who do you wanna play like?, who do u admire?

Discuss and compare your favorite players
leonardo23
Sophomore Member

who do you wanna play like?, who do u admire?

Post by leonardo23 » 24 Sep 2010, 20:15

hi i want to know who is(are) that player or players you look to play like, who you admire and why. here are mines:
when i was younger i always admire henry, then Beckham and zidane, i just love how they use to played, from them i've learned more from beckham, but know my current inspiration, is fernando Torres and cristiano, fernando cause thats how i would like to play and cristiano because i'm more his style and i admire his physique i wanna be like him, he is fast, muscle, strong agile, i admire that he is the first arriving and the last leaving, that he trains hard and has mentality, i know he's not playing well, and he is taking wrong decisions but i still look him as a great example i also look for cristiano and Torres as a physique and weight objective because they are my same height and body type(hectomesomorpheus)
A CHAMPION IS SOMEONE WHO GETS UP, EVEN WHEN HE CANT

SOME PEOPLE DREAM OF SUCCES, OTHERS STAY AWAKE TO ACHIEVE IT

PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

brasil_soccer9

Post by brasil_soccer9 » 25 Sep 2010, 01:38

I guess it's pretty obvious since I have a picture of him, but I would want to play like Ronaldo (Brasil). He was amazing in his prime, how he scored his goals and dribbled ... just awesome.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 25 Sep 2010, 03:13

I wanna play like Pedro. Small but quick little guy, equally good with both feet, and he just has a sleek style about his play.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 25 Sep 2010, 04:00

David Beckham has been my idol ever since I started playing, so there are some elements of my game that I've modelled on him. I also love Zidane and Kaka, so I've taken aspects of their dribbling and put it into my game :)
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 25 Sep 2010, 05:00

I wanna dribble like Messi, pass like Xavi, control a game like Zidane, finish like Ronaldo(original), have a technique like Iniesta, head like Cahill and tackle like Mascherano.

And while we're at that, wanna have the tactical nous of Cruyff, the magic of Ronaldinho, the inspiration of Maradona, the stamina of Gerrard, the strength of Drogba, and the speed of Eto'o.

gascoigne67

Post by gascoigne67 » 25 Sep 2010, 08:43

Wanderer wrote:I wanna dribble like Messi, pass like Xavi, control a game like Zidane, finish like Ronaldo(original), have a technique like Iniesta, head like Cahill and tackle like Mascherano.

And while we're at that, wanna have the tactical nous of Cruyff, the magic of Ronaldinho, the inspiration of Maradona, the stamina of Gerrard, the strength of Drogba, and the speed of Eto'o.
So your saying you want to play like Gazza? haha

I like to play like Gazza and Stevie G.

dasfootball90

Post by dasfootball90 » 01 Oct 2010, 23:55

Robinho is who i wanna play like
even though I can't really be like him exactly
but if i continue practice, my dream could come true

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 02 Oct 2010, 00:27

Be inspired by a player, aspire to be better.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 Oct 2010, 06:09

Ronaldoo, the original one... Just dumbfounded by his capabilities...

If I could be some type of right footed Maradona that would be crazy..but there wont ever be another one like him..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 02 Oct 2010, 12:57

There won't if you have that attitude. The only difference between him and you is hours of practice. Nothing more, nothing less.

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

Post by Flyingmoose » 02 Oct 2010, 22:12

klc123 wrote:There won't if you have that attitude. The only difference between him and you is hours of practice. Nothing more, nothing less.
Actually there is. If your going to aspire to become ronaldo you need more than practice.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 03 Oct 2010, 00:46

Depending on which Ronaldo, a sex change may be required. Nah Jk.

How do you mean? I meant in terms of been good at football, obviously if you want to BE him you might near a hair cut and to sunbathe for a while and have someone attack your teeth with appliers, but on a technical level, the only difference is hours and hours of practice.

I don't believe players are born with a footballing gift, I believe they are born into a life where they practice so much, that they create their gifts.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 03 Oct 2010, 03:01

klc123 wrote:There won't if you have that attitude. The only difference between him and you is hours of practice. Nothing more, nothing less.
And your telling me this ? Of course I know that, but even if i do the exact same thing that maradona did to train, I wouldn't ever play like him.. I would be really fu**in good, but never another maradona, never play identical to him.. thats what i meant.. football legends like him, you can do the exact same thing that he did, and you'd never play close to him...he's his own player, and i'm my own player...

if you do the exact same thing that maradona did, you'd never play like him.. don't fool yourself... you can be really good but you'll never be like him.. he's the fu**ing best ever... you can become really really good, but never like him.. he's a combination of gifts of nature, passion, work, etc, but he has an amazing amount of natural talent.. his height included.

I know that if you practice you'll get might good, and everybody here knows that, i wasn't quite talking about that, rather that maradona was a special different player, that besides training his anus off, has a combination of genetical gifts, passion, and balls, a combination of factors that created his unique self and player...... there wont ever be anybody else like him, all im doing is worshiping the greatest player ever (imo), so the practice part is lots of bolony... we all know that..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 03 Oct 2010, 05:04

Theres no player I'd really like to mimic, but there are certain traits of some players i wish i had. For example, the temperament of Roy Keane, or the confidence/presence Eric Cantona had.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 03 Oct 2010, 13:47

panchester07 wrote:
And your telling me this ?
I actually laaaave it.

Anyway, are you talking about ability or personality, or playing style.

Messi plays similar to Maradona, and some say his ability could be on par with him or even better some day, but obviously his personality is very very different.

Obviously no two players are going to have the same attitude and personality because no two humans have that in common, not even twins.

I thought the point of this was to say who do you admire and who would you like to play like on the field?

If you are saying it is impossible to play like another player, then your mistaken, you can see many young players that purposely play like C Ronaldo. I'm not saying this is a good thing, because I like you think every player should be their own player.

Going back to my main point however, the only difference between Maradona's ability and your ability is that he practised more than you. Nothing else.

There is no "football" gene, and even if there was it wouldn't have a significant enough impact to define between the worlds greatest and no hopers, so "natural" ability is false.

Guud figh-Ta!