FIFA Ballon D'or

Discuss and compare your favorite players
nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 08 Dec 2010, 05:55

^that's favortism. They are amazing at what they do but all around not a chance.
Passing they are better vision better controlling the speed of the game better.
However speed, headers, all shots, strength, free kicks all have to go to ronaldo. It's fairly even.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 08 Dec 2010, 07:41

^that's favortism. They are amazing at what they do but all around not a chance.
Passing they are better vision better controlling the speed of the game better.
However speed, headers, all shots, strength, free kicks all have to go to ronaldo. It's fairly even.
It really doesn't matter, because Xavi and Iniesta get the job done in big matches. Ronaldo doesn't. Doesn't matter who is better at heading or dribbling, they are the better players because they show up when it counts.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 08 Dec 2010, 15:29

xavi and iniesta are better team players, and they never dissapear, be it vs Panatinaicos, or the Uefa champions league final... Ronaldo is better technically in most aspects, but dissapearas in big matches (never has scored vs barcelona) and in reality i think he only scores because he shoots 10 times more than his teammates, from everywhere in the field possible, i really think teams would do better playing with 2 proper strikers, and with him that inspite of scoring, ends up doing more bad than good (imo)....very technical, very great player, but for some reason doesn't know when to do what, if he could use his skills the right way he woud be very good.. sadly, he wants to shoot all the time, and is way to selfish for a team like this.

when i play soccer, theres kids that are being selfish during matches, that want to score, shoot a lot, basicaly behaving like ronaldo etc, then we notice and we tel them to fu** off and play for the team, and they stop being selfish...... its like a stage in people's career or something, where you kind of want to score a lot and you shoot a lot and are extremely selfsih, a stage all players get over once they mature..... its so shocking that Ronaldo is beyond this that its not cool anymore, i think maybe we all where like this in one point but we get over it... he just doesn't understand, he's so obsessed with scoring its not even funny. Messi has 2 less goals, cause he played less, and like twice the amount of assists, son he'll pass him in goals, and assist, and he can go buy a box of kleenex and cry because he won win sh*t this year AGAIN...
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 08 Dec 2010, 15:55

Actually panch, messi is only a goal behind cronaldo in the league, unless you mean in all competitions.

I agree though. Xavi and Iniesta just worry about playing for the team. Same with Messi. They never speak of being the greatest or being remembered as legends. They simply focus on performing well for their team......which explains why 90% of their set-pieces are short passes, to resume the play quickly.

Cronaldo on the other hand isnt really in this for the art, but for the fame and the glory. He works hard and never gives up mostly so that he can become a legend. His team comes second.

Cronaldo was asked if he will win the award in 2008 and he said "i am the first, the second and the third best player"

If you ask Messi, xavi or iniesta the same question, they will avoid arrogant talk about them winning, hope one of the other two wins it and ultimately just praise the team.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 08 Dec 2010, 16:02

Actually panch, messi is only a goal behind cronaldo in the league, unless you mean in all competitions.
True, I forget that I shouldn't trust Marca.. They gave the freekick shot vs Real Sociedad which CLEARLY deflected off Pepe too him.... Same with As, though other sites, non Madrilian papers don't count it as a goal for him, but for Pepe....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Womis-dzAs (minute 1.07)

How could that count as a goal for Ronaldo??

Shahensa, is there any oficial website where you seen that they are just 1 goal away?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 08 Dec 2010, 16:16

So people are basically saying that because of his attitude, he shouldn't be considered? Even though he's scored 50 goals in the last year and got like 20 assists? Even though he is technically one of the best players in the world?!

fu**ing hell, wake up.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 08 Dec 2010, 16:26

Technically he's average. Vision wise, he's crap. As for passing, haha. Dribbling, ineffective and inefficient. Game intelligence, none. The only good thing he has is fitness and goalscoring.

He's basically just an advanced version of Van Nistelrooy. With reinforced twatiness.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 08 Dec 2010, 16:27

He was considered. It was just decided that Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were better this year.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 08 Dec 2010, 16:29

Wanderer wrote:Technically he's average. Vision wise, he's crap. As for passing, haha. Dribbling, ineffective and inefficient. Game intelligence, none. The only good thing he has is fitness and goalscoring.

He's basically just an advanced version of Van Nistelrooy. With reinforced twatiness.
You really need to watch a game of football you utter moron.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 08 Dec 2010, 16:31

like 20 assists? and you ask us to wake up? :lol:

man, xavi dominated the league in assists last season and he had around 15. The next in line was messi with 10. I dont understand how cronaldo had more assists than guti, especially when he was a bigger ball hog last season.

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 08 Dec 2010, 16:35

shahensha wrote:like 20 assists? and you ask us to wake up? :lol:

man, xavi dominated the league in assists last season and he had around 15. The next in line was messi with 10. I dont understand how cronaldo had more assists than guti, especially when he was a bigger ball hog last season.
Just checked Wiki, 13 assists in the last year, alright, not quite 20, but my point still stands.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 08 Dec 2010, 16:40

Ward9310 wrote:
shahensha wrote:like 20 assists? and you ask us to wake up? :lol:

Just checked Wiki, 13 assists in the last year, alright, not quite 20, but my point still stands.
Not quite, I think thats overall not just the league. If you consider overall then surely xavi has more than 15.

No one is saying cronaldo doesnt deserve the recognition of being an amazing player. Its just that there are others who deserve the recognition more, especially this time around.
panchester07 wrote:
True, I forget that I shouldn't trust Marca.. They gave the freekick shot vs Real Sociedad which CLEARLY deflected off Pepe too him.... Same with As, though other sites, non Madrilian papers don't count it as a goal for him, but for Pepe....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Womis-dzAs (minute 1.07)

How could that count as a goal for Ronaldo??

Shahensa, is there any oficial website where you seen that they are just 1 goal away?
easy question homie. cronaldo ALWAYS scores with his freekicks, because his technique is better than the rest :roll:

this is the website i used to see la liga stats
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/scor ... ga?cc=3888

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 08 Dec 2010, 16:50

Not quite, I think thats overall not just the league. If you consider overall then surely xavi has more than 15.

No one is saying cronaldo doesnt deserve the recognition of being an amazing player. Its just that there are others who deserve the recognition more.
Surely it doesn't matter that it's in all competitions? The award is based on all competitions.

And to address some earlier points about team play: I'm not trying to say that Ronaldo works for his team more than Xavi or Iniesta, far from it. I'm trying to say that he is outstanding in that he can somehow dig up a goal from anywhere. See his last season with United, neither Ronaldo or United were playing great, but he still managed to dig out goal after goal because of his desire to win.

This was the same last year, he tried so hard to be the best player he can be for club and country, and was incredibly successful in doing so.

When everyone's playing bad, Ronaldo can just get a goal from nowhere; he doesn't have to rely on the team around him. Now I'm not saying this is a great attitude, but in the end, I see this as one of his greatest assets.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 08 Dec 2010, 20:30

But the awards for the best male soccer player, if he spent more time worrying about his team instead of his hair and goal tally he'd probably get a lot more respect.

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

Post by Flyingmoose » 08 Dec 2010, 20:56

Ronaldo is brilliant, any one who says his technical skills are not that good is clearly not a player themselves. That being said, he is a horrible team player and I see what panchester says, that every one goes through that selfish stage and ronaldo is still there. I would probably kill ronaldo if he played on my team because he holds on to the ball until the last possible second before dumping it off on his teammates.