Official: Wayne Rooney wants to leave Manchester United

Discuss and compare your favorite players
jonpollock

Post by jonpollock » 22 Oct 2010, 13:31

guarantee now hes signed all these people saying they hate rooney and dont wanna see him in a red shirt again will suddenly love him and act like nothing happened, just as they did when ronaldo signed for that last year.

im not a manchester utd fan in anyway, but i have to agree with others saying they are slipping, theres no hiding it, they are stuck in a rut now and are having a little trouble. god im even sure fergie himself said there having a rough time now.

and the problem is there owners, just like the yanks at liverpool, this is meant in no offense to the americans, but both owners know sh*t all about football, they bought the clubs simply because they were money making machines, anything with man utd on will sell all round the world, thats THE only reason they bought the club, they didnt buy them to make them even bigger, infact id go as far to say manchester utd have actually dropped a lot since the glazers took over.

yes they are still winning things, but they are gonna struggle soon, and if rooney had left, that would of been the start of a man utd decline in my eyes. the team they have now is nothing compared to what they should have, been the club they are. thats seen in there signings theyve made, besides hernadez what other good player have utd signed recently??

bebe a homeless bloke playing in the Portuguese 3rd division.
smalling, quite possibly they most over paid cb for his rating, £14mil+ and for what exactly?? by the time he forces rio and vidic out, theyll be better players available for less.

and whoever said nani is becoming one of the best wingers in the world, are you honestly been serious?? or is that just manchester utd naivety creeping through as always,"oo fergie signs him he must be THE best ever". hes OK at best, he is getting better, but at his best, he still wouldnt make the top 20 wingers in the world. no chance at all. the problem with nani is he wants to be a carbon copy of ronaldo, but the fact is he doesnt have a shred of the skill and talent ronaldo does.

and this news with rooney proves exactly what sort of player he is, he only cares about money and nothing else, two days ago he wanted out because in his eyes man utd werent bringing in good talent to keep them up as the worlds biggest club, to make sure they continue to win trophies, however today they double his contract to £180,000 a week and he suddenly changes his mind.

im not a fan of rooney, all this crap about him been the saviour of english football is bull, hes over rated and over paid, its taken him 8 years to finally get a 20 goal season, some saviour that is eh, id of let him go with the drab performances hes putting in this season, yet he still makes it in the national squad despite there been better players than him currently, darren bent springs to mind, plays for sunderland and still matches rooney for goals last season, you tell me which one is worth the money.
SigByMe

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 22 Oct 2010, 14:03

and whoever said nani is becoming one of the best wingers in the world, are you honestly been serious?? or is that just manchester utd naivety creeping through as always,"oo fergie signs him he must be THE best ever". hes OK at best, he is getting better, but at his best, he still wouldnt make the top 20 wingers in the world. no chance at all. the problem with nani is he wants to be a carbon copy of ronaldo, but the fact is he doesnt have a shred of the skill and talent ronaldo does.
That was me, and yes, I'm deadly serious.

At his best, he is one of the best wingers in the world, and if you don't see this, then you obviously haven't been watching him for the last 10 months, he's been sensational. I saw a stat the other day, and it was something like in the last 30 games Nani has played, he has been responsible for 30 goals (Assists/goals).

And what's this sh*t about him wanting to be a carbon copy of Ronaldo? Their styles of play are always going to be somewhat similar, BECAUSE THEY ARE WINGERS, but Nani has his own style of doing things, and is more of a winger, whereas Ronaldo plays as more of a forward.

Again, if you think that he's not even in the top 20 in the world, then for fu** sake, open your eyes and watch a game of football, instead of having your opinion of players from other places.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 22 Oct 2010, 14:21

they're like a happy family again.

I literally laughed out loud when I saw this story. I'm somewhat relieved. Hopefully this extra money gives him some motivation to actually start playing at the level he's getting paid at now.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 22 Oct 2010, 14:28

More like its got something to do with the angry mob outside his house, thats why he signed :lol:
i was made to ignite

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 22 Oct 2010, 16:50

Some topic on predictions a while ago, ratherton said:
Biggest Drama of The Season
Anything I say won't beat real life

Preach my man :D

jonpollock

Post by jonpollock » 22 Oct 2010, 17:01

Ward9310 wrote:At his best, he is one of the best wingers in the world, and if you don't see this, then you obviously haven't been watching him for the last 10 months, he's been sensational. I saw a stat the other day, and it was something like in the last 30 games Nani has played, he has been responsible for 30 goals (Assists/goals).

And what's this sh*t about him wanting to be a carbon copy of Ronaldo? Their styles of play are always going to be somewhat similar, BECAUSE THEY ARE WINGERS, but Nani has his own style of doing things, and is more of a winger, whereas Ronaldo plays as more of a forward.

Again, if you think that he's not even in the top 20 in the world, then for fu** sake, open your eyes and watch a game of football, instead of having your opinion of players from other places.
i watch every game of football i possibly can, so i have watched him, from when he finally started picking up last season against arsenal, i believe it was, when he went on a run and did the chop inside to score, right to the champions league this week when he scored the only goal.

so you believe that every winger in the world is exactly the same then, just because there a winger?? well straight off the bat ronaldo and messi play nothing alike, neither does robben, ribery, biabiany, barnetta, walcott, etc what im saying is because he has been shown as the successor to ronaldo from the start, hes copied ronaldo to almost a tee, he moved like ronaldo, for a time he even copied his EXACT free kick method, the breathing and the step up to hit the ball, its only in the past couple weeks hes finally stopped wanting to be him, and you can at last see nani playing as nani.

however the debate on him been one of the best in the world is ludicrous, he hasnt been sensational for 10 months, he goes up and down more than anyone, if i remember rightly everyone praised him for his performance against arsenal, then the next couple of games they basically said he might as well of not bothered turning up, im pretty sure consistency is a key part to be classed as one of the best in the world. you know thats why ronaldo got it for been good all season long, not just here and there or when he felt like it.

nani is in the top 5 in the premier league no doubt, but in my eyes GARETH BALE is a far superior winger to nani and hes actually a left back, this is proven by the fact over the same 10 months hes basically taken the piss of every defence hes played against, including scoring 3 goals against inter milan.

now this one will probably have everyone gunning for me, jonas who plays for newcastle, is more consistent than nani, been a newcastle fan ive watched him from day one closely, and when he plays the whole of the team react better around him, he brings a spark to newcastle, hes revived them so many times last season coming on as a sub, and a couple times this season too.

only utd fans would say hes one of the best in the world right now, theres no doubting theres a hell of a lot of potential in him, but hes ateast 3/4 years from been in top 5 in the world in my opinion.
SigByMe

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 22 Oct 2010, 18:38

Does anybody, have any doubt in there mind, that Wayne Rooney and his agent just played the oldest trick in the book, to get a higher salary, and a new contract? Tuesday it sounds like he's leaving for good, and Friday he's signing for 5 years, "delighted" to sign?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

jonpollock

Post by jonpollock » 22 Oct 2010, 19:13

without a doubt, ronaldo did same, got a massive pay increase then left year later, they did it with modric too, his agent made up all the contract talks with newcastle just to get other clubs in on the action.

the worst of it is, rooney could have his new contract now, earn £180k a week then leave in the summer, i think they should change it now in football, so if you sign a contract for 5 years you HAVE to stay there for 5 years, you want out early you have to pay like a cancelation fee, just like we all have to do to cancel anything we sign up for, like mobile phones and gyms and stuff.
SigByMe

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 22 Oct 2010, 20:24

Even if he leaves in the summer the huge hike in price with a new contract would more than make up for the extra salary.

mrbeankid22

Post by mrbeankid22 » 23 Oct 2010, 01:01

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=3888

Rooney won't be going anywhere after all.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 23 Oct 2010, 01:30

thats the biggest bag of bullhit i ever heard.. nani and ronaldo are both portuguee, wingers, and from the sporting academy, so they have similarities, but in my opinion nani has better control, and doen't rely so much on speed and phyicality to beat players like Ronaldo does... Nani has like 97% success rate while taking on players, he is a very lethal winger that causes lots of danger, and his plays result in goals... he's young, and he will mature some more, like fabregas did in Arsenal, like Ronaldo did in Man U, he will mature and polish himself, as he become more key in man u, he will grow... He isn't Robben, or Messi (if you call him a winger), but he's top 12 of the world on anybody's book.... Top 5 of the premier league... He's better than Valencia for sure..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

mrbeankid22

Post by mrbeankid22 » 23 Oct 2010, 03:31

On his day, Nani is one of the top 5 wingers in the world. The problem with him ever since he joined United has been consistency. He has been very positive this season, and if he can continue to mature, he will become one of United's most valued players. At least Nani decided to drop the matching boots (Ronaldo).

jonpollock

Post by jonpollock » 23 Oct 2010, 10:45

mrbeankid22 wrote:On his day, Nani is one of the top 5 wingers in the world. The problem with him ever since he joined United has been consistency. He has been very positive this season, and if he can continue to mature, he will become one of United's most valued players. At least Nani decided to drop the matching boots (Ronaldo).
you know its since he lost the vapors that ive actually been noticing him become more of himself than trying to follow ronaldo.

but i still wont think of him as top in the world for a long time yet, there are so many better and consistent wingers out there at the minute, a lot of em are younger and getting better quicker, like pedro, bojan when they play him as a winger, coutinho, bale, theres a couple people right there who are consistently better than nani, without then mentioning the BIG names of wingers in the football world.

theres no doubt in the next few years he will get better if he gets football, and he will be one of the best, his only problem is he needs to make sure every week hes putting in good/amazing performances, because thats one of the only things that lets him down. consistency.
SigByMe

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 23 Oct 2010, 17:13

Pablo Hernandez and Deigo Perotti are also young up and coming talented wingers.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 24 Oct 2010, 08:34

shahensha wrote:Pablo Hernandez and Deigo Perotti are also young up and coming talented wingers.
Mata is quite deadly on the wing aswell.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.