Page 4 of 5

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 12:59
by Rome_Leader
I think it's simply astounding how many people are saying Rooney pulled a 180 and decided to stay. That's not true; it was never his intention to leave, it was simply that he was greedy and wanted more money, and this was his way on conveying it to the higher-ups, rather than come right out and say "I think I should be paid more." This is the alternative he and his agent came up with. To question the "ability of the club to perform". No team wins more trophies than Manchester United, it must be said. They're going through a rough patch, so this is when he chooses to pounce.

As I've heard elsewhere, at the end of Rooney's five year contract, Ferguson will probably be gone. I think this is still a case of Fergie doing what's best for the team in buckling to Rooney's demands because the club needs him. He let Beckham go for the team's sake. Ronaldo go for the team's sake. But letting go Rooney would not do the team well, and he knows it. He paid up because the club needs Rooney this team; don't ever think the club's interests weren't at heart.

Posted: 24 Oct 2010, 20:36
by panchester07
I think it's simply astounding how many people are saying Rooney pulled a 180 and decided to stay.
Your entire parragraph is very true my lad, but who on here is saying he changed his mind and decided to stay¿ we all are saying it was a tactic from hisss agent!!!!!

And those who say otherwise, probably are new to the sport, or don't have too many brains between their ears:)

Posted: 25 Oct 2010, 00:24
by Rome_Leader
Never said that anyone on here was saying such things; of course EFers number among the most informed about football on the planet. ;) Just voicing my thoughts here.

I've heard plenty of news agencies (typically, Canadian or American ones) saying such things.

Posted: 04 Nov 2010, 18:38
by InterDeLaChance
You guys are effin crazy.. Y'all need to get off Rooney's sack. Players leave clubs all the time and Rooney is no exception. I wish he wouldn't have stayed. Seriously chill out on Rooney.

Posted: 04 Nov 2010, 18:46
by nick117
InterDeLaChance wrote:You guys are effin crazy.. Y'all need to get off Rooney's sack. Players leave clubs all the time and Rooney is no exception. I wish he wouldn't have stayed. Seriously chill out on Rooney.
What are you whining about? No one is on rooneys sack you should probably learn what that expression means. People are unhappy because he's being a money grubber and that's not typically respected by people.

Posted: 04 Nov 2010, 20:59
by InterDeLaChance
So a great player shouldn't try to get more money... That's interesting.

Posted: 04 Nov 2010, 22:13
by nick117
could you try and be a little more ignorant. If that's the whole reason you play and your willing to quit a club even though you have enough money to do whatever you want for the rest of your life if you played for $.02 a week then yeah it is bad.

Posted: 04 Nov 2010, 22:14
by Ward9310
InterDeLaChance wrote:So a great player shouldn't try to get more money... That's interesting.
No he shouldn't, he's playing at the highest level in the world, and his old contract before all this sh*t was £90K per week. Many people (including everyone on here) would play at that level for free.

Posted: 05 Nov 2010, 04:15
by InterDeLaChance
Ward9310 wrote:
InterDeLaChance wrote:So a great player shouldn't try to get more money... That's interesting.
No he shouldn't, he's playing at the highest level in the world, and his old contract before all this sh*t was £90K per week. Many people (including everyone on here) would play at that level for free.
Most people don't deserve to play at that level.. So yeah they would play there for free. You didn't prove any point there. He however does deserve to play at that level. He also felt he deserved the money. The club signed the contract so they obviously agree with him.

Nick- I haven't said anything arrogant. I also never said I would quit any club for any money. There's nothing wrong with quitting a club though. Maybe he just wanted a change.

Posted: 05 Nov 2010, 04:27
by nick117
Rooney admitted himself the only place he wants to be is england and theres only 1 team that would take him and that's man city. and it's not arrogant it's ignorant thanks for proving the point. The club only listened because he makes them money with his imagine and shirts his skill level isn't where it should be now. It's a disgusting act to lie and slander for money and it should not be rewarded.

Posted: 05 Nov 2010, 06:00
by InterDeLaChance
I'm not ignorant either. You're kind of a dick though for calling me things. Wow, he lied and slandered for money? That's a pretty harsh accusation. You have a habit of using harsh words.

Posted: 05 Nov 2010, 06:40
by Evan
Don't worry about Nick, he's a bit quick to throw the insults around. Probably just an angry child.

Back to the Rooney subject.

As much as I dislike Rooney and United, I have to say he needed to stay. IMO Sir Alex made him what he is today, and he owed the club. The drama that went on was quite humorous though. :lol:

Posted: 05 Nov 2010, 14:07
by InterDeLaChance
Evan wrote:Don't worry about Nick, he's a bit quick to throw the insults around. Probably just an angry child.

Back to the Rooney subject.

As much as I dislike Rooney and United, I have to say he needed to stay. IMO Sir Alex made him what he is today, and he owed the club. The drama that went on was quite humorous though. :lol:
I would have loved to see him play elsewhere though! I also don't buy into the whole he owed the club something. I feel like he played for them and they molded him and payed him and he can thank them for that and they can both move on.

Posted: 05 Nov 2010, 20:34
by nick117
Evan wrote:Don't worry about Nick, he's a bit quick to throw the insults around. Probably just an angry child.

Back to the Rooney subject.

As much as I dislike Rooney and United, I have to say he needed to stay. IMO Sir Alex made him what he is today, and he owed the club. The drama that went on was quite humorous though. :lol:
This from glory hunter evan who jumps from barca - madrid randomly. Who gets mad the moment you say anything about madrid haha.

Posted: 05 Nov 2010, 20:42
by klc123
Don't worry about Nick, he's a bit quick to throw the insults around. Probably just an angry child.
Nearly there, Evan.

Don't worry about anyone Inter, ignore everyone, pretty much everyone on this forum is a c**t, myself included.

Rooney didn't deserve more wages imo, he was brilliant for the first half of last season, then he got owned in the Bayern match and has been fairly sh*t ever since tbh, definitely doesn't warrant a massive wage.

I'm not gonna jump on the Hernandez band-wagon saying he is the best striker evar like all the dumbasses who think they understand football, but I will say that he is already a better goalscorer than Rooney ever was imo.