18:36

Yep :D definetly glad to be back and that people like you are still around :mrgreen: just gotta be careful not to get addicted again, the crack here is too good !! hopefully we can get some great threads going..

Yeap. definetly suarez amazing out of this player, for me aplayer is complete when he has the ability of Suarez,he probably rather be against a defender and be forced to dribble, than lay pff a pass, while most pro's rather have passing options, i think he is as effective laying a pass off, as he is in beating defenders, when you are a striker and you have that ease to beat a defender you are unstopable - thats lucho - most pros can take on player but this is second nature to Lucho, his chops and turns are like .3 decimals of second, he stole your purse shopped with your american express put it back and you just realized it when you see the charge on your bill, he's too quick and too skilled :lol:

I can tell you I hated Suarez last year after he messed with Evra so I can relate with you
o
But yeah, all players cheat imo, especially when you come from all parts of the world, you have the Germans and the Dutch and central european tend to be honest folks and really play by the book and the rules, same with Anglosaxons, but if you zoom in to different places of the world, where they play for the coke or the gatorade after the game, barefoot in the street, on the rocks, on so many places.

Its so universal nobody holds the truth, go to the USA and they'll teach you how to play by passing and playing simple, robotic tactics. Go to a field in the south if you can't feel the ball well you are nobody, while having a lot of touch can be a negative or even bad trait in London because they prefer running and counterattacking. They also are close minded even though even Paul Scholes has used his hand to try to cheat. It just depends on your way on interpreting the game, of course everybody on here knows im more found of the Bielsan tactics:

"We were all very good friends, we liked playing together, we passed it well united, we tried doing it our best possible ... atack a lot and then recover it quick with the dreams of attacking again... and we hoped for the company of luck: Thats football"

I can definetly agree Suarez might not be the best example, but to me a good example is a player that has the mentality to not give a flying fu** about the rest and just thinks about winning and about his club/national team, that will do stupid sh*t and thinks with his heart. Furthermore, there are players that don't use the hands, or aren't caught being racist, but are terrible people outside of the field in terms of being asses to their families and just bad in general, but in the field they never dive or never "cheat", those aren't good players either..

Everybody knows i am fan of barca and Xavi, but more than a few times I have had to disagree with what Xavi, Guardiola, Tito, Alves, have to say or think. This is true, in football like in life no one holds the complete truth. Madridistas will say that barca is false humbleness end of story, and Barca' will say Madrid just pays for players end of story.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 16 Dec 2012, 09:41

panchester07 wrote: I can definetly agree Suarez might not be the best example, but to me a good example is a player that has the mentality to not give a flying fu** about the rest and just thinks about winning and about his club/national team, that will do stupid sh*t and thinks with his heart. Furthermore, there are players that don't use the hands, or aren't caught being racist, but are terrible people outside of the field in terms of being asses to their families and just bad in general, but in the field they never dive or never "cheat", those aren't good players either..
What concerned me about Suarez though in terms of the racism stuff was how he let it snowball. He could have apologised straight away to Evra; he didn't have to refuse to shake Evra's hand post-ban. To say that he's being daft in the heat of the moment, or that he thinks with his heart rather than his brain doesn't cut it in these scenarios. He had plenty of time to consider what he was going to do in these situations; he wasn't caught up in the emotions of the game, where stupid things can happen. Surely if he was genuinely opposed to racism, and wanted to prove that he wasn't a racist, he would have apologised for the possibility that offence was taken at his remarks at the earliest opportunity, and not taken part in the frankly ridiculous fallout. Just my two cents.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 16 Dec 2012, 22:28

i gues you are right, and we'll never know, that was before the match, but no one says players have to shake a hand if they don't want to, there was a scandal and maybe the most mature thing would be to put off the fire of the drama with a firm hand shake, but at the end of the day there is no rule that forces them to hsake hands if he simply doesn't like somebody, and Evra didn't help either when he reacted and makde a fuzz about the whole thing... I don't think its a thing of a good guy and a bad guy, rather more to it, and its mostly unimportant and minor, minor details, he can be a self confessed nazzi and satanist, if he can put them away like he can people that can be neutral and impartial will stand up and clap for him

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 17 Dec 2012, 01:52

LiveTheDream wrote:
panchester07 wrote: I can definetly agree Suarez might not be the best example, but to me a good example is a player that has the mentality to not give a flying fu** about the rest and just thinks about winning and about his club/national team, that will do stupid sh*t and thinks with his heart. Furthermore, there are players that don't use the hands, or aren't caught being racist, but are terrible people outside of the field in terms of being asses to their families and just bad in general, but in the field they never dive or never "cheat", those aren't good players either..
What concerned me about Suarez though in terms of the racism stuff was how he let it snowball. He could have apologised straight away to Evra; he didn't have to refuse to shake Evra's hand post-ban. To say that he's being daft in the heat of the moment, or that he thinks with his heart rather than his brain doesn't cut it in these scenarios. He had plenty of time to consider what he was going to do in these situations; he wasn't caught up in the emotions of the game, where stupid things can happen. Surely if he was genuinely opposed to racism, and wanted to prove that he wasn't a racist, he would have apologised for the possibility that offence was taken at his remarks at the earliest opportunity, and not taken part in the frankly ridiculous fallout. Just my two cents.

I dont think he let it snowball per se. I think alot had to do with the club and Kenny Dalglish. I think both KD and Suarez got huuugee wake up calls when they worked together. KD stepped back into a game that had changed so differently on and off the pitch and I feel that is why he failed. Suarez moved here not knowing the consequence of alot of his actions and I think that is why at times he failed off the pitch.

I dont think it was a match made in heaven TBH.

I hate how double standards occur on firstly overseas players, furthermore on South Americans, and even further more on Suarez. I look at Suarez' dive record this season. One blatant (and riduclulous) dive occured. It was intentional and embarrassing as a Liverpool fan. The other 'dives' he has commited all had contact and alot were fouls. Whether he played for them or not is your call. I know alot dislike Suarez but I look at Gareth Bale and he has four..four dives to his name that were blatant with no contact. Yet he has some sort of british protection over him. Ridiculous.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 17 Dec 2012, 03:41

I know alot dislike Suarez but I look at Gareth Bale and he has four..four dives to his name that were blatant with no contact. Yet he has some sort of british protection over him. Ridiculous.
though i never met anybody that actually counts how many times a player has dived in season, I completly agree with this. right in the nail.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 17 Dec 2012, 04:33

TheBrilliance wrote:
LiveTheDream wrote:

I dont think he let it snowball per se. I think alot had to do with the club and Kenny Dalglish. I think both KD and Suarez got huuugee wake up calls when they worked together. KD stepped back into a game that had changed so differently on and off the pitch and I feel that is why he failed. Suarez moved here not knowing the consequence of alot of his actions and I think that is why at times he failed off the pitch.

I dont think it was a match made in heaven TBH.

He chose not to shake Evra's hand though - despite advice to do so. Surely, even if he was really unaware of the institutional stuff that was going on, commonsense would dictate that here is a custom before every game, and to not follow this custom is to make a statement (think Wayne Bridge/John Terry, for example). Regardless of whether or not you agree with the handshake thing, it's pretty obvious that it's an expected part of the pre-match rituals, and people notice when it's not followed a hell of a lot more than when it is.

The rest of the fallout was the result of a total balls-up on the part of Liverpool; I don't know (or care, now) who was to blame, but surely at somepoint someone could have spoken up and said "Hey, this isn't working, this is going horribly wrong." But I begin to digress.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 17 Dec 2012, 05:50

but maybe he doesn't like evra because he's a freaking jigaboo and thats fine too

the hand shake is in reality totally optional, you don't have to like somebody if you simply don't like him, no one can force you to feel anyway in particular.. i don't know his reasons, but like i said, evra din't make the situation anybetter.. its a sign of sportmanship, but its like a tip, its optional.

evra is one of the best left backs in the world right now, and suarez is one of the best strikers, they are both golden and its silly to keep going in circles around the topic.. they didn't like each other, that is fine it happens, maybe they had a few confrontations, the truth is Suarez got banned, when his ban got over, its now time to talk about the present, yesterday he didn't do sh*t against Villa, but weekly he just destroys teams, so take it easy, your surely a fan of another premier league team. its fine

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 17 Dec 2012, 07:29

Much as I'd like to claim that Nottingham Forest are a Premier League side, I can't see that happening any time soon :(

I'm only bringing up the Evra stuff because it's relevant in terms of one of the questions posed at the beginning of this post; namely what we thought of Suarez as a person. While I admire his skill as a player, due to the racism stuff in particular, I find it difficult to admire him as a person (and I've seen little since then to change my mind). I know that the handshake thing is optional, and hey, maybe Suarez and Evra really don't like each other for a variety of reasons, which they are totally within their rights to. I just felt that what went down inflamed the situation more than was necessary, and could have been avoided.

For the sake of avoiding the discussion becoming somewhat circular though, I'll leave it at that :)