Paul Scholes

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 19 Aug 2010, 15:42

Both Scholes and Gerrard are fantastic players.....

However, Scholes doesn't dive.

Sorry Stevie G :wink:

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 19 Aug 2010, 19:26

Croatianblood1 wrote:Both Scholes and Gerrard are fantastic players.....

However, Scholes doesn't dive.

Sorry Stevie G :wink:

True, the hypocrite.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 19 Aug 2010, 20:36

klc123 wrote:I just got back from turkey and only just found out that Ozil is signed for Real.

Ferguson pisses me off, I can see manchester dropping out of the top 2 this season.
Going back to this comment you must be a child. SIGN EVERY BIG STAR LINKED WITH US NOW. Listen manchester united beat a very good chelsea side 3-1 and as we all well know manchester united is not known for starting well. We have also just dismantled newcastle confidently just because he dosen't buy every star you want dosen't mean they will drop out.

Back on topic one thing scholes brings to a team along with everything that has been said is his personal shooting. While xavi is a mastermind with the ball and passing scholes and his ability to volley and shooting in general have made him great. (not saying he is better than xavi)

gascoigne67

Post by gascoigne67 » 20 Aug 2010, 06:34

Sorry forum and Ward.

Browns right im being stubborn. We have our own opinions. Id be keen to challenge your three points but haha.

Anyway im a pool boy and your Man U. Its what we do isnt it?

Croationblood. That was a penalty...chimone!

Dear klc, see Englands latest game.

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 20 Aug 2010, 10:43

Anyway im a pool boy and your Man U. Its what we do isnt it?
True, opinions were always going to differ, and everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 20 Aug 2010, 15:24

Erm nick, hate to break it to you but in both the games United won, I heard Scholes pretty much won the game on his own by playing master class performances.

That's great, but when you factor in Scholes cannot play every game for a full season...Also in the next few years he will be retiring, we are still yet to replace Roy Keane...

Ozil would be the most natural replacement for Scholes, as he is very likely to be a world class player one day, and he plays a very similar role to Scholes.

Don't try to be condescending to me, really, it will just blow up in your face.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 20 Aug 2010, 17:36

aww temper boys angry. I hear that united has more than one midfielder in the works confirm/deny? exactly sure replacing a legend if possible won't be done overnight however what have you learned from doubting sir alex if nothing but he rarely makes mistakes and second that real madrid rarely lose someone because bidding wars with them never work except maybe for man city.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 20 Aug 2010, 17:54

I agree in principle with Nick. When have you ever known Real to be outbid for a player they really wanted? Their capital is too large, and their willingness to offer crazy sums unparalleled. Sir Alex knows how much a player is valued to his team, and United is already struggling with debt - he likely knows better than to push too hard.

When has a signing ever been a complete disaster for you with him at the helm? SAF has a reputation for never putting one player before the team, and insisting that he can move on without big stars. He's done it in the past with Cantona and Beckham, and in present day without Ronaldo and maybe Tevez, you could argue... He still put up a title challenge. Very poor to say the stalwart of your club for 24 years who has brought you so much 'pisses you off' because he didn't sign a talent. Think of all the others he's brought you, and the glory.

It's said one of the cardinal rules of transfers is "Don't buy following big tournaments." The player may be hot, but it is more than likely he will suffer due to pressures and fatigue unless he is one in a million. Better to go with a safer bet.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 20 Aug 2010, 17:58

Whats wrong with Fletcher and Carrick in the midfield, Valencia and Nani on the wings? worked well for a midfield in the best part of the last season.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 20 Aug 2010, 22:26

I agree with rome, unless that safer bet is a striker from a lower division team that you pay 7 mil for without ever seeing play because your Portuguese coaching contacts told you he's a prospect :lol:

gascoigne67

Post by gascoigne67 » 20 Aug 2010, 23:02

klc123 wrote:Erm nick, hate to break it to you but in both the games United won, I heard Scholes pretty much won the game on his own by playing master class performances.

That's great, but when you factor in Scholes cannot play every game for a full season...Also in the next few years he will be retiring, we are still yet to replace Roy Keane...

Ozil would be the most natural replacement for Scholes, as he is very likely to be a world class player one day, and he plays a very similar role to Scholes.

Don't try to be condescending to me, really, it will just blow up in your face.
Similar positons? Isnt Ozil an attacking midfielder/ winger.

I always saw Scholes as holding type, not defensive mid but holding

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 20 Aug 2010, 23:47

Thats what I was thinking.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 21 Aug 2010, 00:21

:lol:

Very similar? Scholes plays a way less attacking role than Ozil, who played more like a trequartista CF role
aww temper boys angry.
I won't lie, this made me laugh :D

Regardless, Ozil should not have gone to Madrid. Horrible choice.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 21 Aug 2010, 02:42

On temper boys defense, Scholes has played more attacking position at times and has done it well. On the other hand, his main position would be center midfield.

gascoigne67

Post by gascoigne67 » 21 Aug 2010, 09:40

He gets a goal every 5 prem games which is great for a CM. But apparently the man was a striker in Man U's youth team.

SAF changed that pretty quickly