Paul Scholes

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 21 Aug 2010, 11:19

He was a striker during his early days, but Fergie switched him to an attacking midfield role for the bulk of his career, he's more of a center midfielder now mainly because of his advancing years.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 21 Aug 2010, 13:49

:roll:

He played as an Attacking midfielder for pretty much all his career, as ward stated, he only plays a more central role now because he is aged.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 21 Aug 2010, 20:00

2brown347 wrote:I agree with rome, unless that safer bet is a striker from a lower division team that you pay 7 mil for without ever seeing play because your Portuguese coaching contacts told you he's a prospect :lol:
He's had some luck with little known Portuguese players in the past, now. ;\

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 21 Aug 2010, 23:19

But never to the extent of Bebe plus he'd seen them play at least.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 21 Aug 2010, 23:46

Trust in the Heart of the Cards, brown. The Heart of the Cards...

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 22 Aug 2010, 12:21

And here I was thinking that we managed to contain the plague that is Yu-Gi-Oh...

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 22 Aug 2010, 14:32

Interview Zidane gave about Scholes a couple of days ago:
Former France star Zinedine Zidane: I regret not playing with Manchester United star Paul Scholes

Legendary midfielder believes Englishman is in 'class of his own'

Zinedine Zidane admits that one of the biggest regrets of his career is not getting the chance to play with Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes.

England manager Fabio Capello is going to try and tempt the 35-year-old Red Devils star to come out of his six-year international retirement to join the Three Lions for Euro 2012 after failing to get him to return for the World Cup this summer.

Zidane praised Scholes as one of the finest players that he competed against in his career, and states that he laments not having been able to play alongside the Englishman.

“It’s only natural to want to select your best players and there is no doubt for me that Paul Scholes is still in a class of his own,” Zidane told The Mirror.

“He’s almost untouchable in what he does. I never tire of watching him play. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get.

“One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself during my career.”

The France legend praised Scholes for the way in which he made it difficult for opposition players on the pitch.

“He was an extremely tough opponent to play against. You didn’t get any time on the ball when he was around. He would close you down and make your life terribly uncomfortable.

“He is the type of player you want on your side, not in opposition because he could do so much damage.

“He is very gifted. He makes the game look easy because he’s so much natural ability.”

Scholes has stated that he regrets not joining England in South Africa, but Zidane, who returned from retirement to lead France to the 2006 World Cup final, believes that the Englishman must not think about that now.

“Life is full of regrets, but it doesn’t pay to look back.

“When I returned I was given lots of time to consider my position. I’m not sure he was afforded the same luxury.”
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... aying-with

EDIT: Just scored a wonderful goal against Fulham, 150th Goal for Untied from Scholes.