FIFA Ballon D'or

Discuss and compare your favorite players
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 08 Dec 2010, 22:25

Ronaldo is a confident, skilled selfish fu** who obsesses with goal and self-glory.. He doesn't want to win, he wants personal glory, Who did he celebrate when Man Utd won the UCL final? Alone in the pitch laying crying solo......

He's a joke, he'll live under Messi's shadow forever, Messi will be a team player with pasion for the game and still beat him statistically because Messi is better, and plays the game for the right way.. I swear, Becks use to get on my nerves, freaking metrosexual, but then I saw Ronaldo, like seriously? perfect tan, every game, no body fat, so self-centered, such huge ego, so much gel, the way he celebrates, seriously???? its not even cool to be that immature anymore

I've been seeing articles on Non-Madrilian papers all over the web, about the big division in the Real Madrid locker Rooom caused by Ronaldo's selfish, self-center, cocky, metrosexual attitude, and what not, and that he only makes friends with the portuguese speakers in the team(marceo pepe, carvalho) I said, hey, thats an exagerration, Madrid was doing fine untill the 5-0 trashing....... But did anyone see him celebrate his goal today? Did Benzema hug him? No... did Diarra cheer with him? Neu.... He ran to the bench, and hugged Pepe and Marcelo, Pepe stood up ran and hugged him same as marcelo, the comentators went : "Are those the only friends he has in Real Madrid? - It looks like it" .. Theres gotta be some recentment towars his bitchy attitude.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 09 Dec 2010, 00:40

Woah panch, I guess he's off your Christmas card list.

Seriously though, that stuff about him been friends with only some players is bulls**t lol...I don't care what news paper you read it from, a news paper is still a newspaper and therefore lies.

IMO him and messi are equal technically, but ronaldo plays for a sh**ter team and with less decent players.

Also you can't say he only cares about himself, all he cares about is the team winning, in the UCL he celebrated with the team, his tears of joy show that he actually was happy the team won, even though he missed his penalty.

In terms of you saying he has a perfect tan and hair which makes him a d**head, you just sound jealous tbh? I don't think that's a real reason for him to not win the world player award, that he gels his hair.

Either way the award is worthless now, it's decided by FIFA so it's probably influenced by media, fixed or worse.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 09 Dec 2010, 01:51

Ability wise Messi and Ronaldo are on different planets. To put them as equals is a joke.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 09 Dec 2010, 02:04

ScottyBoy wrote:Ability wise Messi and Ronaldo are on different planets. To put them as equals is a joke.
Word..Amen..

and whats this thing of equally technicaly? even if A player does the same drills for the same period of time of B player, there is always gonna be a difference in technical capability... Messi is a better dribbler, passer, better touch, control, feel and change of pace than Ronaldo.. ... Ronaldo is a better shooter, and header and maybe 1 or other things .... The difference, Messi only needs what he has to score 45+ goals per season...he doesn't need to be a good headerer, (though he's pretty good), or have two feet, he can cut 2 and place it in the bottom corner all day and easily score crazy amounts of goals....

While Messi is around, Ronaldo is just gong to be the contendant to the best player in the world, and nothing more. Messi is younger and has more room for improvement, and is already better.
Last edited by panchester07 on 09 Dec 2010, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 09 Dec 2010, 02:13

I reckon you can check football manager to find out who his friends are. Its listed under his favourite people.

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 09 Dec 2010, 09:22

panchester07 wrote:Ronaldo is a confident, skilled selfish fu** who obsesses with goal and self-glory.. He doesn't want to win, he wants personal glory, Who did he celebrate when Man Utd won the UCL final? Alone in the pitch laying crying solo......

He's a joke, he'll live under Messi's shadow forever, Messi will be a team player with pasion for the game and still beat him statistically because Messi is better, and plays the game for the right way.. I swear, Becks use to get on my nerves, freaking metrosexual, but then I saw Ronaldo, like seriously? perfect tan, every game, no body fat, so self-centered, such huge ego, so much gel, the way he celebrates, seriously???? its not even cool to be that immature anymore

I've been seeing articles on Non-Madrilian papers all over the web, about the big division in the Real Madrid locker Rooom caused by Ronaldo's selfish, self-center, cocky, metrosexual attitude, and what not, and that he only makes friends with the portuguese speakers in the team(marceo pepe, carvalho) I said, hey, thats an exagerration, Madrid was doing fine untill the 5-0 trashing....... But did anyone see him celebrate his goal today? Did Benzema hug him? No... did Diarra cheer with him? Neu.... He ran to the bench, and hugged Pepe and Marcelo, Pepe stood up ran and hugged him same as marcelo, the comentators went : "Are those the only friends he has in Real Madrid? - It looks like it" .. Theres gotta be some recentment towars his bitchy attitude.
Dude, chill. I wasn't for one moment saying he should be up there because he has a good attitude or anything, I'm saying he should be up there for his ability, which is what the award is about, not personality.

And of course he wants to win, be that for himself or anyone else, he still wants to win, and that is one of the things I admire in him, especially when he was at United.

And don't think that I think that Ronaldo should win it, I think Messi should win it without a doubt, I'm just saying that based on Ronaldo last calander year, and his general footballing ability, that he deserves to be on the shortlist.

Met

Post by Met » 09 Dec 2010, 13:44

Back to the topic, Xavi should get the ball(on D'or) and pass it to Andres.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 09 Dec 2010, 16:13

Ward9310 wrote:
panchester07 wrote:Ronaldo is a confident, skilled selfish fu** who obsesses with goal and self-glory.. He doesn't want to win, he wants personal glory, Who did he celebrate when Man Utd won the UCL final? Alone in the pitch laying crying solo......

Dude, chill. I wasn't for one moment saying he should be up there because he has a good attitude or anything, I'm saying he should be up there for his ability, which is what the award is about, not personality.

And of course he wants to win, be that for himself or anyone else, he still wants to win, and that is one of the things I admire in him, especially when he was at United.

And don't think that I think that Ronaldo should win it, I think Messi should win it without a doubt, I'm just saying that based on Ronaldo last calander year, and his general footballing ability, that he deserves to be on the shortlist.
I wasn't at any moment stressed, or arguing with anybody, i was just speaking(typing) my mind about Ronaldo... I just can't stand him as you can see, but I do reckon he's a great player, just that I think he manipulates his stats and forces them by being so individualistic...

Ronaldo was definetly not gonna win it, he didn't have the best of seasons, neither with club or country, but we'll see this season, if he keeps up the good work, and madrid does good i can see him up there in the finalists...... We'll see, they final stages of league, and ucl are the ones that weigh the more so right now nothing is written in stone.. We'll just have to enjoy footy for now....... Can't wait till the UCL draw's... I woud love watching and Arsenal vs Madrid..... !!!!! or a Madrid vs Inter, would be very interesting test to madrid.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Jan 2011, 18:31

So im watching the Ballon d'or live, Mourinho got best manager award, he had Del Bosque and Guardiola next to him and didn't shake their hand... But went behind him to shake his players (inter and madrid) hand..

So, if they are awarding Mourinho, that won everything with club, are they gonna give it to Messi, who had the best club season of all?

Hmm..

Realistically it goes to xavi in my opinion..

puskas award goes to Altintop, nice volley goal vs Kazak... the goal keeper he scored on gave him the trophy, funny... Lio laughed hard..

LOL.... theres this weird european artists thats playing acustically in the piano, in the middle of the ceremony.. Rihanna's please don't stop the music... he sings intensely, and the camera man focuses Cristiano Ronaldo....as he's moving his body and singing...... FREAKING HOMO!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MESSI BALLON D' OR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :shock: :D :shock: :D

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 10 Jan 2011, 18:58

Nailed it man. Messi it is. I'm somewhat surprised based on his WC campaign but he killed it for Barcelona.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Jan 2011, 23:27

Unexpected...

Messi (22%), Iniesta (17%), Xavi (16%), Sneijder (14%), Forlán (8%), Ronaldo (4%), Casillas (3%), Villa (2%).

Jose Mourinho (35,9%), Vicente del Bosque (33,1%), Pep Guardiola (8,4%)

Its worth analyzing that the year that Spain won the World Cup, nor the Manager or best player are spanish...

Messi's numbers with barcelona in 2010....... 58 goals and 17 assists in 54 games, won 41 matches (76%)..

with argentina: 2 goals in 10 matches, 8 matches won..

to be fair it is for the best player of the year, and Messi has performed a scandalous 2010, remember the world cup last only 1 month..

Watching Messi play is delicious, it sucks for the Spanish which was there year, but if you honestly talk about the best, no doubt its Lio...

Visca Messi!! Visca D10S!!

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 11 Jan 2011, 01:28

I agree with panny, the World Cup IS only one month, and they have done right by awarding it to Messi, who was above and beyond, best player of the year. The ball should be given regardless of circumstance, so supposing you bag the winner in the WC (In Ineista's case) or the CL or BOTH or what have you, that shouldn't matter if you've had a sh*tty year. No matter how prestigious the tournament you win, one goal is one goal.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Juice

Post by Juice » 11 Jan 2011, 10:22

So just because the biggest cup a human being could participate in is only one month long, that it should not effect the results?
In that case Lampard should have been in the top 3, Drogba and Rooney aswell.

I personally think that Iniesta deserved it the most out of those three..

And correct me if im wrong? But did Puyol become the best wing-back?

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 11 Jan 2011, 12:35

Juice wrote:So just because the biggest cup a human being could participate in is only one month long, that it should not effect the results?
In that case Lampard should have been in the top 3, Drogba and Rooney aswell.
I always thought i had a firm grasp of what sarcasm was but i now find myself in a position where i have to ask. Is this sarcasm or are you being serious?

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 11 Jan 2011, 15:52

As much as I wanted Xavi or Don Andres to win this award, I really cant complain messi winning it. He killed it last season, scoring multiple hat-tricks and being one of the handful of people who have scored 4 goals in a champions league game. Also, this award is given to the best player of the year, which is much longer than the world cup.