whats the difference between kaka and messi dribbling

Discuss and compare your favorite players
amu86

whats the difference between kaka and messi dribbling

Post by amu86 » 18 May 2010, 19:17

these 2 both dribble without moves, both are fast, and are both awesome dribblers. but kaka is way taller than messi. what seperates how these 2 dribble?

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 18 May 2010, 20:38

Messi keeps the ball much close to him, and does more dramatic feints to send players the wrong way completely, where as Kaka just uses his acceleration and change of direction to beat them as they commit.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 18 May 2010, 22:20

Messi makes great use of his acceleration too. I think the main difference is that Kaka's more likely to pull a move, while Messi is just happy to knock the ball on and run onto it.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 18 May 2010, 22:22

Well, to add to what klc said, Kaka just turns away from defenders and skips past challenges. Messi, on the other hand, dribbles at a higher speed, his direction changes are sharper, and he can make defenders think they'd get the ball if they tackle him even though he's pretty much guaranteed to beat them to it.
Also, Kaka dribbles into space so he can do his playmaking; Messi dribbles at defenders to force them to freeze, bunch up, then leave acres of space behind them.
So basically, Kaka knows how to beat defenders, Messi knows how to manipulate them.
EDIT: Just saw Rome's post. That's true too, it all depends on the situation though.
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 19 May 2010, 04:11

Kaka relies on speed to beat players, speed and acceleration and pace changes. He doesn't sell his moves as much, he relies on speed and explosion to beat players. He barely busts a feint, a fake, a stepover. Thats why lately he can't dribble for sh*t

Messi fakes it to one side, explodes to the other, relies on control, and impeccable driblling skills to beat players. Messi is all about cuts, and slalom. Take his speed away and he'll still be very good at dribbling. Even though Messi wont do to much footwork, with one or two body feints 90% of defenders are beat, he then uses his control and touch, to push the ball in the exact pace, direction for him to explode away. Lots of repetition, lots of practice, but also natural talent, and the fact that he has the right size to dribble this way. I even at times think that the hormones he was given have things to do with his dribbling capabilities.

Skills vs Speed imo.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 19 May 2010, 15:55

Completely agree with panch.

If you look carefully as some Messi dribbles, particularly ones such as the Getafe goal or long dribbles past many players, he doesn't actually change speed that much, he just dribbles at a very fast speed with the ball under immense control, and waits for the defender to freeze before faking to the opposite side and changing his direction to go around them.

Kaka on the other hand, as before stated, does seem to skip past the tackle, he waits for the defender to commit and then he almost completely relies on his change of pace to beat the defender.

In terms of why Kaka has been bad recently, I think the lack of game time and injury has effected his pace dramatically.