Suarez :) Torres :(

Discuss and compare your favorite players
LimaFoxtrotCharlie
New User
Posts: 18
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 01:09

Suarez :) Torres :(

Post by LimaFoxtrotCharlie » 29 Jan 2011, 09:00

No one has made a post about the arrival of Suarez... :D :D :D
Im over the moon about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z879RseLee4

Awesome player. His Ajax goal to game ratio is insane. I know some people knock the dutch league, based on Huntelaar and Kuyts success there and goal scoring downfall in current times but i think he is a little different.

In other news, one Fernando Torres has handed in a transfer request to leave for chelsea. After my seizure over this I pondered and came to the conclusion that id keep Torres than rather have Suarez.

What chu reckon?

matt
EF Forum Legend
Posts: 1151
Joined: 03 May 2005, 19:20
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by matt » 29 Jan 2011, 11:40

It's all very interesting, not long left in the transfer window now so there may not be time for Torres to leave. Seems odd that Torres handed in a transfer request right at the point when Liverpool were investing in the squad in the sort of way he has asked them to do for years. Perhaps he himself doesn't rate Suarez all that highly.

I don't know much about Suarez, obviously he is a good player but frankly I don't think he is as good as Torres. I will never be able to forgive him for that handball against Ghana. Furthermore Liverpool do not have a good recent track record of signing attacking players from the Dutch league - Babel arrived as a teenage prodigy and left distinctly average, and Kuyt was a prolific goalscorer in Holland and has since been turned into Liverpool's version of Park Ji-Sung. So at £22m it is an expensive gamble.

If Suarez arrives and Torres leaves I think it will result in Liverpool losing a large chunk of their female fans - to quote a friend of mine, Torres is 'cartoonishly pretty', whereas Suarez is one ugly mofo.

Of course if Torres leaves and Suarez doesn't arrive then there is a real danger of Liverpool finishing the season in the bottom half, which would be rather excellent.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

Image

Juice
Senior Member
Posts: 245
Joined: 19 Jun 2009, 16:39

Post by Juice » 29 Jan 2011, 12:22

Suarez :( Torres :)

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post by Rome_Leader » 29 Jan 2011, 13:28

Wasn't Suarez signed specifically to partner Torres? :P And now he wants out? That sucks.
Image

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Met
Senior Member
Posts: 238
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 22:18

Post by Met » 29 Jan 2011, 15:14

To be honest, I'm surprised it took him this long. The only reason Rafa was able to stay in so long was because Torres was firing in his 4-5-1. Hodgson couldn't get him going since his haircut. And Kenny won't even get time with him.

I think Torres has realised that he will have to single handedly drag Liverpool back to the top and I don't think he likes that idea. Chelsea can offer him so much more. More money, better ground, better fans, better manager, better support striker, better midfield... I could go on and on.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 29 Jan 2011, 17:13

Yeah, Torres is to good for Liverpool right now, I think he's underachieving there and his successs could boost if he makes the move to chelsea..... With a better team to back him up like Met said.... Also make better money, and what not, he is one of the Worlds Best Strikers, and Liverpool is to small for him.....


Suarez wil do good in Liverpool, South American's play with balls, sweat, and blood and he will score a good quantity of goals, but, I think Liverpool is doomed, nor Suarez, nor Messi (well maybe Messi) could save them, they are going down, down.........

On another note, on Fifa, chelsea is crazy...... Drogba, Anelka, Malouda, are basically uncathchable when you run with the ball with em, and Torres is also amazing, I know what team i'm gonna use on Fifa next year :)
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

ratherton
Veteran Member
Posts: 2872
Joined: 29 Oct 2005, 18:41

Post by ratherton » 29 Jan 2011, 17:19

You may be aware Torres only handed in his transfer request after Ipswich missed out on signing Charlie Austin from Swindon. Coincidence? I think not.
Image

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Zlatan5
Veteran Member
Posts: 1208
Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 05:41

Post by Zlatan5 » 29 Jan 2011, 21:58

Met wrote:better fans
Image

LimaFoxtrotCharlie
New User
Posts: 18
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 01:09

Post by LimaFoxtrotCharlie » 29 Jan 2011, 22:24

Met wrote: More money, better ground, better fans, better manager, better support striker, better midfield... I could go on and on.
Someone needs to slap you a few times.

Stop wumming and get to grips with the realism in the English Footballing world.

Anfield>Stamford Bridge

Better support striker? Dont Chelsea play 442 or 433?

With Ramires and Mikel in that midfield i wouldnt be talking. Taking Poulsen in a deal may make you the fiercest midfield in the world :D

And finally better fans? Were you dropped on your head as a child my friend? Chelsea are the worst excuse for a supporter ever. The amount tat jumped on the bandwagon when they got the dosh...makes me sick :oops:

And Ratherton...breaking news! In regards to Liverpools Left back problems Chris Powell is coming out of retirement. Straight swap for Konch :lol:

Juice
Senior Member
Posts: 245
Joined: 19 Jun 2009, 16:39

Post by Juice » 29 Jan 2011, 22:47

Chelsea play 41212(diamond)/433..
Chelsea has definitely better support to their strikers! And Poulsen is one big joke...
Mikel and Ramires has been doing a great job so far, so what your yapping about is a question that remains.
Anfield>Stamford Bridge
No doubt..

Were you dropped on your head as a child my friend? Chelsea are the worst excuse for a supporter ever. The amount tat jumped on the bandwagon when they got the dosh...makes me sick

Okey, lets not overreact. But sure Pool beats chelsea in every way.


Still Torres would be better off playing for Chelsea. Liverpool will become the new newcastle. And Suarez, not that impressive to me. First of all he is the most ineffective player in the whole Eredivisie, its just beacuse he always shoots, no matter angle that he score the amount of goals he scores. Also its the freaking Eredivisie, there is no such thing as defense in that league. Overrated player, better as a goal keeper, like we saw in the world cup.

El nino in blue would be nice however :D [/i]

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post by shahensha » 29 Jan 2011, 22:54

speaking of prolific strikers from eredivise, where the fu** is klaas jaan huntelaar?
Image

Juice
Senior Member
Posts: 245
Joined: 19 Jun 2009, 16:39

Post by Juice » 29 Jan 2011, 22:58

Dead...
No but hes at Shalke, there was a period where he were great, at the beginning, but I dont know whats happening now.

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

LimaFoxtrotCharlie
New User
Posts: 18
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 01:09

Post by LimaFoxtrotCharlie » 29 Jan 2011, 23:03

Juice wrote:Chelsea play 41212(diamond)/433..
Chelsea has definitely better support to their strikers! And Poulsen is one big joke...
Mikel and Ramires has been doing a great job so far, so what your yapping about is a question that remains.
Anfield>Stamford Bridge
No doubt..

Were you dropped on your head as a child my friend? Chelsea are the worst excuse for a supporter ever. The amount tat jumped on the bandwagon when they got the dosh...makes me sick

Okey, lets not overreact. But sure Pool beats chelsea in every way.


Still Torres would be better off playing for Chelsea. Liverpool will become the new newcastle. And Suarez, not that impressive to me. First of all he is the most ineffective player in the whole Eredivisie, its just beacuse he always shoots, no matter angle that he score the amount of goals he scores. Also its the freaking Eredivisie, there is no such thing as defense in that league. Overrated player, better as a goal keeper, like we saw in the world cup.

El nino in blue would be nice however :D [/i]
Id like an opinion from other than a Chelsea supporter ;)
Suarez was meant to play with Torres, he wasnt a replacement. We would have got someone else if we were replacing him.
Tell me, when were you suddenly converted to the Chel$ki cause?

Juice
Senior Member
Posts: 245
Joined: 19 Jun 2009, 16:39

Post by Juice » 30 Jan 2011, 00:15

hahaha I was never converted to it, I was born as it :)
Naah, but my dad where a Chelsea supporter so I guess I got it that way..

Image


Chelsea supporter or not, doesn't change what I think about Suarez. I know that he was meant to play WITH Torres and not instead of.
But I was only a time question, before Torres would leave. If it werent for Roy Hudgson, he would probobly had left last season.

The only question that remains now is;

WHEN WILL GERRARD LEAVE!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

nick117
Veteran Member
Posts: 1105
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 23:14

Post by nick117 » 30 Jan 2011, 01:47

LimaFoxtrotCharlie wrote:
Juice wrote:Chelsea play 41212(diamond)/433..
Chelsea has definitely better support to their strikers! And Poulsen is one big joke...
Mikel and Ramires has been doing a great job so far, so what your yapping about is a question that remains.
Anfield>Stamford Bridge
No doubt..

Were you dropped on your head as a child my friend? Chelsea are the worst excuse for a supporter ever. The amount tat jumped on the bandwagon when they got the dosh...makes me sick

Okey, lets not overreact. But sure Pool beats chelsea in every way.


Still Torres would be better off playing for Chelsea. Liverpool will become the new newcastle. And Suarez, not that impressive to me. First of all he is the most ineffective player in the whole Eredivisie, its just beacuse he always shoots, no matter angle that he score the amount of goals he scores. Also its the freaking Eredivisie, there is no such thing as defense in that league. Overrated player, better as a goal keeper, like we saw in the world cup.

El nino in blue would be nice however :D [/i]
Id like an opinion from other than a Chelsea supporter ;)
Suarez was meant to play with Torres, he wasnt a replacement. We would have got someone else if we were replacing him.
Tell me, when were you suddenly converted to the Chel$ki cause?
Hate to say it but Torres would be better running with drogba in a 4-4-2 if they play a 4-3-3 then he still could be deadly and it might take some pressure off of him without being the man that has to do everything especially since drogba is still going strong. The midfield at Chelsea also is a little better when fully fit lampard is a better ball provider than Gerrard and essien > kuyt although i can't say for certain what kuyt plays i just know he's the work horse.

Also forgive me for this i know this site is bad but http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/engla ... ndo-torres interesting if it's true.

Post Reply