Page 1 of 1

Why you guys think Pele and Maradona are the greatest player

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 03:16
by Miilleniium
Lol it wont fit the title

So I was thinking and... this players and a lot of more were very poor so they couldn't eat or drink any vitamins and stuff that could gave them the energy to play, probably there was no one that could teach them how to train dribble or shooting or gain speed am I right?

And also, what you guys think that made them the best players of all time, they were playing all day long like 24/7 or what?

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 03:45
by nick117
they played an extraordinary amount. also, They likely did have a ton of people who could teach them how to play everyone and their mother plays in those countries. There are plenty of stories of pele going out and skipping school at 10 years old to go play against high school kids and winning. He's been playing up forever. should also mention pele's dad was just short of going pro until he was injured which is why pele's mom actually wanted him to be a doctor or something and not a pro footballer.

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 04:13
by Miilleniium
Yeah I guess his father could teach him how to play, he had experience in soccer

what do you mean by " everyone and their mother plays in those countries"?
you mean his mother played too cause I rarely think so xD

ok I got it he played a lot and with people older than him but what about the food, vitamins, minerals, all kind of nutrition food? they couldn't even buy a ball to play with

I also think that they were addicted to soccer

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 05:12
by nick117
everyone in brazil plays soccer period. they all do it i would bet less than 1% doesn't play it. The country isn't as bad as you might think it is. I imagine your thinking of it as some third world wasteland when brazil is a nice area. I guarantee they had a ball or two to play with you're making far too many guesses about these things. also nutrition is important but highly overrated before the pro lvl.

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 07:34
by desire10
Pele 's first ball was made out of rolled socks, he didn't get a proper ball until he played for his first official team. Even so you could bet that the quality of the ball wasn't too good.

I have his biography and he says that they were an unwealthy family, they sounded right on the edge of poverty. Pele, in his biography says that they use to get nothing but some banana bread for supper at times.

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 17:54
by collin
i always wondered how kids play all day. Don't they sweat a sh*t load and get really hungry? maybe they just dont play intense games all day but probably some slow kick about something so it doesnt drain them much but they get the touches down

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 18:11
by Miilleniium
desire10 wrote:Pele 's first ball was made out of rolled socks, he didn't get a proper ball until he played for his first official team. Even so you could bet that the quality of the ball wasn't too good.

I have his biography and he says that they were an unwealthy family, they sounded right on the edge of poverty. Pele, in his biography says that they use to get nothing but some banana bread for supper at times.
Yeah also Pele also used to play with a coconut or anything he could, I read once the Maradona's book and he says he played all day and with a destroyed ball or anything they could. Maybe that's the difference between regular players and legendary ones, If you play all day you will gain stamina, speed, your body will be used to play all day long and you will practice more than anyone.
collin wrote:i always wondered how kids play all day. Don't they sweat a sh*t load and get really hungry? maybe they just dont play intense games all day but probably some slow kick about something so it doesnt drain them much but they get the touches down
No no, Maradona said in his book he played from 2pm with a intense sun until 8 or 9pm and thats when they stopped to get some water, they played day and night, they had hours without drinking and eating :shock: wtf? I get a 2 hour practice and I can't go outside anymore without eating something!

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 18:16
by nick117
you won't gain speed i can promise you that. Stamina is also something that won't come from casual playing. your over thinking :p. also it's not all that hard to play for 6 hours if you just keep water with you.

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 19:33
by p793
When I was like 12-16 I used to go out at like 11-12 and play football with mates till like 9-10 at night without much food. I never really got hungry cos I was always just having fun, I usually just had a snack and I was fine.

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 20:15
by Miilleniium
p793 wrote:When I was like 12-16 I used to go out at like 11-12 and play football with mates till like 9-10 at night without much food. I never really got hungry cos I was always just having fun, I usually just had a snack and I was fine.
On weekends right? Pele and Maradona did that almost every day so I think that's why they got so good at it

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 20:26
by nick117
Miilleniium wrote:
p793 wrote:When I was like 12-16 I used to go out at like 11-12 and play football with mates till like 9-10 at night without much food. I never really got hungry cos I was always just having fun, I usually just had a snack and I was fine.
On weekends right? Pele and Maradona did that almost every day so I think that's why they got so good at it
good at what? not eating? i rarely see anyone get hungry until after they are done playing.

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 20:42
by Miilleniium
nick117 wrote:
Miilleniium wrote:
p793 wrote:When I was like 12-16 I used to go out at like 11-12 and play football with mates till like 9-10 at night without much food. I never really got hungry cos I was always just having fun, I usually just had a snack and I was fine.
On weekends right? Pele and Maradona did that almost every day so I think that's why they got so good at it
good at what? not eating? i rarely see anyone get hungry until after they are done playing.
Then you should go outside some more and see how things are.

responding your question: good at soccer, god

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 20:59
by nick117
I think you're slightly challenged... might want to go get your brain examined and take a course in English while your at it. People who are playing seriously will use up energy but if you actually are focusing on the game your likely not going to feel hungry your brain will completely ignore it unless you starve yourself constantly. and i mean fully starve yourself to the point where your body enters survival mode.

Posted: 06 Aug 2011, 21:24
by Miilleniium
nick117 wrote:I think you're slightly challenged... might want to go get your brain examined and take a course in English while your at it. People who are playing seriously will use up energy but if you actually are focusing on the game your likely not going to feel hungry your brain will completely ignore it unless you starve yourself constantly. and i mean fully starve yourself to the point where your body enters survival mode.
Alright so now you say I need to learn english... It's not my natural lenguage, so let's talk in spanish and let's see if you got anything to say, although I don't think I speak english to bad 8) see, I was just trying to learn why these 2 players were so good at it, never crossed my mind that someone would ruin by talking in a immature way.