Everything you need, is already inside.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 21 Apr 2011, 11:00

looooooooool thats freaking hilar

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 21 Apr 2011, 17:33

Some of the fans deserve a football to the face, I've never seen lasers been used on players with the same frequency as Real fans V Barcelona.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 21 Apr 2011, 19:11

i dont think those fans pay good money to see the matches so they can get a ball kicked in their face...
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 21 Apr 2011, 19:30

I don't think there is a line on Professional footballers contract stating that they may be subject to the threat of permanent visual impairment by opposing fans using lasers.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 21 Apr 2011, 20:21

klc123 wrote:I don't think there is a line on Professional footballers contract stating that they may be subject to the threat of permanent visual impairment by opposing fans using lasers.
lmfao. word! in two separate games even

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 21 Apr 2011, 22:41

I don't think this is something to laugh about. That's really a classless move from Messi. Some unsuspecting fan who had nothing to do with why Messi was riled up could have easily had his/her nose broken. It could have been a child.

Just because some idiot fans shine laser pointers at players doesn't mean this is acceptable.

By saying that Messi's action was warranted due to the fans shining laser pointers at him you are essentially saying that world class footballers' behavior on the pitch should be judged at the same standard as the fans in the stands are judged for their behavior. That's just ridiculous.

If Barca want this laser pointer problem addressed they should contact the head of security for the stadiums in which fans keep bringing in and using the potentially damaging items.
Click it

styale18

Post by styale18 » 22 Apr 2011, 00:04

the laser seems to be used in italy as well, for during the roma and lazio derby, muslera had the laser right in his eyes before totti scored on a freekick. i was surprised messi lost his cool b/c everyone i know tells me hes like an angel

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 22 Apr 2011, 00:38

ajc wrote:I don't think this is something to laugh about. That's really a classless move from Messi. Some unsuspecting fan who had nothing to do with why Messi was riled up could have easily had his/her nose broken. It could have been a child.

Just because some idiot fans shine laser pointers at players doesn't mean this is acceptable.

By saying that Messi's action was warranted due to the fans shining laser pointers at him you are essentially saying that world class footballers' behavior on the pitch should be judged at the same standard as the fans in the stands are judged for their behavior. That's just ridiculous.

If Barca want this laser pointer problem addressed they should contact the head of security for the stadiums in which fans keep bringing in and using the potentially damaging items.
Agreed. If they keep bitching about the problem in football, get security to literally check from head to toe to see if fans have lasers. Its only really prevelant at the highest level of football, and the highest level of football can access quality, vigourous securtiy checks.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 22 Apr 2011, 00:44

^^ Absolutely.

I was at a Phillies v Cardinals MLB game a few years ago where someone was shining one in the eyes of Albert Pujols while he was up to bat. The umpires stopped the game and refused to start it until the person with the laser pointer was found by security and dealt with. They had 20-30 security staff members rush over to the section where the light was coming from and they found the guy within a few minutes.

Clearly there are ways of dealing with this problem whether it is once someone is already inside the stadium, or even better by preventing it with tougher security checks as you stated.
Click it

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 22 Apr 2011, 03:14

ajc wrote:I don't think this is something to laugh about. That's really a classless move from Messi. Some unsuspecting fan who had nothing to do with why Messi was riled up could have easily had his/her nose broken. It could have been a child.

no, he is saying not everyone tends to be civil and a perfect example of mankind...not that it was perfectly alright for messi to do that.

please be advised that not all barca fans approve of that behaviour from messi. even i mentioned he was acting like a spoiled kid somewhere here.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 22 Apr 2011, 07:38

shahensha wrote:no, he is saying not everyone tends to be civil and a perfect example of mankind...
I agree with that, but I dont see this point expressed in any of the posts above.

I should hope that not all Barca fans approve of this! The more I think about it this is really one of the more shocking things I've seen a player do in recent memory, especially from someone like Messi who has a reputation for preserving the integrity of the game (by fighting through challenges, refusing to dive, playing hard 90 minutes every single match etc.)
Click it

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 22 Apr 2011, 11:37

Come on, how do we even know it was his intention to blast the ball off opposing fans? He could easily have just been attempting to keep the ball in play, similar thing happened with Ahmed Elmohammedy to his own Sunderland fans, he blasted ball directly into crowd, but was trying to keep the ball from going out.

Even if he did mean it, if he had been getting lazers pointed at him, and he was getting frustrated, for losing his temper for a split second of red mist, I don't really blame him, he probably didn't think "Oh I'm going to blast this ball off a supporter, hope I hurt them, It may be a woman, but because she's a RM supporter i'll do it anyway!" He was just thinking "fu** Sake *Kicks Ball*"

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 22 Apr 2011, 14:14

Unless you have osteoporosis, the chances of a ball striking you and causing any sort of damage are very slim, even if it is Messi striking it, and he didn't exactly smash the ball as hard as he could have.

Laser pens on the other hand can cause serious problems to the eye and vision.

People need to stop making it sound like fans can do what ever the fu** they want and the footballers must be the shining example. EVERYONE, I repeat, EVERYONE should set a good example, regardless of your profession and how much you get paid for your work. If you walked down the road and shined a laser pen in a random persons eye, I hope that person turns around and puts you in hospital.

I know the person Messi struck the ball at was almost certainly not the person shining a laser at him, but he is still showing his disgust with the Real Madrid fans, and in my opinion it is something that needs to be addressed.

Don't give the generic bulls**t excuse that "he is a footballer, he is suppose to act like an angel" because no one, even a saint, should have to put up with undeserved abuse like that.
That is precisely what I am saying and believe how things should be. I'm not saying Messi to act on the same pathetic level as the fans, I'm saying the fans should raise there behaviour standards. Everyone should be judged in the same way, regardless of your job, your profession, or if you are just a spectator. No excuses, no buts.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 22 Apr 2011, 14:30

right... and if that ball which was still probably traveling at 35-40 mph hit a child in the face what would happen? Like it or not while on the field it's his job not to act like a complete child and not hurt the fans.