Best Goal Keeper of all time

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Sputnik

lmao that was so jokes! :lol: he was a joker n a heavy goalkeepa, i wish he was still in EPL :( he scored lyk... 7 goals or some crazy $hit in his career :o thats more than some defenders n mids :o
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Dražen Ladić
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

Shearer 09
New User

Peter Schmeichel

But Recent Goalkeepers:
1-Buffon
2-Given
3-Casillas

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

right now one to keep your eye on is Peter Cech one of my favorites to watch right now always some crazy stop or something w/him
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

ratherton
Veteran Member

Sputnik wrote:lmao that was so jokes! :lol: he was a joker n a heavy goalkeepa, i wish he was still in EPL :( he scored lyk... 7 goals or some crazy $hit in his career :o thats more than some defenders n mids :o
The Paraguay keeper, is it Chilavet ??, he scored over 50 goals in his career. He used to take penalties and free kicks. I think in one game he scored two goals

It's difficult to pick the best goalkeeper as they can't go out and influence the action. In addition, their contributions are rarely recognised in the same way forwards or attacking midfielders are.

Some of the best keepers are: Lev Yashin, Gordon Banks, Sepp Meier, Peter Shilton, Neville Southall, Peter Schmeichel, Oliver Kahn and today, the best in the world is probably Peter Cech.

Sputnik

haha that paraguayan (?spelling?) guy sounds amazing, but im not too familiar with the keepers of the past. For me Schmeichel was the best ive had a chance to see in my lifetime (or best as in by far above the rest when he was playing). I think he was on of the main reasons for Manchester United's sucess of that period, with the treble etc. plus i luv his personality on and off the pitch :)
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

chilavert scored 62 goals. i happen to have a magazine where they talk about him, and i used to play with him on video games. he scored 45 penalties adn 17 free kicks

a colombian called hguita scored 41 (37 penalties)

campos scored 40, 9 of them were penalties.

and there is a german guy colled jorg butt who scored 27 goals

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

I remember when he used to play (Chilavery) in the Argentine league it was awesome he was such a outstanding goal keeper.

fil10

i think the best keeper is lev yashin or gordon banks but again, thats only an opinion
"The time you spent not practising, someone out there's becoming better than you"