Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 20 Oct 2010, 23:36

to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 21 Oct 2010, 00:55

"Sir Alex Ferguson is to hold a meeting with David Gill at 10am on Thursday morning in an attempt to "put to bed" the developing saga around Wayne Rooney's future.

Rooney released a statement shortly before United's match with Bursaspor on Wednesday night, reiterating what Sir Alex confirmed on Tuesday - that he does not want to sign a new contract.

But the United boss says he doesn't want the issue to affect the team and says he will decide the club's next plan of action on Thursday morning.

"I have a meeting at 10am with David [Gill], who has spoken to the owners tonight," he said. "We don’t want this to carry on. We don’t want it to become a saga. We’ve got the team to consider and an important game on Sunday. It’ll be the end of it tomorrow.

"If we carry on talking about one individual, dominating all of the headlines and all of our thoughts, then we're not doing our job. Nipping it in the bud is the key to it and that's what we'll do." -man utd.com

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 21 Oct 2010, 00:57

So if i understood properly, they decide tomorrow if he stays or leaves, being highly probable that he leaves in january?

If that bastard leaves i don't wanna see him playing, infact why don't we get Vidic to injure him so he doesn't even train, ungrateful dumb bitch

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 21 Oct 2010, 01:22

panchester07 wrote:So if i understood properly, they decide tomorrow if he stays or leaves, being highly probable that he leaves in january?

If that bastard leaves i don't wanna see him playing, infact why don't we get Vidic to injure him so he doesn't even train, ungrateful dumb bitch
Supposedly he is leaving because we didn't sign enough world class players, he is mad because united is doing what they have done for the last ever which is using their academy and youth you know like how Ronaldo and Rooney got to where they are today. Let the bastard leave if he doesn't want to be here we can take the 80 million real Madrid throws around and fix some more problems.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 21 Oct 2010, 04:42

Ronaldo and Rooney aren't examples of "their academy" or "their youth", they're other teams academy and youth bought at a smart time. Why stay on a sinking ship? SAF isn't gonna be around for ever and looking at the squad and financial situation of the club the future isn't too bright.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 21 Oct 2010, 04:47

2brown347 wrote:Ronaldo and Rooney aren't examples of "their academy" or "their youth", they're other teams academy and youth bought at a smart time. Why stay on a sinking ship? SAF isn't gonna be around for ever and looking at the squad and financial situation of the club the future isn't too bright.
oh really rooney was bought at 18 if that isn't youth explain to me what is. Ronaldo was also an unpolished gem of a player. Yes he had some talent and a good practice work rate but at united he became the best in the world if only for a brief period of time.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 21 Oct 2010, 04:59

nick117 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:Ronaldo and Rooney aren't examples of "their academy" or "their youth", they're other teams academy and youth bought at a smart time. Why stay on a sinking ship? SAF isn't gonna be around for ever and looking at the squad and financial situation of the club the future isn't too bright.
oh really rooney was bought at 18 if that isn't youth explain to me what is. Ronaldo was also an unpolished gem of a player. Yes he had some talent and a good practice work rate but at united he became the best in the world if only for a brief period of time.
I feel to be their youth implies they built him, he was 16 and already making waves as a player, it wasn't much of a risk buying him. It's already been said, but where is Man U's future? Nani? Anderson? Bebe? they're all players (well Nani is) that can hold their own on a Championship team, but none are the kind of player needed to carry them over the top. They're a respectable cast but have no stars, except Rooney, who they didn't treat right so he left. I'm just surprised how fast everyone's turning on him while they continued to support other players who left simply for money

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 21 Oct 2010, 05:04

Just curious who are you referencing in leaving for money?

On another note Nani is a good talent he should bring 10-15 goals at least a year while it's not world class he is bigger than a squad player. United still has a good back line and a good future in 2 years or so rafael vidic maybe ferdinand(more likely someone else) and fabio or evra will still be a classy back line

Nani anderson fletcher and who knows obertan valencia someone will still make up a good midfield.

as for forward macheda rooney berbatov etc (assuming rooney stays) will still be a very strong squad the only problem right now is the debt if that can be pushed back to the point where interest isn't sucking up 3/4ths of the profit the club will start growing again.

There are only 2 teams in the world that might present a better situation
Barcelona and real Madrid and even still if he left in January he is cup tied for the major tournaments he would be interested in.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 21 Oct 2010, 05:11

I'm referring to any player who left not because he isn't getting the time, money (a deserved amount), respect, or squad that he should but with all that wanted even more and left for money.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 21 Oct 2010, 19:12

haha according to you the ship's been sinking since forever, but if check properly 3 leagues, 2 champions league finals, and other trophies in 4 years isn't exactly sinking... turn your biased down

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 21 Oct 2010, 19:18

panchester07 wrote:So if i understood properly, they decide tomorrow
if he stays or leaves, being highly probable that he leaves in january?

Scholesy got there before Vidic!!

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 23,00.html
Wayne Rooney's ankle was injured in training on Tuesday following a tackle by Paul Scholes, according to reports.

As if Sir Alex Ferguson's extraordinary press briefing wasn't sufficient backpage fodder for one day, Rooney was stretchered
off from training just hours before the Manchester United boss confirmed the striker wanted to leave Old Trafford.

Other than ruling the player out of the tie with Bursaspor, United have given no indication as to the severity of Rooney's latest ankle problem.

However, The Times reports that 'Rooney was later spotted walking on crutches' and claims the injury was a result of 'a tackle by Paul Scholes'.
Anyway, here's what I think on the whole Rooney thing.

I'm a huge Manchester United fan, have been since I could play football, and I've never despised a player for United, not even Ronaldo, when he wanted out. But Wayne fu**ing Rooney takes the piss.

Who the fu** does he think he is? Fergie has done everything for him, advice, financial help, help with his personal life, help as a footballer, the list goes on. But no, he's above that, after everything we've done for him, he thinks it's right and justified to say that he wants to leave because he has no assurance over the future squad.

So Wayne, does Fergie have to run every transfer by you to get your say so? When was the last time we bought a world class player? We are Manchester United, we don't buy world class players, we make them.

And what a kick in the teeth for your team mates as well! Basically saying that they're not up to it, and you don't trust them.

Lack of ambition? When Fergie was asked about this last night he said this:
Lack of ambition? What is it, 30 trophies I've won here?
fu** off Wayne Rooney, you're not fit to wear the red of Manchester United the way you've treated our club in the past few days. I hope I never see you in a United shirt again.

EDIT:
It's already been said, but where is Man U's future? Nani?
You're kidding right? Have you not been watching Nani since January? He's easily our best attacking threat and is quickly becoming one of the best wingers in the world. Honestly, if you think that he's only Championship level then you need your head looking at.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 21 Oct 2010, 22:29

Not bias, I'll hate it if Man U takes the root that Liverpool is, but if you look at their situation it is quite possible. I really don't have any dislike toward Man U, though I like other teams more. What I have said though is that Man U has a squad that isn't to the level of other championship teams, and the squad (IMO) is getting a little worse every year. They still have the quality and coaching to be on top, but I don't see any real effort to maintain that quality right now.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 22 Oct 2010, 00:13

Wasn't Rooney used by Man Utd. as a marketing tool?

Did they really care about him or did they just try to keep him happy so they could use him more to sell shirts and fill the stands?

They plastered his face everywhere for Christ sake. He was praised as the white Pele and all this other sh*t. He was a great player and now he wants to move on.

Now who is Man Utd. gonna use as the next poster boy to fill the stands/sell shirts?

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 22 Oct 2010, 03:35

Croatianblood1 wrote:Wasn't Rooney used by Man Utd. as a marketing tool?

Did they really care about him or did they just try to keep him happy so they could use him more to sell shirts and fill the stands?

They plastered his face everywhere for Christ sake. He was praised as the white Pele and all this other sh*t. He was a great player and now he wants to move on.

Now who is Man Utd. gonna use as the next poster boy to fill the stands/sell shirts?
To be fair, they could have picked a better looking marketing tool. Maybe this is their chance! ;)
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 22 Oct 2010, 11:52

I don't fu**ing believe this, just been announced in the last few minutes:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 44,00.html
Wayne Rooney has agreed a new five-year deal at Manchester United to end days of feverish speculation over his future at Old Trafford.

It was revealed by Sir Alex Ferguson on Tuesday that Rooney had refused to pen fresh terms and had stated his desire to leave the club.

The England international, who would have been out of contract at the end of next season, confirmed that stance on Wednesday, releasing a statement questioning United's ambition.

From there it appeared to be a foregone conclusion that he would on his way in the January transfer window, despite claims from Ferguson that the offer of a new deal still stood.

Reports suggested that Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea and even arch-rivals Manchester City were keen to raid United for their prized asset, with big-money bids believed to be in the pipeline.
Intensity

However, talks between the United board, Ferguson and Rooney's representatives have continued for the last couple of days and an agreement has been thrashed out.

Instead of bracing himself for an imminent departure, Rooney has now signed a new deal which will keep him at Old Trafford until the summer of 2015.

An understandably delighted Ferguson, who never wanted to lose the 24-year-old frontman, told United's official website: "It's been a difficult week, but the intensity of the coverage is what we expect at Manchester United.

"I said to the boy that the door is always open and I'm delighted Wayne has agreed to stay.

"Sometimes, when you're in a club, it can be hard to realise just how big it is and it takes something like the events of the last few days to make you understand. I think Wayne now understands what a great club Manchester United is.

"I'm pleased he has accepted the challenge to guide the younger players and establish himself as one of United's great players. It shows character and belief in what we stand for.

"I'm sure everyone involved with the Club will now get behind Wayne and show him the support he needs to produce the performances we know he is capable of."

Belief

Rooney has also spoken out, backtracking on his earlier statement by insisting that he is fully committed to the United cause and confident that he can enjoy many more years of success at Old Trafford.

The forward, who celebrates his 25th birthday on Sunday, said: "I'm delighted to sign another deal at United.

"In the last couple of days, I've talked to the manager and the owners and they've convinced me this is where I belong. I said on Wednesday the manager's a genius and it's his belief and support that have convinced me to stay.

"I'm signing a new deal in the absolute belief that the management, coaching staff, board and owners are totally committed to making sure United maintains its proud winning history - which is the reason I joined the club in the first place.

"I'm sure the fans over the last week have felt let down by what they've read and seen. But my position was from concern over the future. The fans have been brilliant with me since I arrived and it's up to me through my performances to win them over again."