Gary Neville

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Post Reply
ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Gary Neville

Post by ratherton » 03 Feb 2011, 17:18

The Man U and former England right back has just announced his retirement with immediate effect.

He was definitely one of the most consistent defenders I've seen and apart from a couple of things when Ferdinand got banned for missing a drugs test, he was a model pro.

I believe he is taking his coaching badges and I'm sure he'll stay in the game as he has so much to offer.
Image

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

matt
EF Forum Legend
Posts: 1151
Joined: 03 May 2005, 19:20
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by matt » 03 Feb 2011, 17:34

Comfortably the best English right-back of his generation. Not only a good defender but an excellent crosser of the ball and a good captain.

He had stopped performing to his usual high standards two or three years ago, as injuries took their toll, but I'm sure his influence will be missed around United. He would probably make a good coach.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Image

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post by Rome_Leader » 03 Feb 2011, 18:23

Good stuff. I have mad respect for Neville. The most memorable thing he's done in the past five years was to retire, and I think he picked a great time to do it. With VDS hanging up the gloves after this season, we are about to see another changing of the guard in the back of the Man U. formation as well.
Image

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post by soccer11 » 03 Feb 2011, 22:25

Big fan of Gary Neville. Back in the day when I used to dabble as a right back I would try to watch what he did and do it as well.
He really was a great right back and unfortunately for some younger fans, they never saw him in his prime. Hopefully people will remember his entire career and not just the last two or three seasons. Even once his skill started to diminish, there wasn't a player who played with as much heart as Gaz did when he put on that United uniform, even if it was just for a few games a season.
Image

WatchKingKennyPlay
Sophomore Member
Posts: 32
Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 02:08

Re: Gary Neville

Post by WatchKingKennyPlay » 09 Feb 2011, 02:30

ratherton wrote:The Man U and former England right back has just announced his retirement with immediate effect.

He was definitely one of the most consistent defenders I've seen and apart from a couple of things when Ferdinand got banned for missing a drugs test, he was a model pro.

I believe he is taking his coaching badges and I'm sure he'll stay in the game as he has so much to offer.
Gary Neville retiring is a dream come true.

Consitent, steady player but an absolute cock of a man.
After he finishes kissing that badge he can kiss my ass.

Pride to play for your country? 0:38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_cwwWcyqQ

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post by klc123 » 13 Feb 2011, 01:30

You're life is exceptionally sad if you dream of things like Gary Neville retiring.

WatchKingKennyPlay
Sophomore Member
Posts: 32
Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 02:08

Post by WatchKingKennyPlay » 14 Feb 2011, 13:05

klc123 wrote:You're life is exceptionally sad if you dream of things like Gary Neville retiring.
Stop wumming everywhere please.

And another dream wouldve been as a poster said for this to have hit his head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhdSdGfbBow

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post by klc123 » 15 Feb 2011, 18:13

Yes, you post that yet i'm the wind up merchant.

I'll assume your post made some form of grammatical sense. The fact that you posted that video, shows you are probably a liverpool fan, so the sole reason you are on this thread is that you wanted to troll. Even sadder than what I first thought.

WatchKingKennyPlay
Sophomore Member
Posts: 32
Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 02:08

Post by WatchKingKennyPlay » 16 Feb 2011, 08:29

klc123 wrote:Yes, you post that yet i'm the wind up merchant.

I'll assume your post made some form of grammatical sense. The fact that you posted that video, shows you are probably a liverpool fan, so the sole reason you are on this thread is that you wanted to troll. Even sadder than what I first thought.
Nah, Roma

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post by klc123 » 17 Feb 2011, 22:15

Well done in the Europa League tonight, its good to see Liverpool not getting walked off the pitch in Europe these days, now that they are playing clubs at their level.

WatchKingKennyPlay
Sophomore Member
Posts: 32
Joined: 09 Feb 2011, 02:08

Post by WatchKingKennyPlay » 18 Feb 2011, 00:54

klc123 wrote:Well done in the Europa League tonight, its good to see Liverpool not getting walked off the pitch in Europe these days, now that they are playing clubs at their level.
Why are you telling me this? im still devasted about Romas 3-2 loss to Shaktar

Post Reply