Spanish Midfield

Discuss and compare your favorite players
Anymi
Veteran Member

Spanish Midfield

Post by Anymi » 18 Apr 2010, 21:42

Lets say Espanyol made the final, what is this centre midfield going to look like???

Torres and Villa will be up front and there will be 4 backs..

For centres, Xavi, Xabi alonso, Iniesta, Fabregas etc (Busquets, Guti)
So whats going to be the layout?

Id personally have Xavi and Alonso, with Iniesta paying a makeshift wide position.

Although people would say Alonso is not as prolific as Fab or Xavi I think those two are to similar and drown themselves out a bit. If Alonso sits a little deeper he can pin balls around like crazy

What do you think?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 18 Apr 2010, 22:19

Espanyol is a team that plays in Barcelona city.

Español is a language.. or a person from Spain...

and España is the country ... ;)

That being said, I would play a 4-4-2:

Torres and Villa up front..

Xabi Alonso and Xavi in the middle Iniesta on the right wing or right midfield..

and on the left David Silva..

Uff aint no one beating this team

--------------Torres --- Villa

Iniesta - -----------------------------Silva
------------ Alonso ----- Xavi -------- ---

Arbeloa --- Pique --- Puyol --- Ramos

--------- Diego Lopez :D
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 18 Apr 2010, 22:52

I'd imagine the same attacking lineup they used in the Euro's really. It worked then and not much has changed. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 18 Apr 2010, 23:58

Diego Lopez??? dude Pepe Reina haha, nah Casillas will captain, you got Fab on the bench, Llorente on the bench...what a line up

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 19 Apr 2010, 00:13

How can we forget Senna? The villareal captain was the major reason behind Spain winning the Euro. His ball control and physical strength in midfield allowed the midgets (especially xavi) to pass the ball all over the place.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 19 Apr 2010, 01:21

Does Guti play for the Spanish National Team at all?

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 19 Apr 2010, 01:23

Nope. As good as he is, his incosistency was the decisive factor here.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 19 Apr 2010, 01:37

Anymi wrote:Diego Lopez??? dude Pepe Reina haha, nah Casillas will captain, you got Fab on the bench, Llorente on the bench...what a line up
Obviously sarcastic, :lol: :lol: i think the goal keeper is the most obbvious position in Spain...

In my opinion Alonso is better than Fabregas, wasn't that kind of the debate, either one of the two? Surely both cannot play, and I chose Alonso, so did Del Bosque in his last friendly vs France..

And Shahensa believed me my hand typed and deleted Senna about 4 times, but I decided to delete him and a more effective formation.. Like the players that are playing better now, I think Senna was key in the Spanish Euro win, but I think he's a bit burnt out now, let us not forget he's in his age...

This is a powerful team, but I think its vulnerable to one thing.. Fast spontaneaities (is that a word?)... Granted they will posses and tactically destroy most teams, I think a fast counter attack could be there Achiles Tendon, think USA for example, really had nothing better than Spain, but two quick counter attacks by Donovan(speedy) Altidore, and Dempsey and they got scored on... Put these two teams to play 10 times, and Spain would win 9, prolly, but that time USA won, thanks to quick-ass counterattacks that I think showed the World the only reall weakness they have .. After the first goal, Then USA, closed their gates, and defended with power strength and might, and when Spain was about to choke, they killed them with the second goal.. Thats like getting fu***ed without a lubricant (no it isn't I just wanted to say that:D) So Managers around the world, take note, on how you can score on Spain.

And I think Guti could be valuable to Spain, if he actually worked, but I think he's the least motivated football player out there.. One day he's assisting, dribbling, scoring, creating game, and the next day he's telling Pelligrini to fu** off and the likes.. Its always been like this, I don't think he takes his career as seriously as I would, or he really should.. Think Allen Iverson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'