Cicinho

Discuss and compare your favorite players
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Can somebody care to explain about him further?

Source
Manchester United are keen to sign £8m-rated Brazilian right-back Cicinho, who BBC Sport understands has flown to England for talks at Old Trafford.

The 25-year-old Sao Paulo defender would not require a work permit as he qualifies for a European passport through his Italian grandfather.

Milan and Juventus have also been tracking Cicinho, who is tipped to replace Cafu in the national team.

But United seem in pole position to sign the player on a four-year deal.

Cicinho has been capped by Brazil six times and was impressive during the recent Confederations Cup.

Should he join United, it could signal the end for Gary Neville, whose brother Phil left the club to join Everton last week.

And it may go some way to appease fans concerned there is no money for transfers following Malcolm Glazer's takeover.
If he comes in, then I guess I'll have to say goodbye to Gary Neville.

Magicfeet

Judging from what I saw of the Confederations Cup, this Cicinho is a dangerous player. Mind you, I've never liked Gary Neville, and I hope he gets sold to the Watford scum (not likely, I admit!). 8)

lyricalgh

cicinho is the heir apparent to cafu in brazilian nt
he proved that cafu is replaceable during the confederations cup
the guys got one strong shot
'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.' David Beckham

peps1154
Veteran Member

Cicinho is being described as one of the most offensive minded defenders currently playing the game. He proved in the confederations cup that he is equaly talented if not better then cafu, there he had a few (not exactly sure how many) assists and was an important member of the brazilian squad, way better then for example Roque Junior.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Oh no!!! My Gary!!! Oh well, if it needs to be done for the team, I'll just have to accept it.

matt
EF Forum Legend

yea it will be a shame to see gary neville go/be replaced - the era of the class of '92 is well and truly over.

but cicinho is a quality defender and with heinze and john o'shea we would hav arguably the best full-backs in europe

however it is not the defence which i think needs working on. we need a central midfielder more than anything so i hope we still hav some money to buy one
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

HJK

matt wrote:
but cicinho is a quality defender and with heinze and john o'shea we would hav arguably the best full-backs in europe
over cafu, maldini, and kaladze lol i dont think so