Paul Scholes

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 17 Aug 2010, 11:37

no evan because of over a decade of success scholes was dominating when most of your hero's were learning how to say football.
Yes kid that's why everyone has been bragging over him for the last century, not...yes he has received praise but all of a sudden he has a good start to the season and he is better than Xavi, Fab, and Ozil? Yeahhh right. Who said they're my heroes, perhaps read more carefully? :lol:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 17 Aug 2010, 11:56

What was it Zidane said when he was asked who was the best player he had ever played against? Oh yeah, "Paul Scholes".

And I'm not saying this because of a good start to the season (even though he was sensational against Newcastle yesterday), I'm saying it because he has been consistently the best player in his position in over a decade.

It's widely known that he is one of the greatest ever to play the game, those who disagree say that because they are incredibly deluded, and they think players are as good as FIFA say they are, or because they never actually watch football.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 17 Aug 2010, 12:14

It's widely known that he is one of the greatest ever to play the game, those who disagree say that because they are incredibly deluded, and they think players are as good as FIFA say they are, or because they never actually watch football.
One could say he is a legend. But from what I understand you believe he is better than Xavi Fab and Ozil. That is false.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 17 Aug 2010, 12:33

None of those players will achieve what Scholes has in his career, or play better than Scholes did at his prime.

gascoigne67

Post by gascoigne67 » 17 Aug 2010, 12:56

Ward9310 wrote:What was it Zidane said when he was asked who was the best player he had ever played against? Oh yeah, "Paul Scholes".

And I'm not saying this because of a good start to the season (even though he was sensational against Newcastle yesterday), I'm saying it because he has been consistently the best player in his position in over a decade.

Best player he played against? Do you know who he said the best player in the world was?

Stevie G. Little better than Scholes dont you think :wink:

But man hes still got it. Cant believe he was a striker turned midfielder. Possibly the Premier Leagues greatest ever ambassador.

He is Scum, but talented scum

Id also like to point out the effects of injuries in a footballers career.

Robbie Fowler. On par perhaps even better than Giggs and Scholes in his prime. Different positions but look at Robbie now. Struggles in the A league.

Scholes still living it up

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 17 Aug 2010, 13:24

Gerrard was never, and will never be as good as Scholes in his prime.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 17 Aug 2010, 14:47

The only reason Scholes is not rated as highly as he should be is because of his character (which suits him) He doesnt own a bugatti veyron, he doesnt start fights in nightclubs and he doesnt have his own, boot, clothing, aftershave range.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 17 Aug 2010, 15:09

ScottyBoy wrote:The only reason Scholes is not rated as highly as he should be is because of his character (which suits him) He doesnt own a bugatti veyron, he doesnt start fights in nightclubs and he doesnt have his own, boot, clothing, aftershave range.
This. He's incredibly down to earth. Only player in the Premiership not to have an agent as well.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 17 Aug 2010, 15:17

Evan wrote:
One could say he is a legend. But from what I understand you believe he is better than Xavi Fab and Ozil. That is false.
Ozil? Who the hell is Ozil? He played like 2 good games in the world cup and now your saying he's among the best midfielders? Fabregas hasn't lifted the trophies Scholes has either so, maybe in a few years.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Pichichi

Post by Pichichi » 17 Aug 2010, 16:07

panchester07 wrote:
Evan wrote:
Ozil? Who the hell is Ozil? He played like 2 good games in the world cup and now your saying he's among the best midfielders? Fabregas hasn't lifted the trophies Scholes has either so, maybe in a few years.
Somebody doesn't follow the bundesliga... The World Cup isn't the only competition he's been in and there are more leagues than the EPL, La Liga, and Serie A.. Panchester needs to watch some fussball!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 17 Aug 2010, 16:16

Ok... He might have had 1-2 good seasons overthere, its plain stupid to call him better than Paul Scholes, in a far inferior league, team, etc, and so young. Thats like saying Raul will never be as good as Ballotelli.

Ozil will rot in the bench.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 17 Aug 2010, 16:18

panchester07 wrote:Ok... He might have had 1-2 good seasons overthere, its plain stupid to call him better than Paul Scholes, in a far inferior league, team, etc, and so young. Thats like saying Raul will never be as good as Ballotelli.

Ozil will rot in the bench.
Totally. At least at Man. U., he had a first team hope, and would experience plenty of rotation in Cup play. Going to Real will be a poor career decision for him, unless Mourinho can buck typical Real trend and see some rotation or at least get him to start over an established player.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 17 Aug 2010, 19:01

None of those players will achieve what Scholes has in his career, or play better than Scholes did at his prime.
Really? You're psychic? Can you tell me where I'll be in 20 years? :roll:
Yes panchester, I'm glad you were able to understand my English correctly. Right now, like I said, I would take any of those 3 over Scholes (Although Ozil is pushing it, I'll admit, especially since he's gonna rot now). fu** trophy count, obviously Fabregas hasn't lifted as many trophies. A- he's young, B- he's at Arsenal. :lol: And as far as Xavi goes, well, that just sorta explains itself.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 17 Aug 2010, 19:20

Yeah i would say Paul scholes is as good as xavi. Saying he is better than xavi is just ridiculous.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 17 Aug 2010, 19:22

shahensha wrote:Yeah i would say Paul scholes is as good as xavi. Saying he is better than xavi is just ridiculous.
Theres no doubt in that. Xavi is better now, and prime vs prime Xavi is better. I understand scholes is great, but Xavi is legendary.

The price says all. If he where along the quality of Scholes, or Cesc, or Xavi don't you think he would just be 15 million? Ballotelli was more expensive. He's just another youngster with good touch, be he dissapeared half of the world cup, the most important half btw. Ozil over scholes? :lol: Lucas Leiva over Xavi right?