The boy who cried wolf

Discuss and compare your favorite players
scottS4
Veteran Member

The boy who cried wolf

Post by scottS4 » 06 Mar 2011, 23:38

Did anyone see Nani's leg today? His shin looked like an opened purse!
When he went down I laughed and thought he was faking, (as he is prone to do) but seeing pictures, you can tell its a nasty cut.

edit: ok why can i never get images to work?

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 06 Mar 2011, 23:46

He deserved it, I gladly applauded. Someone on twitter posted this:

Sung to the tune Smooth Criminal by MJ

Nani are you okay?
Nani are you okay?
Are you okay Nani?
...You've been hit by
You've been struck by...
Jamie Carragher

As Cartman from South Park said, "Yes! Yesss! Oh, let me taste your tears...Mm, your tears are so yummy and sweet! ...Oh, the tears of unfathomable sadness! My-yummy!".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

I'm loving how Liverpool are becoming a "don't fu** with us" club again. Skrtel is a hardman, Carra takes nothing from no one, Agger- well he brought the elbow to El Ninny's face. Andy Carroll will be bullying defenses with his presence, and Suarez just winds players up, loving it. Also, Lucas has become quite the presence- him and Gerrard had Scholes and Carrick on lock.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 07 Mar 2011, 00:02

I loled when rafael squared up to skrtel, if i had been skrtel id have floored him :lol: :lol: .

Btw zlats them 2 gifs are amazing
i was made to ignite

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 07 Mar 2011, 01:23

it's like a second sunderland appeared. the league needs less of them

WatchKingKennyPlay
Sophomore Member

Post by WatchKingKennyPlay » 07 Mar 2011, 11:36

Zlatan i wish i could kiss you right now.

Nani is a woos anyway and is one of the worst play acters around. If he was that injured that badly he wouldnt have got up...ran over and complained and then fall to the ground.

But I dont like a player injured. He was probably crying cos he knew Fergie would give him a spanking for stuffing up the second goal. A fake injury was the only way out of it.

Suarez also pulls Rafaels hair after the ruckus..Hes 'ARD LIKE

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 07 Mar 2011, 16:25

nick117 wrote:it's like a second sunderland appeared. the league needs less of them
Lol I loved that.

Liverpool are sh*t, but United are even sh**ter at the moment. Just shows how down hill the premier league is going, when the supposed best team in the league can't even stuff Liverpool, a team which is "competing" in the "we wish we was the real european" cup. Won't be surprised to see no English teams in the CL semi's this year.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 07 Mar 2011, 19:02

klc123 wrote:
nick117 wrote:it's like a second sunderland appeared. the league needs less of them
Lol I loved that.

Liverpool are sh*t, but United are even sh**ter at the moment. Just shows how down hill the premier league is going, when the supposed best team in the league can't even stuff Liverpool, a team which is "competing" in the "we wish we was the real european" cup. Won't be surprised to see no English teams in the CL semi's this year.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 07 Mar 2011, 21:00

use of spongebob no fairrrrr. anyway I'm not happy with utd at the moment i'm worried for the rest of the season i'm sure it will all work itself out and if they don't win #19 this season oh well but i feel like it's going to be another 3-4 years till we see the kind of team resembling the 07-08 group.

WatchKingKennyPlay
Sophomore Member

Post by WatchKingKennyPlay » 07 Mar 2011, 21:29

klc123 wrote:
Lol I loved that.

Utd are on a bad streak, but as a team they arent getting worse. The other teams are just better. Anyone can beat anyone on their day

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 07 Mar 2011, 22:16

United are having a bad patch, but as nick said, they are a shadow of the team that won the european cup a few seasons back, which is unfortunate really.

Ferguson is not an idiot, but he is not God either. He needs time and patience to create a world beating side, as would any manager. The problem is they have owners sapping money out of the club and they are neglecting to buy quality players to replace quality players. When Ronaldo left we bought Valencia...Don't get me wrong, Valencia is a great player, but we are talking about a different calibre of player at that level.

I think the problem with the premier league at the moment is that all the clubs are getting worse...Look at liverpool two years ago and look at them now...The top teams that seems to be making leaps and bounds are Arsenal and Tottenham, and that is because their youth systems are two of the best in the country, and both their managers respectively are two of the best in the world at bringing in young talent.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 07 Mar 2011, 22:27

As ferguson has been saying though it's a transition. soon to be

giggs ----> obertan/nani/possible buy
scholes-----> gibson/anderson/possible buy
evra----------->fabio (maybe not now but soon)
neville------->rafael
ferdinand------>smalling

not to mention all the other young strikers chicharito macheda welbeck etc.

Plus from what i understand utd has some serious mids comming through the youth system.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 07 Mar 2011, 22:50

The thing any United fan should be most concerned with at the moment is replacing Ferguson, good luck to any manager who dares to try take over the reigns after him and carry on the show.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 07 Mar 2011, 22:59

I would like to see mou he seems to have a liking for utd and he's one of the few that have the mentality for it. So many others would crumble under the pressure.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 08 Mar 2011, 00:56

WatchKingKennyPlay wrote:
klc123 wrote:
Lol I loved that.

Utd are on a bad streak, but as a team they arent getting worse. The other teams are just better. Anyone can beat anyone on their day

Exactly anything can happen in football.

United fans are just bitter we absolutely owned them ;)
i was made to ignite

WatchKingKennyPlay
Sophomore Member

Post by WatchKingKennyPlay » 08 Mar 2011, 12:26

klc123 wrote:United are having a bad patch, but as nick said, they are a shadow of the team that won the european cup a few seasons back, which is unfortunate really.

Ferguson is not an idiot, but he is not God either. He needs time and patience to create a world beating side, as would any manager. The problem is they have owners sapping money out of the club and they are neglecting to buy quality players to replace quality players. When Ronaldo left we bought Valencia...Don't get me wrong, Valencia is a great player, but we are talking about a different calibre of player at that level.

I think the problem with the premier league at the moment is that all the clubs are getting worse...Look at liverpool two years ago and look at them now...The top teams that seems to be making leaps and bounds are Arsenal and Tottenham, and that is because their youth systems are two of the best in the country, and both their managers respectively are two of the best in the world at bringing in young talent.
I know you get into some hussy with others on the board so I come in peace, and that goes for everyone. But i disagree.

Firstly for the past 15 years..in terms of overall squad depth and quality has gone, SAF hasnt really gone wrong. Sure Valencia is no Ronaldo but you dont need a Ronaldo. You need a player that can fit into what the manager wants, be consistent and most importantly gel with the squad. In most cases a Ronaldo is needed to win the league. But Man U have plenty, as do Real Madrid and Man City, and I dont see them on any trophies. SAF is a knob to me, but brilliant. He makes good players great players by letting them adapt and be so comfortable and fluent in the line up and team they play to the best of their ability.

Secondly the Premier League is only getting stronger mate. Liverpool have been steady eddys really for years. Sure we came close 2 years ago we werent good enough. Drawing consecutively vs Stoke aint gonna win you anything. We stuffed around with Alonso and co but we went from dancing in the street to hiding under the covers. We didnt get worse at dancing....we were just under the covers...and we are gonna go out and dance again. Liverpool doesnt falter like that, neither will many top 4 teams.

And Arsenal havent been that great all year, and Tottenham have been wobbly, hell I havent seen the Man U of recent seasons come out yet but they sure as hell are getting the results.

Tottenham dont have a youth system of great calibre sorry. They just buy other players.

And Arsenal have a great picture of nurturing youth but....i have never seen it flourish. Only really been impressed with Fabregas growth and West Hams Wilshere. Djorou aswell perhaps.

In England brilliant youth systems IMHO are, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Middlesborough, Southampton.

Even Man U have a decent system

Ajax and Barca overseas are great too just to mention some.

When a team splashes millions on a Ramsey or Walcott...it doesnt really strike me as 'what a youth set up'