KALOU-

Discuss and compare your favorite players
p793
Veteran Member

KALOU-

Post by p793 » 30 Apr 2011, 19:35

I don't know why, but I really like watching Kalou, even though he's not the fastest, the best dribbler, the most clinical finisher, he just seems to be a great sub, and I love watching him come on to effect a game. I can't see him at any other top club other than Chelsea though, it's a bit like Eboue for Arsenal, he's not great he just seems to be part of the club. Do you think that Kalou could play for another top team? Views on Kalou here.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 30 Apr 2011, 20:01

honestly i think he would do better at another club, i can see him being a good player at a mid-table english premiere league team, maybe Bolton, Blackburn, or Newcastle There is to much competition to get into chelsea starting 11

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 30 Apr 2011, 20:05

collin wrote:honestly i think he would do better at another club, i can see him being a good player at a mid-table english premiere league team, maybe Bolton, Blackburn, or Newcastle There is to much competition to get into chelsea starting 11
He'd get more game time, but I can't imagine Chelsea wanting rid of him, because, to use the cliche, he's a "super-sub". He always help them from coming off the bench, never complains either. But say he was at a mid-table team I can imagine him being average. He's not really a profilic goalscorer, but he's also not a midfielder, so I don't imagine a mid table team would want him. I think he fits in perfectly at Chelsea as he can come off the bench for the last 20, do something special, but positional sense doesnt really matter.

Met

Post by Met » 30 Apr 2011, 20:43

I think he is a really good squad player, for example Keita for Barcelona.
I think he should have his own competition and stick him there every game like Pinto for Barcelona. And if he plays well there, give him the next game in EPL.

I feel bad for him because he always changes games when he comes on, but doesn't seem effective from the start. It's harsh to see them persist with Torres when they haven't given him endless to get 1 goal. He said mourinho gave him a chance so grateful to him.

On a side note, look at possibly the next season's frontline for Chelsea: Drogba, Torres, Anelka, Kalou, Sturridge, Kakuta...

Someone's gonna leave. I'd love to see Drogba go to Arsenal! Take over from Henry. :shock:

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 30 Apr 2011, 23:37

I'm totally with you. He's probably my favorite player on Chelsea. He just gets the job done, nothing sexy about it. He's forever coming off the bench and bagging late goals, and I love it the odd time he starts because you know he's going to produce results or at least do his damndest to, because it's hard for him to find his way into the team sometimes. He really fits the system beautifully, certainly more than Torres does.

I can see Drogba bouncing this year, especially if Chelsea don't win the title, but, while it hurts, it won't be so bad, since Kalou can concievably get a lot of starts! :D

A lot of other clubs could certainly do with him, but I hope to God he stays right here, and knows at least someone appreciates him. :)

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 01 May 2011, 05:48

even though he's not the fastest, the best dribbler, the most clinical finisher
I have to disagree with this, even though I only see highlights of EPL teams play. I think Kalou is a deadly finisher, and from what I've seen can definitely get past a man, and has great speed. Correct me if I'm wrong, becasue again I only get to see highlight reels, but thats my opinion.

Part of the reason I believe Chelsea have kept him (apart from being the perfect super-sub), is his chemistry with Drogba. I think he's been a perfect sub' for Chelsea this year, but once Sturridge is back from his loan at Bolton, and Kakuta gains more experience, there'll be little room for Salomon anymore, and it'd be time for him to set off. Preferably to a mid-table team like suggested. He'd be perfect for Sunderland, who remember not too long ago lost Bent to The Villains.
Everything you need, is already inside.

ronaldoR7

Post by ronaldoR7 » 01 May 2011, 09:58

desire10 wrote:
even though he's not the fastest, the best dribbler, the most clinical finisher
I have to disagree with this, even though I only see highlights of EPL teams play. I think Kalou is a deadly finisher, and from what I've seen can definitely get past a man, and has great speed. Correct me if I'm wrong, becasue again I only get to see highlight reels, but thats my opinion.
Kalou is indeed fast i dont know so many people write him off as having no speed , he has decent pace and speed but the major factor that lets kalou down is his final ball or finshing if he could work hard on them and improve them then he can surely be making his way in Chelseas XI , im sure he'll play an important role next season because he'll play more games due to the fact that drogba is 33 anelka is 30 something and then you have Torres and Sturridge the other 2 strikers. 8)

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 01 May 2011, 16:12

i don't know how you guys can say he wouldnt do that good at a mid-table team. Look at Sturridge and Wellbeck they are bothing doing good from what i saw. By the way he would do good at Sunderland, Gyan, Kalou, Wellbeck up top that is dangerous!

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 01 May 2011, 17:12

Met wrote:I think he should have his own competition and stick him there every game like Pinto for Barcelona. And if he plays well there, give him the next game in EPL.
What do you mean by this? I don't watch Barcelona enough to understand. Explain? :oops:
i don't know how you guys can say he wouldnt do that good at a mid-table team. Look at Sturridge and Wellbeck they are bothing doing good from what i saw. By the way he would do good at Sunderland, Gyan, Kalou, Wellbeck up top that is dangerous!
I'm a SAFC fan and that would be extremely delicious! What I meant was, the reason i'm such a fan is because he does it with relatively little time, he always does the job with 10-20 minutes to go, and I think he relicishous that role, he likes coming off the bench when Chelsea are piling on the pressure on the opposite team, when all the play is in the opposite half, and he can roam around and do a bit of magic, however at a team like Sunderland or Blackburn I can imagine him being average, because clubs will either expect him to score every game (he does miss a lot of easy chances) or as a midfielder expect him to be box to box, which i'm not sure he would enjoy. He is brilliant, but like you Desire said, he has great chemistry with Drogba, and sort of relies on him. If he was at a worse team, and he was the main man, i'm not sure if it would work. I dunno.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 01 May 2011, 17:19

p793 wrote:
Met wrote:I think he should have his own competition and stick him there every game like Pinto for Barcelona. And if he plays well there, give him the next game in EPL.
What do you mean by this? I don't watch Barcelona enough to understand. Explain? :oops:

Haha, that Pinto started and played every copa del rey game, that being "his own competition", and he suggests that Kalou be given the same treatment, and if he plays well in the fa/carling cup start him on the next premier league match. thats a good idea...

i think kalou is a super-sub.. he's deadly, quick, fast and strong, and as minutes pass and stamina decreases his quickness and acceleration becomes a deciding factor for other teams that have worn down after chasing players for 70 minutes or more.. he's exellent when defenders are tired, to play him on the right side have him cut and shots, his acceleration and power make him real deadly...

in fifa, when i use chelsea he always changes the game, just running with the ball and crossing it virtually uncatchable and really skilled, just like in real life..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'