Ronaldo

Discuss and compare your favorite players
nick117
Veteran Member

Ronaldo

Post by nick117 » 29 May 2010, 06:20

for all the crap people like to give this guy about his personality read this.
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/67/world ... n-gaspar-2 it dosen't clear him of all the diving or whatever he did but knowing the kind of person he is off the field is nice.

Kasaki
Veteran Member

Post by Kasaki » 29 May 2010, 17:33

Yeah read that he was my idol anyways but now he's just greater in my eyes. I think people give him to much stick.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 29 May 2010, 17:39

Yeah, I've always been fairly tough on him about the diving and just typically childish behavior towards fouls, but there are worse out there. It's nice to get stories like these that really show another side of an athlete. I would only hope that most athletes are this appreciative about their situation and they wouldn't hesitate to reach out for worthy causes.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 29 May 2010, 18:32

What a nice story and what a example of a great man.

He really is a paragon on how to live.

He works like a mofo-
Is nice, kind, and charitative-
He's one of the best players in the world-

I don't know, like, he's a success in all the things he does. And he also has the heart to be kind and help those who need it, this is certainly not the first time I hear he's helping others.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 29 May 2010, 19:04

That was very gracious of him. I will be sure to remember his kind-heartedness before I go on a rant reminding people of his despicable behaviour. Regardless, I am still going to audibly say "cronaldo" whenever I speak of him because there is only one Ronaldo in football lore.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 29 May 2010, 21:52

It's more a sad story then a nice story. To be honest what cr7 did wasn't that out of left field for a celeb but gracious non the less. Personally I don't judge an athlete on the field the same way I do off the field. I'll still hate a nice guy off the field as a player if he acts like a douche on the field, the same way I'll still like a douche off the field if he's a fair player.

Nice to know he's not completely spoiled, but don't change my opinion of him as a player.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 30 May 2010, 17:31

I do beleive the football pitch often (if not always) shows one's true charachter

But that was a very kind thing to do on Ronaldo part, he really seems like a nice guy... who is just a bit self obbsessed

But I heard an interveiw with Roy Keane years back, saying how CR is a genuine nice bloke and he would have alot of time for him

If you didn't know Keane is extremely hard to get respect (never mind a compliment) out of... So maybe he's not the big evil fu**er people say he is

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 May 2010, 20:42

I don't know about the football pitch theory NBP. Being in the pitch sure gives me one of the best high's ever.Playing a competitive 90 minute match against one of your biggest rivals, or mostly any matchh (cause I always wanna win) gets me not only out of my head, it kind of gets me into an extasis state, in which I'm happy, very loud, and don't give a fu** about anythingg that is a worry.

Its an interesting theory though. And I do a lot of selfish players that in real life however they try to hide it they are extremely egocentric. My best friend is a perfect case, in the pitch he's extremely vertical, and loves to shine and be the center of attention, just like in real life he likes to be the funny one, and doesn't listen to others as much, as he listens to himself and as he wants others to pay attention to when he talks.

About Ronaldo, this isn't the first or second time I hear he's in charitative acts, and he also has that, that he does his OWN charity, he doesn't donate 10,000 dollars where a bunch of celebrities already donated, he likes to do his own charity. I've heard stories of him teaching other kids Math's when they lived in the academy in Sporting, etc. He's a good fella, just that he looks after number 1 to much on the field.. Off of it, I would bet he's in the category of the nicest, and most generous, when have you seen him not signing an autograph? Charity. Humblenes!!

Edit: Thought it hit me while I was running and I like to think of things like this, there IS a slight possibility that he does it all to clean his name, and to look good and un-selfish, after how he is in the field. But I think this possibilty isn't true, I don't think he gives a f!"·& what others think by this point, and probably if he did, he would be pumping gas, or being a waiter, he truely just cares about what he thinks, and thats one of the reasons he is succesful

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 31 May 2010, 03:07

In all fairness almost all professional athletes would have done that. Materazzi would have even done it.
Made by 2Brown.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 31 May 2010, 03:09

thats a good point, no one has the heart BLACK enough to not answer a call to a dying kid that admires you like his saviour.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 31 May 2010, 07:53

panchester07 wrote:thats a good point, no one has the heart BLACK enough to not answer a call to a dying kid that admires you like his saviour.
True, you'd have to be pretty nasty to do that. As much as Ronaldo is up himself (to put it mildly), I reckon that deep down he is fundamentally a nice guy. Yeah, he seems cocky and self centred, chucking a hissy fit every now and again, but if it came to the crunch I reckon he'd turn out alright. It's probably an immaturity if anything :P As much as he annoys me when he's diving around, going mental if someone doesn't pass to him, checking himself to make sure his overly gelled barnet hasn't a hair out of place, I can't help but respect him too. I remember when Madeline McCann first went missing, and he appealed on TV for people to help find her, I really respected him for that. This just further confirms to me that deep down, he's an alright guy :)
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 31 May 2010, 20:03

Truly heartwarming indeed. I don't know if it changes the fact that he is whiny and a bit pretentious, but he has always been one of the best in the world, and it shows that there are some circumstances that move all of us to great, selfless acts. Be we celebrities or not.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

ReXage

Post by ReXage » 31 May 2010, 21:08

I know the kid that past away Brandon Moreira (R.I.P), my cousin played with him at erin mills soccer club and he really was a great player at only age 15 and was national team quality. Really kind thing of Ronaldo to do.

Ward9310

Post by Ward9310 » 31 May 2010, 21:55

The lad's story is really quite tragic :(

And for the people who say that Ronaldo is cocky, I honestly don't believe it, I just think that he really confident in his own ability, and it may come off as him being cocky sometimes.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 31 May 2010, 22:00

Sometimes? :lol: