Undedicated Pro Players

Discuss and compare your favorite players
desire10
Veteran Member

Undedicated Pro Players

Post by desire10 » 02 May 2011, 08:26

I'm not stereotyping this to all young pro's, and I am having an envious rant here, but anyway.

In my local pro team (Central Coast Mariners, A-league), I have a handful of the younger players (18-22) on Facebook. It just makes my angry to see how uncommitted they are to what's meant to be their life. I mean, on all of their profiles, all they post about is going out and getting smashed at clubs and getting drunk. I mean one of them has their profile picture as an image of him and his friends getting out of a dented car that's just collided with a tree, late at night, and they all look baked to be honest. I was talking to one of the youngest (18yrs old) who's been recently promoted into the first team. I was asking him for advice on going pro, and gave him a story about how dedicated I am, how much I train, and how much I want to be a footballer. He's advice was "um have enjoyable sessions, and make each one helpful for the next one" - Exact words, and he has de-friended me as well. To finish, they are doing nil training right now because the season has finished, and the A-league teams (at least mine) don't train as a team for months on end until the league starts up again (this is ridiculous if you ask me). They loan out some of their players to foreign clubs so they at least get some football in. Also, I'll add, one of these players I've mentioned is now the first choice 'keeper.
Everything you need, is already inside.

p793
Veteran Member

Re: Undedicated Pro Players

Post by p793 » 02 May 2011, 12:22

desire10 wrote:I'm not stereotyping this to all young pro's, and I am having an envious rant here, but anyway.

In my local pro team (Central Coast Mariners, A-league), I have a handful of the younger players (18-22) on Facebook. It just makes my angry to see how uncommitted they are to what's meant to be their life. I mean, on all of their profiles, all they post about is going out and getting smashed at clubs and getting drunk. I mean one of them has their profile picture as an image of him and his friends getting out of a dented car that's just collided with a tree, late at night, and they all look baked to be honest. I was talking to one of the youngest (18yrs old) who's been recently promoted into the first team. I was asking him for advice on going pro, and gave him a story about how dedicated I am, how much I train, and how much I want to be a footballer. He's advice was "um have enjoyable sessions, and make each one helpful for the next one" - Exact words, and he has de-friended me as well. To finish, they are doing nil training right now because the season has finished, and the A-league teams (at least mine) don't train as a team for months on end until the league starts up again (this is ridiculous if you ask me). They loan out some of their players to foreign clubs so they at least get some football in. Also, I'll add, one of these players I've mentioned is now the first choice 'keeper.
Like Panchester and others have said in similar threads, theese people will have worked hard to get to that stage at one point in their life. They will have trained a lot to reach that level, and now they are at the level they want to be at, they will have a contract, and they can probably manage to go drinking and have a good time whilst still maintain the level they play at.

You only get one life, and if you can be getting paid to be in a football team, and living the party life, i'd say they got it good. They seem relaxed, which will also help them too.

If it annoys you, then just keep training, and try and get in the same team at a younger age, and if you don't want to have a good time meeting new people and partying etc..then just keep training and you may progress to a higher level.

If I was a pro I wouldnt dedicate my whole life towards football. I'd train sh*t loads, and even more than everyone else after practise. But, after that I'd go out, meet girls, meet new people. Have a laugh, Live life to the fullest! You can still be a brilliant footballer and have a social life :)

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 02 May 2011, 15:48

They are free to do whatever they want, its their life. If they want to go out and party they are free to do so, pro contract or not they are still people who I'm sure like to have a good time.

I didn't know there was a rule saying footballers can't go out and party. It doesn't mean they aren't dedicated.

If it bothers you this much then un friend all of them and don't talk to them. Go out and train then, don't waste time on facebook trying to talk to them.

I kind of agree with that one players response. Make training fun, you don't have to be 100% serious all the time. Go have a pick up game with friends for a day.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 02 May 2011, 18:49

very true, was it messi that was wasted when giving a speech when they won the champions league a few years back?

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 02 May 2011, 19:40

I think winning the Champions League final, when it is last game of the season, is slightly different to the situation described by desire10.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 02 May 2011, 19:49

haha true...

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 May 2011, 20:57

collin wrote:very true, was it messi that was wasted when giving a speech when they won the champions league a few years back?
Dude, if he wasn't wasted it would have been extremely weird..

Its the year they won the 6 titles and its extremely hilarious....

Just as long as he doesn't go on a binge the night before a game, its perfectly normal and fine to drink moderately and have some fun..he gives all and much more in training so he's allowed to enjoy himself.

here's the vid your talking about..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmjVqWFgzxQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdRJKz00 ... re=related

i can't stop laughing everytime i watch it...

Hey, there should be a Ronaldo video, with the time he won it with Real Madrid .. oh wait...
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 02 May 2011, 21:33

panchester07 wrote:
collin wrote:very true, was it messi that was wasted when giving a speech when they won the champions league a few years back?
Dude, if he wasn't wasted it would have been extremely weird..

Its the year they won the 6 titles and its extremely hilarious....

Just as long as he doesn't go on a binge the night before a game, its perfectly normal and fine to drink moderately and have some fun..he gives all and much more in training so he's allowed to enjoy himself.

here's the vid your talking about..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmjVqWFgzxQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdRJKz00 ... re=related

i can't stop laughing everytime i watch it...

Hey, there should be a Ronaldo video, with the time he won it with Real Madrid .. oh wait...
Can you translate this Panchester?

Maybe the pro's your talking about should be a little more responsible as people pay to see them, but Hey, as long as they do their job well and it doesnt have a major effect on the team, they are quite entitled to go out. Heck, most EPL stars go out drinking every Saturday night.
I've seen Leeroy Lita, Jonas Guitierez, Jose Enrique, Daniel Sturridge, Aaron Lennon, and endless Sunderland players out mortal drunk the night after games. One time we seen Daryl Murphy off his face on cocaine, and I think Darren Bent had to take him home..It's really not that crazy to see pro's have a social life outside of football.

Oh btw Aaron Lennon is a really cool dude. My sister BF seen him out in Leeds after a night out after an away game. He was walking back to his hotel with a few other team mates. He said "wait here lads" outside the club my sister BF was at, he crossed the road, kneeled down to a homeless dude on the side of the road, and went "here you go mate" and gave him a massive wod of cash.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 02 May 2011, 22:08

For those of you who are bad mouthing professional players "dedication" what do you think is a professional players motivation?

Family? Friends? Teammates? Trophies? Money? To be the best that they can?

What about you, your parents, your next door neighbour, or any other healthy person what motivates everyone else?

Family? Friends? Success? Money? To be the best that they can?

I would imagine they are rather similar to football players. To excel at one means sacrificing another so if going to parties with friends means less money or training then so be it. Life is about balances.

You need to accept that football players are people just like you.

If your parents went out for a few drinks and a meal would you make a make a big deal about how they are wasting their lives when they could be studying, working etc to enhance their careers? I think not.

The above example applies to anyone. People arnt robots, they waste time and dont spend their lives at 100% efficiency working towards their goals, everyone needs to kick back once in a while. (with few exceptions, buddist monks come to mind but they're awesome :lol:)

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 03 May 2011, 12:35

Mate, Id love to be a pro footballer too. I train hard like most do. To get better. Im 19. I dont think it will happen, and I still dream...

But I love it. I love playing football. Its what makes me sane. And I love going out clubbing and the works. Having fun and getting into trouble sometimes :P

They are living life mate.

Its great to work hard and be dedicated. But you play your best football when you know youve tried hard, but also knowing this is what you love to do.

I was so concerned about "making it" at one time in my life, I just did not play well and was concerned about what others did.

Stay cool brother, keep dreaming, and maybe youll be that 1 in a million, I still think I am :D :D :D

And are you referring to Matt Ryan

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 03 May 2011, 21:04

TheBrilliance wrote:Mate, Id love to be a pro footballer too. I train hard like most do. To get better. Im 19. I dont think it will happen, and I still dream...

But I love it. I love playing football. Its what makes me sane. And I love going out clubbing and the works. Having fun and getting into trouble sometimes :P

They are living life mate.

Its great to work hard and be dedicated. But you play your best football when you know youve tried hard, but also knowing this is what you love to do.

I was so concerned about "making it" at one time in my life, I just did not play well and was concerned about what others did.

Stay cool brother, keep dreaming, and maybe youll be that 1 in a million, I still think I am :D :D :D

And are you referring to Matt Ryan
Yep.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 03 May 2011, 22:11

Dont you like him?

I know of a few guys the play CCM youth. They go alright

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 05 May 2011, 06:33

TheBrilliance wrote:Dont you like him?

I know of a few guys the play CCM youth. They go alright
I like Ryan as a player yes, but I can't stand the party boys tbh.

How/in what way do you know them>?

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 05 May 2011, 12:37

I know them through others. I know Ryan from TV.

Dont like a party boy? :P

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 05 May 2011, 16:58

As others have stated, it is not healthy for your life to be so one dimensional. You shouldn't hate on someone because they like to party and be social sometimes (or even all the time, that is their decision). Even if their social life means they are only reaching lets say 90% of their potential as a footballer- it is still their life and it is up to them and no one else how they choose to live.
desire10 wrote:It just makes my angry to see how uncommitted they are to what's meant to be their life.
Who are you to preach about how someone else should live their life? You need to find a way to let these feelings of anger go and focus on what you can control- your own life.

Behind everyone who gets frustrated about pros or better players they know not being as dedicated to training as them and not being as strict about what they put into their body, the root of this frustration is jealousy. If you truly believe that you are living your life the way you want to and you are satisfied with your choices, then you should not be feeling so frustrated/angry/jealous about the lifestyle choices of others.

If you are feeling envious and jealous of others, and dissatisfied with your day to day life, then, for the sake of your own personal well being and happiness, you should broaden your interests and not spend every waking second focusing on football.
Click it