David Beckham out of the World Cup

Discuss and compare your favorite players
LiveTheDream
Veteran Member
Posts: 393
Joined: 08 May 2009, 05:34

Post by LiveTheDream » 19 Mar 2010, 05:11

I'm gutted about it. Becks has been my idol since I got into football years ago, and I was really hoping that he'd get to finish his career on a high. It just seems so unfair- all the effort he was gone to to get himself in a position where Capello might select him- he wasn't even guaranteed a spot despite him going to Milan. He really deserved this chance, and now it's been taken away from him.

I know it's not going to affect England in the way that most people would be concerned about- I mean, we all know that had he gone he would have been a squad player, and impact sub, another option for Capello- but I think that what England will miss most from him will be his leadership, his experience and his professionalism.
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better


Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

nick117
Veteran Member
Posts: 1105
Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 23:14

Post by nick117 » 19 Mar 2010, 05:17

except beckham has a coaching job at the world cup so he can still be there for his team

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member
Posts: 393
Joined: 08 May 2009, 05:34

Post by LiveTheDream » 21 Mar 2010, 06:02

Real? I thought that was just a rumour, be great if it was true!
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better


Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 21 Mar 2010, 06:15

LiveTheDream wrote:Real? I thought that was just a rumour, be great if it was true!
Second that, I've heard it around, but it sounded like a rumour to me.. If he's gonna get a position as an assistant or something that would be great for him and for England.. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I here in a few years he decides to coach England.....

But back on topic yeah I'd be awesome for Becks to have a position on the England staff, and a lot of attention would be given to him, England fans would admire him, and he would demonstrate the love for his country, it would be seen as a wonderful act..

Whatever he is gonna do, I doubt it matters, but he has my support 100%

I remember he had issues with cappello though, when he played for Madrid - and had already decided he was leaving for L.A. Galaxy..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member
Posts: 393
Joined: 08 May 2009, 05:34

Post by LiveTheDream » 21 Mar 2010, 06:20

panchester07 wrote:
LiveTheDream wrote:Real? I thought that was just a rumour, be great if it was true!
Second that, I've heard it around, but it sounded like a rumour to me.. If he's gonna get a position as an assistant or something that would be great for him and for England.. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I here in a few years he decides to coach England.....

But back on topic yeah I'd be awesome for Becks to have a position on the England staff, and a lot of attention would be given to him, England fans would admire him, and he would demonstrate the love for his country, it would be seen as a wonderful act..

Whatever he is gonna do, I doubt it matters, but he has my support 100%

I remember he had issues with cappello though, when he played for Madrid - and had already decided he was leaving for L.A. Galaxy..
They sorted out their issues though- Capello even wanted Becks to stay in the end, but LA said no. I reckon when it comes down to it Capello will make the decision that is best for the team as a whole- personally I believe that Beckham's experience and overall leadership would be a plus to the squad but obviously that is for Capello to decide in the end. I trust he'll make the right decision for the team though :D

I would love Becks to have some involvement though- he really deserves it for the efforts he made to have a chance to be there
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better


Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 21 Mar 2010, 06:53

LiveTheDream wrote:
panchester07 wrote:
LiveTheDream wrote:Real? I thought that was just a rumour, be great if it was true!
Second that, I've heard it around, but it sounded like a rumour to me.. If he's gonna get a position as an assistant or something that would be great for him and for England.. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I here in a few years he decides to coach England.....

But back on topic yeah I'd be awesome for Becks to have a position on the England staff, and a lot of attention would be given to him, England fans would admire him, and he would demonstrate the love for his country, it would be seen as a wonderful act..

Whatever he is gonna do, I doubt it matters, but he has my support 100%

I remember he had issues with cappello though, when he played for Madrid - and had already decided he was leaving for L.A. Galaxy..
They sorted out their issues though- Capello even wanted Becks to stay in the end, but LA said no. I reckon when it comes down to it Capello will make the decision that is best for the team as a whole- personally I believe that Beckham's experience and overall leadership would be a plus to the squad but obviously that is for Capello to decide in the end. I trust he'll make the right decision for the team though :D

I would love Becks to have some involvement though- he really deserves it for the efforts he made to have a chance to be there
Thanks for the clarification sister hah... I don't know why I thought that Becks left and the arguments and dislikement continued between the two... Probably I was younger and still took word for word 100% what the Spanish Press said which is a huge mistake.

I commented on your "Balancing Time" topic, hope that helps.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member
Posts: 393
Joined: 08 May 2009, 05:34

Post by LiveTheDream » 21 Mar 2010, 07:12

Thanks Panchester, yeah, I had a quick look, it was real helpful :D

Yeah, the media can often take stuff outta context- guess that's how most of them keep in business :roll:
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better


Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

Rummandinho
Senior Member
Posts: 244
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 03:43

Post by Rummandinho » 21 Mar 2010, 17:30

Makes me wonder if we're ever going to find a guy with wtfh4xbeckham sort of accuracy on the ball. :(
Image

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3849
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post by panchester07 » 21 Mar 2010, 20:54

Well, this isn't about England, but, according to News of the World, Valencia is a much more effective crosser than Beckham and Ronaldo, meaning his crosses end up in goal more times than the two mentioned previously, heres the story:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/f ... NALDO.html
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post by 2brown347 » 21 Mar 2010, 23:02

How often the reciever of the cross is able to put it in the back of the net isn't a reflection of the cross quality.

Rummandinho
Senior Member
Posts: 244
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 03:43

Post by Rummandinho » 22 Mar 2010, 07:24

2brown347 wrote:How often the reciever of the cross is able to put it in the back of the net isn't a reflection of the cross quality.
I agree. Also last I saw Ronaldo in ManUtd his crosses were crap. Nani crosses better.
Image

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member
Posts: 393
Joined: 08 May 2009, 05:34

Post by LiveTheDream » 27 Mar 2010, 09:00

Rummandinho wrote:
2brown347 wrote:How often the reciever of the cross is able to put it in the back of the net isn't a reflection of the cross quality.
I agree. Also last I saw Ronaldo in ManUtd his crosses were crap. Nani crosses better.
Aha! THAT'S how Ronaldo scored so many goals at Man U... They were meant to be crosses! :P
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better


Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

Rummandinho
Senior Member
Posts: 244
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 03:43

Post by Rummandinho » 28 Mar 2010, 09:34

LiveTheDream wrote:
Rummandinho wrote:
2brown347 wrote:How often the reciever of the cross is able to put it in the back of the net isn't a reflection of the cross quality.
I agree. Also last I saw Ronaldo in ManUtd his crosses were crap. Nani crosses better.
Aha! THAT'S how Ronaldo scored so many goals at Man U... They were meant to be crosses! :P
Ronaldo scores his goals like a ninja. Even he doesn't know how he does it.

Maybe it's the seekrit magic of his hair :shock:
Image

Wanderer
Veteran Member
Posts: 1084
Joined: 22 Mar 2007, 01:42

Post by Wanderer » 28 Mar 2010, 14:42

Rummandinho wrote:
LiveTheDream wrote:
Rummandinho wrote: I agree. Also last I saw Ronaldo in ManUtd his crosses were crap. Nani crosses better.
Aha! THAT'S how Ronaldo scored so many goals at Man U... They were meant to be crosses! :P
Ronaldo scores his goals like a ninja. Even he doesn't know how he does it.

Maybe it's the seekrit magic of his hair :shock:
It's prob the special grease on him that makes the ball slide mysteriously past the keeper and catches them off guard.

Rummandinho
Senior Member
Posts: 244
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 03:43

Post by Rummandinho » 30 Mar 2010, 02:24

Wanderer wrote:
Rummandinho wrote:
LiveTheDream wrote: Aha! THAT'S how Ronaldo scored so many goals at Man U... They were meant to be crosses! :P
Ronaldo scores his goals like a ninja. Even he doesn't know how he does it.

Maybe it's the seekrit magic of his hair :shock:
It's prob the special grease on him that makes the ball slide mysteriously past the keeper and catches them off guard.
Nooo... The special grease is for 'special' post-match 'rituals' that used to involve Nani and Anderson. Now it's probably Casillas and Sergio Ramos.
Image

Post Reply