FIFA Ballon D'or

Discuss and compare your favorite players
klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 13 Jan 2011, 22:33

Lol, your so pathetic it is beyond comprehension. Ja bring that up, make me laugh, it still doesn't make me wrong. :roll:

Those statistics are from espn for la liga. Gunned. Down.

EDIT: That was from my Iphone here's my proper reply.

I watch every single La liga and Copa del ray game that sky sports offer. So I've watched every single Barcelona game for a few seasons, and last season and this season I also watched every Real Madrid game. Did you watch every single Real Madrid game last season and this season? Another question, how many Serie A games did you watch last season? Watch many of inter?

Let me guess, you think Iniesta is a better player than Snieder as well? :lol: Yet I'm the fan boy? :lol: Do us all a favour and stop spewing your load over Barcelona. I know your a fan and that great but brown nosing the players to the point where you are now coming out of their mouth is childish.

There is no argument in your post, all your "points" I have already addressed, such as statistics not telling the whole story, which I said does not matter when the evidence is so strong, and secondly I've watched all of their games so I have a pretty good idea of how they play in games anyway.

You know what's really funny Shahensha, if that really is your name, the fact that when Iniesta does move over to the left hand wing to cater for Messi being in the centre, he is actually a more advanced player due to Barcelona's formation promoting attacking fullbacks, which naturally pinches the wingers into a more attacking position. The fact the Andreas still doesn't score that much in this position as opposed to Pedro, who plays the same position on the opposite side, just highlights my points further. I'm running out of bullets to execute you with at this point.
even an eye roll doesnt justify the ridiculousness here
This is the first correct thing you've said. Your "argument", if you can call it that, is magnificently flawed with mistakes and ill-logic. Also, you completely lack the vision to see past that bubble of your own semen that is dedicated to all the barcelona players, and your gay fanboy tendencies. It really deserves so much more than an eye-roll. :)
Last edited by klc123 on 13 Jan 2011, 23:06, edited 4 times in total.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 13 Jan 2011, 22:42

We watch a game that has seen the likes of Pele, Maradona, Messi, Zidane, Cruyff, Best, Puskas, Patini, Beckenbauer, Garrincha, Ronaldinho, Cantona.

In the grand scheme of things based on technical ability Ronaldo is average at best.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 13 Jan 2011, 22:59

Scotty I actually 100% agree with you, but we are rating this on who is the best player now.

Unfortunately there is quite a gap between Messi and the next best player in the world. I think it is too premature to use Messi in that list of greats however, those players have had the highpoints, or the whole of their career in some cases, already, and it is only after completion that we can truly reflect on their career. It doesn't do Messi justice to look at him as a finished article yet, because he has so much time to get even better. It is kind of like di**heads like Wayne Rooney doing biographies now, even though they are still young and have achieved next to nothing compared to what they might possibly achieve.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 13 Jan 2011, 23:12

I think Messi can be included in that list in terms of talent and ability.

Its the point that what makes the best player? If it was purely ability with a football at their feet Ronaldo wouldnt be on the same list the three Barca
players.

Whats the blend between ability, effectiveness, teamwork and physical power that determines the best?

Goals should not be weighted that highly imo. There are already awards for that called the Pichichi and various Golden boots. If goals were so highly rated in indentifying "the best" then completely average players such as Pippo Inzaghi would make alot of lists they should never be near.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 13 Jan 2011, 23:20

I agree, but Messi has always been spell binding with his dribbling, but he only started winning the Ballon d'or when he started to score 40+ goals a season...I'm not saying that is right but it is obviously weighted into things quite a bit, imo too much.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 13 Jan 2011, 23:31

Thats where the effectiveness of the player kicked in, you could argue its just a progression of his ability. I think its got more to do with the fact he became the main man after Ronaldinho left, even more so after eto'o.

He has definitely grown into that role of main attacking weapon in the past few years.

Thats it though. How many goals does a player as good as Messi have to score before he is the "best". How many goalscoring passes would Xavi have had to make to win the award?

Its very opinionated always has been. Although Messi clearly is the best right now. The point is how would it be awarded if you had three arguably similar players who played different roles. The creator or the finisher or the middle guy?

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 14 Jan 2011, 00:28

klc123 wrote:Lol, your so pathetic it is beyond comprehension. Ja bring that up, make me laugh, it still doesn't make me wrong. :roll:

Those statistics are from espn for la liga. Gunned. Down.

EDIT: That was from my Iphone here's my proper reply.

I watch every single La liga and Copa del ray game that sky sports offer. So I've watched every single Barcelona game for a few seasons, and last season and this season I also watched every Real Madrid game. Did you watch every single Real Madrid game last season and this season? Another question, how many Serie A games did you watch last season? Watch many of inter?

Let me guess, you think Iniesta is a better player than Snieder as well? :lol: Yet I'm the fan boy? :lol: Do us all a favour and stop spewing your load over Barcelona. I know your a fan and that great but brown nosing the players to the point where you are now coming out of their mouth is childish.

There is no argument in your post, all your "points" I have already addressed, such as statistics not telling the whole story, which I said does not matter when the evidence is so strong, and secondly I've watched all of their games so I have a pretty good idea of how they play in games anyway.

You know what's really funny Shahensha, if that really is your name, the fact that when Iniesta does move over to the left hand wing to cater for Messi being in the centre, he is actually a more advanced player due to Barcelona's formation promoting attacking fullbacks, which naturally pinches the wingers into a more attacking position. The fact the Andreas still doesn't score that much in this position as opposed to Pedro, who plays the same position on the opposite side, just highlights my points further. I'm running out of bullets to execute you with at this point.
even an eye roll doesnt justify the ridiculousness here
This is the first correct thing you've said. Your "argument", if you can call it that, is magnificently flawed with mistakes and ill-logic. Also, you completely lack the vision to see past that bubble of your own semen that is dedicated to all the barcelona players, and your gay fanboy tendencies. It really deserves so much more than an eye-roll. :)
oh please continue executing me with bulllets. i am merely a pacifist who doesnt feel the need to angrily gun down people over the internet.

oh yes, i watch seria a and can say that sneijder is having the same impact as he did last year. but i never mentioned anything about sneijder. why must you assume I do so?

Also, I never said iniesta's finishing ability is as good as cronaldo, yet you keep bringing that point up. The argument is the ability to pass and i say iniesta is a better passer. You really have a problem in how you foolishly misconstrue things, go overboard with petty personal insults, which no other member feels the need to do here and call others pathetic which is ironic really. i can continue arguing with you but I dont really give a sh*t, the forum doesnt give a bigger sh*t but considering the fact that you took time off your schedule to edit your post and fill it up with personal insults and insinuating i am a fag, clearly you do, so just calm down :lol:

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 14 Jan 2011, 00:36

Guys calm it down a bit, lets not let this get too heated try and stay on topic :), or this topic will be under lock and key.
i was made to ignite

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 Jan 2011, 16:45

Mint just gunned us all down.

Scotty, as with a lot of things in football it is very rarely just one factor. I think the departure of Ronaldinho sort of forced Messi to progress and mature in a sense. Everyone was used to Ronaldinho been the star in the team, the magic. In his last season as he declined, this was a big problem for Barca, and no one was able to fill the void usually filled by dinho.

As soon as Ronaldinho left, Messi turned into a completely different player in my opinion, ability wise and mentally. He is not only better technically, but also more in control of things and is a better leader now.

Just throwing an odd ball here, but does anyone think that Casillas deserves more credit?

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 14 Jan 2011, 17:07

klc123 wrote:Mint just gunned us all down.
Jus trying to keep the forum peace :)
i was made to ignite

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 Jan 2011, 22:49

Comparing Iniesta and Ronaldo is apple and oranges man, almost like comparing the Real Ronaldo to Zidane, two different positions....

Obviously Iniesta is a better passer than Ronaldo, you don't need to be a genius to know this, it isnt rocket science..

Iniesta and Xavi where there because how they influenced Spain and Barcelona(when Iniesta was fit)..

Messi was there because he scored 60 goals last year..

Ronaldo was just not good enough and didn't win sh*t last year.. Individually Messi owned him in every stat, goals, assists, goal/game average, clasicos won, etc.. Messi made it further in the champions league, bla bla....

He will likely be in the top 3 candidates this year, but imo he didn't have the arguments to be in the nominees this year.. His world cup was much worse than Lio's, and so was his season with club.

Ronaldo was good, but Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Sneijder and Casillas had more reasons to be nominees and winners than he did.

They are both world class at their positions and doing their task..It isnt' iniestass job to score, but he can score, and it isn't Ronaldo's job to assist though he can do so..

Iniesta can be better than Sneijder in the opinion of many football fans including mine.... Iniesta does not stop amazing me, he is the best in the world doing what he does...It isin't his job to score, its his job to penetrate and break down other teams defense and he does it so well..Unfortunately you can't measure what he does with stats, but he's just amazing, every week I see him he amazes me more... Its how he holds the ball when he has 3 men on him, his close control, his through balls, his assists, just quality, I mean, every team needs him, and he's clearly better than sneijder imo... You can't measure it with stats, but take Iniesta from Barca and you loose a whole lot.. Its how he makes other play, when everybody is marked he beats one men with perfect control and if they are still marked he'll beat another one...He isn't up there among the best in the world for no reason...
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Juice

Post by Juice » 15 Jan 2011, 12:23

I have to say that I get amazed every time I here someone defended the fact that this years trio where a trio that deserved to be on the top 3.
First of all please tell me, where this award based on the success that the player brought to his team (like the previous years), or where it based on how good the player where technically?

If its the first case then there is not a single person in the world who could say that Messi relly deserved it, if you can, your ether lying or you haven't watch football during 2010 at all. Snijder,lampard, Milito, Drogba, xavi are just some examples of players who deserved it more.

If its the second case, Messi is without a doubt in the top three if not the best, but Iniesta and Xavi? Please... There great but there is players who has done it better during the 2010, e.g. Casilias, Lampard, Rooney, Ronaldo (depending on if you consider that it was his first year in madrid) Cole,Lucio, Maicon, Me.

And can someone correct me if am wrong, but did Puyol become the best wingback of 2010!?

I don't have anything against Barca as a club, I really don't. But it makes me so pissed of to hear every Barca "supporter" (which seems to be 97% of the worlds population) defend Barca. In everything.
Fifa/Uefa is Pro Barca, they are, whether you admit it or not. Just knowing that Argentina's, Denmark's and North Korea's votes for some mysterious reason did not count this year makes me laugh.

I have never, and will never, take Fifa seriously...

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

styale18

Post by styale18 » 15 Jan 2011, 14:15

yeah i agree with juice.. iniesta was really good but other people deserved to be in the finalists more. im guessing everybody forgot about forlan who continues to get underated and never gets his credit. tied for top scorer in the wc and led his country to 4th place while scoring the winning goal in the europa league championship

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 Jan 2011, 17:52

If its the first case then there is not a single person in the world who could say that Messi relly deserved it, if you can, your ether lying or you haven't watch football during 2010 at all. Snijder,lampard, Milito, Drogba, xavi are just some examples of players who deserved it more.
What? What is 60 goals in a year to you man? 60 goals isn't success to you? They won the league, advanced in the champions league, and made is so far in the copa del rey tthanks to his goals/assists.... Same in the second half of the year, they succeed thanks to his goals, and his influence on the game.. A Barca without Messi would loose big time!!! None sense is what you are talking, games without Messi barca has struggled to win 2-1, 1-0, when Messi plays the scoreline is about 5-0? .... Thats influence, , how could you not agree that Messi is the best in the world, and that Barca needs him, like a fat kid needs cheesecake.... I mean common...

Milito? How many goals has he scored from June to now? 3 maybe? :lol:
Sneijder? Good first half of the year, hasn't done sh*t in the second half..
Rooney? Again, maybe scored like 3 goals since april, 2 of them from the pk spot..
Lampard? No comments...

Good players, but never in the leagues of Lio, who scored 60 goals, 25 assists last year, I mean....

You keep running your mouth, Messi will keep scoring hattricks, assisting, beating men, and winning games for Barcelona.....

always thought i had a firm grasp of what sarcasm was but i now find myself in a position where i have to ask. Is this sarcasm or are you being serious?
This !, Just this? The level of ignorance contained on your post is just way to high for just one day, really..

Just knowing that Argentina's, Denmark's and North Korea's votes for some mysterious reason did not count this year makes me laugh.
From reading the Argentinian papers I read Mascherano and Checho Batista didn't vote on purpose, so there you go, you are wrong again.. I think you watch too much cartoons man.

If its the second case, Messi is without a doubt in the top three if not the best, but Iniesta and Xavi? Please... There great but there is players who has done it better during the 2010, e.g. Casilias, Lampard, Rooney, Ronaldo (depending on if you consider that it was his first year in madrid) Cole,Lucio, Maicon, Me.
Why would they give an award on who's better technically? In that case they would award Robinho every year or some sh*t? Obviously its the player that achieves more individually and helps his team positively the most, cough cough 60 goals.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 15 Jan 2011, 18:17

What did Rooney acheive in 2010? Arguably 2010 has been the worst year of his proffesional career.

Personally i dont think any Inter player should have been included in the 3. They were good but their success was based more on team effort and Mourinho's tactics for the champions league.

I dont see why anyone would have such a problem with the top 3. Is it the fact they shouldnt all be from the same team or something?