Exchanging Shirts

Discuss and compare your favorite players
mr_dude

Exchanging Shirts

Post by mr_dude » 28 Apr 2010, 20:48

Just out of curiosity, never really thought about this before. What do pros do with the shirts they exchange? Do they keep them as souvenirs, or do they switch back in the tunnels? Or something else?
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 28 Apr 2010, 20:54

obvsiously they keep it as souveniers, thats the whole point hah....

I saw an MTV cribs episode, it was with argentinian player D' Alessandro, he was showing his house, and when he showed the closet of shirts he had, it was like 100 shirts of the best player in the worlds..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 28 Apr 2010, 20:54

They obviously keep them lol, why would they swap them over on the pitch if they were going to give them away straight away.

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 28 Apr 2010, 21:00

To look good? I don't know, just thought it would be a little inconvenient to have a collection of jerseys from almost every game you play.
"A match isn't lost until after it's over." Me
"The greatest glory in life lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." Nelson Mandella

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 28 Apr 2010, 21:15

mr_dude wrote:To look good? I don't know, just thought it would be a little inconvenient to have a collection of jerseys from almost every game you play.
There not living in a shack. They should have plenty of room to put the jerseys. Some may even have a special trophy room where they put stuff like that.

bsc
Veteran Member

Post by bsc » 28 Apr 2010, 22:00

Some choose to keep them, others choose to donate/give them away. And during most regular season games I was under the impression players didn't exchange shirts (do they?). I thought they just did it for cup competitions and friendlies, or really big games. So it's not like they would have to store hundreds unless they were a seasoned veteran.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 28 Apr 2010, 23:59

Generally your top players/teams dont usually swap shirts, because these are "reserved" for charity auctions and sponsors etc. They are great items to keep to remember by gone days. You may think players will think it is stupid but they all love it.

Lots of players have "man" rooms pool tables etc with the walls lined with framed shirts and other memorabilia

best framed shirt ive seen is my mates dad who played for rangers and scotland back in the day, he has a real madrid Ferenc Puskas shirt, best player of the best squad of all time.

FACT

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 29 Apr 2010, 00:22

Gary Lineker used to (or maybe still does) have a number of bars at various holiday resorts in the Mediterranean. I've been to the ones in Majorca and Tenerife and they are full of shirt and photos, a lot are signed. Its a while since I was there but I definitely saw a Ruud Guillit Holland shirt and pretty sure I saw a Pele one too although alcohol blurred my memories.

I've got a couple of shirts but the best one is the one worn by Herman Hreidersson when Ipswich beat Inter Milan in around 2001. Its framed and signed plus I also managed to get the local paper to sell me a photo of him wearing the shirt during the match. In the photo is Clarence Seedorf and Xavier Zanetti.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 29 Apr 2010, 01:02

Haha seedorf has played for every team in the world..

I was in a Outlet mall in Orlando, FL and there was this shop called "Fans" or some sh*t along those lines.. I went in just curious, and it was a shop with literally filled of souveniers from athletes and artists, like boxers, basketball players, also teamss fu** it had everything.. Man U - Barca, like little replicas of players, signed posters seriously it was a paradise....ç

As I was lurking around, about to leave the shop, and pay the litle Man U poster I bought for my room which is fu**ing sweet, I raise my head up and guess what I saw.... The fu**in Maradona 10 Argentina jersey he used, SIGNEDDDD...... I almost shat myself right theree, but I contained myself cause I don't know what the law is in USA against shitting in public areas jk jk.. haha... It was 500 $ though, so, I preetty much had to see it from there and comform myself wit dattt
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'