who do you wanna play like?, who do u admire?

Discuss and compare your favorite players
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 05 Oct 2010, 09:59

Ronaldo is coppyable .. you can do a series of drills and youll be like ronaldo

you can do the exact same thing messi did, or maradona and you wont ever play like them
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 05 Oct 2010, 15:30

What is the difference between Messi and Ronaldo? I mean obviously one is better and they have very different playing styles, but why is one copyable and one not? :roll:

Goodfight.

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Post by ImpossibleIsNothing6 » 06 Oct 2010, 03:42

^ Good question ..

D10

Post by D10 » 06 Oct 2010, 03:56

I see exactly what Panchester is talking about.

The deal with Messi and Maradona, possible even George Best. These players seem to just waltz past opponents, where as Ronaldo is always doing a lot with his feet. Ronaldo hardly shows a 'Gambeta', the Gambeta is a Argentinian word for slalom dribbling around numerous opponents at one time. Lionel, Diego and George all have this trait, mind you in my opinion Cristiano is technically better and has quicker feet.

I admire Lionel Messi, Ronaldinho, Diego Maradona, Geroge Best, Cristiano Ronaldo, Denilson, Zidane, Ribery, Robben, David Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, Tevez, Sergio Augero, Diego Forlan, Robinho and Lavezzi. I would not like to play exactly like any of these players, however a combination of their many styles would be a perfect player in my opinion.

leonardo23
Sophomore Member

Post by leonardo23 » 06 Oct 2010, 07:24

i think ronaldo may look copyable because when you watch him playing you see easily what he is doing(stepovers, quick feet, etc) and whn you watch messi you just see how he runs with the ball across the opponents, but you don't see something specific to mimic, thats why ronaldo is more easily copyable but his quicknes, endurance, power, technique, and style is nearly to impossible to match, you may think with some drills u can copy him but the quality is a much more important thing than just doing it fast.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 06 Oct 2010, 07:30

leonardo23 wrote:i think ronaldo may look copyable because when you watch him playing you see easily what he is doing(stepovers, quick feet, etc) and whn you watch messi you just see how he runs with the ball across the opponents, but you don't see something specific to mimic, thats why ronaldo is more easily copyable but his quicknes, endurance, power, technique, and style is nearly to impossible to match, you may think with some drills u can copy him but the quality is a much more important thing than just doing it fast.
Good point that - you can copy but you cannot necessarily match, which I think is what is confusing some :P
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 06 Oct 2010, 16:30

I agree, that's an interesting point actually.

Everything Ronaldo does, he seems to make it look easy. After watching a few of his long range goals and free kicks, anyone could be mistaken into thinking they could go out and hit a few like that if they tried.

The most under rated skill is the step over imo, he does is to such quality and to such speed, to replicate at that level would take a hell of a lot of practice, and I think you could match him, because he got to that level in the first place by practice, but as I said, it would be a hell of a lot of work.

I also think that Messi is very much the same case, the close ball control he has, he makes it look simple, when in reality if you try running at that speed with the ball that closely, you are more likely to fall over then go past players. I think Messi's skill could be replicated because he is only as good as he is because of practice and experience, nothing else.

In terms of playing like him, kids on the play ground can try and play like Ronaldo or Messi, but whether or not they will actually play like them to the same quality and skill level is a completely different story.

Either way I'm against trying to play like other players, learn from others, create your own.

D10

Post by D10 » 07 Oct 2010, 03:04

klc123 wrote:I agree, that's an interesting point actually.

Everything Ronaldo does, he seems to make it look easy. After watching a few of his long range goals and free kicks, anyone could be mistaken into thinking they could go out and hit a few like that if they tried.

The most under rated skill is the step over imo, he does is to such quality and to such speed, to replicate at that level would take a hell of a lot of practice, and I think you could match him, because he got to that level in the first place by practice, but as I said, it would be a hell of a lot of work.

I also think that Messi is very much the same case, the close ball control he has, he makes it look simple, when in reality if you try running at that speed with the ball that closely, you are more likely to fall over then go past players. I think Messi's skill could be replicated because he is only as good as he is because of practice and experience, nothing else.

In terms of playing like him, kids on the play ground can try and play like Ronaldo or Messi, but whether or not they will actually play like them to the same quality and skill level is a completely different story.

Either way I'm against trying to play like other players, learn from others, create your own.
This.

Alan88
Sophomore Member

Post by Alan88 » 08 Oct 2010, 07:45

I will be happy if can be on the same field with any pros... ANY!!!

But I will die in happiness if have the opportunity to play with Ronaldinho... :D ...

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 21 Oct 2010, 23:30

I would love to play like Gareth Bale. He has the perfect balance of speed, agility and control with the ball and hes got a nasty left foot. did anyone see this guy't hatrick against inter milan?

anyways i also admire players like Arda Turan, Neymar, Messi, Modric

InterDeLaChance
Sophomore Member

Post by InterDeLaChance » 05 Nov 2010, 06:06

I want to play like Chiellini. Great defender in my opinion.

Tweety369
New User

Post by Tweety369 » 19 Jan 2011, 07:39

I admire Caroline Wozniacki. She is a top-ranked woman in tennis. Also she has won six tournaments last year which she has participated.

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Post by ImpossibleIsNothing6 » 19 Jan 2011, 09:37

Tennis? Wrong website I'm afraid to tell you.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 19 Jan 2011, 11:53

lmfao

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 19 Jan 2011, 14:10

It might be the wrong website, but that Wozniacki chick is hot as hell.. Great candidate for the "when it comes to girls" thread, plus she's athlete like me... I love her, she's gorgeous..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'